PDA

View Full Version : Purchase ceramic tile - recommendation

July 6th 03, 04:11 PM
Does anyone have any recommendations of a good place to purchase
cermanic tile online or direct through a wholesaler? I've found a lot
of other building supplies online at vastly reduced cost compared to
our local Home Depot or Lowes.

What about places to avoid?

I'm not looking to make huge purchases just enough to redo my kitchan
and a couple bathrooms.

Thanks!
Fred

Patricia
July 6th 03, 04:28 PM
> From: )
> Does anyone have any recommendations of a good place to purchase
> cermanic tile online or direct through a wholesaler? I've found a lot
> of other building supplies online at vastly reduced cost compared to
> our local Home Depot or Lowes.
>
> What about places to avoid?
>
> I'm not looking to make huge purchases just enough to redo my kitchan
> and a couple bathrooms.
>
> Thanks!
> Fred

======

How about Home Depot for ceramic tile ? They are on line also ....

Have you seen the new tiles that look like tumbled marble ? They are
beautiful, I think.

Also: http://barefootfloor.com/ceramic.asp

Patricia

Patricia
July 6th 03, 04:28 PM

======

How about Home Depot for ceramic tile ? They are on line also ....

Have you seen the new tiles that look like tumbled marble ? They are
beautiful, I think.

Also: http://barefootfloor.com/ceramic.asp

Patricia

Richard J Kinch
July 6th 03, 05:38 PM
writes:

> Does anyone have any recommendations of a good place to purchase
> cermanic tile online or direct through a wholesaler? I've found a lot
> of other building supplies online at vastly reduced cost compared to
> our local Home Depot or Lowes.

Not possible. Competitive pricing comes down to freight costs, so all
markets are local. Home Depot seems to have both overpriced junk and
quality tile at bargain prices, with no rationale or consistent offerings.
Earlier this year they had granite tile for under $2/sq ft, but not now.
You have to learn about tile and specify what you want; no substitute for
that, and allow some time to find it.

Richard J Kinch
July 6th 03, 05:38 PM
writes:

> Does anyone have any recommendations of a good place to purchase
> cermanic tile online or direct through a wholesaler? I've found a lot
> of other building supplies online at vastly reduced cost compared to
> our local Home Depot or Lowes.

Not possible. Competitive pricing comes down to freight costs, so all
markets are local. Home Depot seems to have both overpriced junk and
quality tile at bargain prices, with no rationale or consistent offerings.
Earlier this year they had granite tile for under $2/sq ft, but not now.
You have to learn about tile and specify what you want; no substitute for
that, and allow some time to find it.

Google