PDA

View Full Version : PS2 For Just Few Pennies!!!

Nick
July 6th 03, 10:29 AM
I don't believe in the idea at first.....

But one of my best ICQ friends continued to persuade me to join...

Finally I joined the matrix program of PS2, I felt regreted
immediately after my stupid action.

And my parents blamed me seriously after they knew the case.

That's my first time... to buy things on internet.

Last week, a surprising email changed my mind.
It said I am about to receive my PS2!!!

Few days ago, I received it and I am enjoying my games these good days
after exam~~~~~~

My parents now seem quite interested in the "matrix programs" idea.

Have you guys joined any of these kinds of programs?

TomTom
July 6th 03, 01:48 PM
Mathematically speaking, in a matrix there are a few who win, and alot who
lose. It's a gamble really, you should never spend what you can't afford to
lose, because there will be alot of losers.

In the past couple of months I have watched alot of matrix sites go under,
there is currently a lawsuit in california against one of the major matrix
sites, EZEXPO, PayPal and Ginix (a major credit card processor that matrix
sites like to use) are also included in the lawsuit because they have been
the major methods of payment that matrix sites have used.

I had cycled on two matrix sites in mid may and have never been paid or
received my product because the sites just recently went under because Ginix
froze their accounts. Fortunately I was able to contact Ginix and they gave
me refunds so I haven't lost anything really, but I haven't gained anything
either.

Count yourself among the lucky ones, there are alot of people getting burned
on matrix sites. I think eventually there will be more lawsuits and the
concept will die out. There are also alot of shady characters in the matrix
world looking to make a fast buck and setting up a matrix site as a scam.

There is currently a watchdog group that is trying to get matrix sites shut
down and they have been succeeding, www.matrixwatch.org, they're the ones
who have filed the lawsuit as well.

If I were you I'd proceed with caution and make sure whatever you spend is
money that you can afford to lose.

"Nick" > wrote in message
om...
> I don't believe in the idea at first.....
>
> But one of my best ICQ friends continued to persuade me to join...
>
> Finally I joined the matrix program of PS2, I felt regreted
> immediately after my stupid action.
>
> And my parents blamed me seriously after they knew the case.
>
> That's my first time... to buy things on internet.
>
> Last week, a surprising email changed my mind.
> It said I am about to receive my PS2!!!
>
> Few days ago, I received it and I am enjoying my games these good days
> after exam~~~~~~
>

> My parents now seem quite interested in the "matrix programs" idea.
>
> Have you guys joined any of these kinds of programs?

TomTom
July 6th 03, 01:48 PM
Mathematically speaking, in a matrix there are a few who win, and alot who
lose. It's a gamble really, you should never spend what you can't afford to
lose, because there will be alot of losers.

In the past couple of months I have watched alot of matrix sites go under,
there is currently a lawsuit in california against one of the major matrix
sites, EZEXPO, PayPal and Ginix (a major credit card processor that matrix
sites like to use) are also included in the lawsuit because they have been
the major methods of payment that matrix sites have used.

I had cycled on two matrix sites in mid may and have never been paid or
received my product because the sites just recently went under because Ginix
froze their accounts. Fortunately I was able to contact Ginix and they gave
me refunds so I haven't lost anything really, but I haven't gained anything
either.

Count yourself among the lucky ones, there are alot of people getting burned
on matrix sites. I think eventually there will be more lawsuits and the
concept will die out. There are also alot of shady characters in the matrix
world looking to make a fast buck and setting up a matrix site as a scam.

There is currently a watchdog group that is trying to get matrix sites shut
down and they have been succeeding, www.matrixwatch.org, they're the ones
who have filed the lawsuit as well.

If I were you I'd proceed with caution and make sure whatever you spend is
money that you can afford to lose.

"Nick" > wrote in message
om...
> I don't believe in the idea at first.....
>
> But one of my best ICQ friends continued to persuade me to join...
>
> Finally I joined the matrix program of PS2, I felt regreted
> immediately after my stupid action.
>
> And my parents blamed me seriously after they knew the case.
>
> That's my first time... to buy things on internet.
>
> Last week, a surprising email changed my mind.
> It said I am about to receive my PS2!!!
>
> Few days ago, I received it and I am enjoying my games these good days
> after exam~~~~~~
>

> My parents now seem quite interested in the "matrix programs" idea.
>
> Have you guys joined any of these kinds of programs?

Anthony Matonak
July 6th 03, 02:25 PM
Nick wrote:
> I don't believe in the idea at first.....

Looks like just another pyramid scam to me. What makes this one
any more likely to pay off or any more legal? Do you really think
these guys are going to stay one step ahead of the law, and jail,
long enough for you to profit?

Besides, IBM canceled the PS2 line and I would be surprised if you
couldn't have found a better deal in a thrift store for some kind of
used computer.

Anthony

Anthony Matonak
July 6th 03, 02:25 PM
Nick wrote:
> I don't believe in the idea at first.....

Looks like just another pyramid scam to me. What makes this one
any more likely to pay off or any more legal? Do you really think
these guys are going to stay one step ahead of the law, and jail,
long enough for you to profit?

Besides, IBM canceled the PS2 line and I would be surprised if you
couldn't have found a better deal in a thrift store for some kind of
used computer.

Anthony

Brown Hornet
July 6th 03, 02:55 PM
> Besides, IBM canceled the PS2 line and I would be surprised if you
> couldn't have found a better deal in a thrift store for some kind of
> used computer.

