PDA

View Full Version : Re: uses for used latex gloves?

July 5th 03, 02:47 AM
(Ablang) wrote:

>These are the kind used for dishwashing (yellow color), but have holes in them
>or cracks due to hot/cold water.
>
>Can these be used in any way?

Recto-digital stimulation of SS?

Yellow waving hand bobbers in the rear window of a car?

Filled with plaster, they could make pointing signs.

Dennis
July 5th 03, 07:01 PM
On Sat, 5 Jul 2003 11:06:15 -0400, "lpogoda"
> wrote:

>When I was a kid, we used these for ammunition. You take a piece of wood
>and cut out an "L" shape. Glue or screw a spring type clothespin to the
>short end of the "L" with the opening at the vertex. Take your gloves and
>cut bands from the part that over the wrist - you end up with a bunch of
>wide "rubber bands". Now, pick up the wood and clothespin contraption like
>it was a gun. Stretch a band from the front to and grab it with the
>clothespin. When you squeeze the handle, the clothespin opens, and the band
>shoots.

And, once you get bored with that, you notice that your dad cut the
wood part out of a piece of tongue-and-groove board, leaving the
groove along the top of the "gun". So you attach the rubber band to
the muzzle end of the gun with a small nail, stretch it back to the
clothespin trigger and use it to shoot darts like a spear gun.

(Thinking back, it's a wonder that my friends and I made it through
childhood intact. :-)

the Dennis formerly known as (evil)