PDA

View Full Version : Portable Mortgage on a Refinance?

Beachcomber
July 2nd 03, 05:29 AM
Has any one heard about the new "portable mortgages" that allow you to
move up one time and purchase a different house while keeping your
interest rate locked?

There is some limited info on these on www.bankrate.com, but I haven't
found a company that will do a refinance with a "portable mortgage".

I would be most grateful for any additional information....

Beachcomber

juliehh
July 3rd 03, 01:49 AM
Beachcomber > wrote in message

> Has any one heard about the new "portable mortgages" that allow you to
> move up one time and purchase a different house while keeping your
> interest rate locked?
>
> There is some limited info on these on www.bankrate.com, but I haven't
> found a company that will do a refinance with a "portable mortgage".
>
> I would be most grateful for any additional information....
>
> Beachcomber

i read a little blurb in time magazine yesterday about it - said etrade (of
all people) offers them. portable for 30 years. when you find out
something let us know - sounds interesting.
julie

juliehh
July 3rd 03, 01:49 AM
Beachcomber > wrote in message

> Has any one heard about the new "portable mortgages" that allow you to
> move up one time and purchase a different house while keeping your
> interest rate locked?
>
> There is some limited info on these on www.bankrate.com, but I haven't
> found a company that will do a refinance with a "portable mortgage".
>
> I would be most grateful for any additional information....
>
> Beachcomber

i read a little blurb in time magazine yesterday about it - said etrade (of
all people) offers them. portable for 30 years. when you find out
something let us know - sounds interesting.
julie

Google