Anthony,

I believe 'PS2' is referring to the 'Play Station 2'.

Either way, I agree with you:

> Looks like just another pyramid scam to me.

I've never heard of this scheme until today -- It sounds fishy!

--
Brown Hornet

Brown Hornet
July 6th 03, 02:55 PM
> Besides, IBM canceled the PS2 line and I would be surprised if you
> couldn't have found a better deal in a thrift store for some kind of
> used computer.

Anthony,

I believe 'PS2' is referring to the 'Play Station 2'.

Either way, I agree with you:

> Looks like just another pyramid scam to me.

I've never heard of this scheme until today -- It sounds fishy!

--
Brown Hornet

KuangTan
July 6th 03, 09:38 PM
"Elana Kehoe" > wrote in message
> Anthony Matonak > wrote:
>
> > Nick wrote:
> > > I don't believe in the idea at first.....
> >
> > Looks like just another pyramid scam to me. What makes this one
> > any more likely to pay off or any more legal? Do you really think
> > these guys are going to stay one step ahead of the law, and jail,
> > long enough for you to profit?
> >
> > Besides, IBM canceled the PS2 line and I would be surprised if you
> > couldn't have found a better deal in a thrift store for some kind of
> > used computer.
>
> Are you thinking of OS2/Warp? Cause I think the OP's talking about a
> Playstation 2.

Basically, it is sort of a scam, because these type of schemes, they go
about like this,
you buy a product they "sell" (e-book and etc) to make it legal, then they
put you on a list.

Assuming that you are the first guy on the list. Now, they tell you that if
20 more ppl(the number varies according to the cash you pay at first) who
join the matrix via buying the product they sell, you will get the free
stuff they were offering in the first place, (PS2, digital cameras and the
likes) all for the price of $25!! or what ever they sold to you in the first
place.
The second person on the list will have to wait for 20 more (different)
people to join
However, the catch is that , you have to be early in that list. This is
because each of the other 20 people who join the list, are going to join
with the assumption that 20 MORE people are going to join as well.
(basically, each one is trying to hope there are enough suckers out there
who don't realise that the later you are on the list, the more time you will
have to wait) In short, the twentieth guy on the list has to wait for about
400 people more to join before he can get his PS2. AND there is no loop
holes either, you cant just buy 20 e-books and get the PS2 for free, because
20x25 is a whole lotta money. ( it might not even be $25 in the first place)

IMO, logically, like a poster said, there are only a few winners and a lot
of losers. Most of these matrices have foggy descriptions to prey on
innocent people who do not know better and because it is even worse than a
pyramid scheme (because everytime, it generates even more gullible people 20
versus just 2) The only way to get what you want in life is by being frugal
and by working hard and smart. That is what my mom has always told me. BTW,
this is my first post here, and I think Im kinda like a young 'un here, and
furthermore, I just came to America as a college student 6 months ago, so
please forgive me if there are any cultural or generation related
differences which has led me to unknowingly insult or anger anyone.

Anyway, my advice is, don't support this kinda schemes ( unless the product
that they are selling in the first place is what you want/need at a good
price). It is going to break a lot of other people's heart.(and wallet) I'm
actually quite surprised that you got your ps2 that soon, did you join it
while it was still early or what? I have been monitoring a matrix site,
www.wolltekmatrix.com , to see if I would be getting my archos multimedia
set IF I had join at that time. Sadly (or happily), I don't think so. Even
the guy who introduced this to me isn't even close to it yet, I think so
far, in six months, only 6-7 people have gotten their freebie, and the
number is not going to increase linearly with them, let me tell you that.

warmest regards,
Kuang Hau 20
Malaysia.

> [...]

please forgive me if there are any cultural or generation related
differences which has led me to unknowingly insult or anger anyone.

Anyway, my advice is, don't support this kinda schemes ( unless the product
that they are selling in the first place is what you want/need at a good
price). It is going to break a lot of other people's heart.(and wallet) I'm
actually quite surprised that you got your ps2 that soon, did you join it
while it was still early or what? I have been monitoring a matrix site,
www.wolltekmatrix.com , to see if I would be getting my archos multimedia
set IF I had join at that time. Sadly (or happily), I don't think so. Even
the guy who introduced this to me isn't even close to it yet, I think so
far, in six months, only 6-7 people have gotten their freebie, and the
number is not going to increase linearly with them, let me tell you that.

July 7th 03, 01:24 AM
Well....
I'm just talking about Playstation 2.

Nick
July 7th 03, 01:24 AM
Well....
I'm just talking about Playstation 2.

Nick
July 7th 03, 01:28 AM
For the guys who haven't heard of "matrix programs".

Goto
http://matrix.etown4u.com/
to see "How It Works".

Actually it is the web site where I got the PS2.

Nick
July 7th 03, 01:28 AM
For the guys who haven't heard of "matrix programs".

Goto
http://matrix.etown4u.com/
to see "How It Works".

Actually it is the web site where I got the PS2.

totojepast
July 8th 03, 12:33 PM
A Ponzi pyramid scheme again...

totojepast
July 8th 03, 12:33 PM
A Ponzi pyramid scheme again...

Gary
July 11th 03, 02:40 PM
This is the scheme you see on ebay to get product XYZ for pennies on the dollar

(totojepast) wrote in message >...
> A Ponzi pyramid scheme again...

Gary
July 11th 03, 02:40 PM
This is the scheme you see on ebay to get product XYZ for pennies on the dollar

(totojepast) wrote in message >...
> A Ponzi pyramid scheme again...

Google