PDA

View Full Version : Some thoughts about toilets

Andy in Fink
July 8th 03, 03:02 PM
A few days ago there was a very very long thread about 1.6 gallon
toilets. Some work well, some don't, but everybody seems to agree
that using less water is better. To that end, I have a few thoughts that
might stimulate others........

1) It makes no sense to flush a toilet with potable water. Or wash the
car or clean off the patio. If conservation is a problem, we should
have two separate lines into the house -- one for potable stuff like
drinking and washing hands and showers, and a second line which
doesn't have to be fluoridated, filtered, and biologically and
chemically pure....... Like well water, to be used for lawn
sprinkling, car washing, and toilet flushing....

2) It makes no sense to use 1.6 gallons of water to make one cup
of pee go away. And that happens 5 or 6 times a day, for sure.
I propose that bathrooms be outfitted with urinals in addition to
toilets, since a urinal only requires a cup or two of water. I don't
know of urinals available for females, but I think a design could be
created for both genders.

Alternative for guys:
1) Pee in a jug, and pour it into the toilet whenever
you take a dump. Or when it gets full.
2) Remember to pee whenever you take a shower,
---- keep your feet apart and aim directly at
the drain.....(this would probably work for
gals, too, but I am not certain)

3) I have no problem whatever with using the water to flush a
dump. It is worth the price. HOWEVER, if each bathroom
had a portapotty type of toilet which needed flushing only
when the storage tank was 3/4 full, it would save enormous
amounts of water. Much like the holding tanks in a R V.
(R Vers have to be very conscious of water storage tanks
and their capabilities. It is part of the life style). It takes
only about a pint of water to flush an RV toilet, which uses
gravity to drop the contents into a holding tank. When full,
the holding tank is emptied, by gravity, into a septic outlet....

3) Always, always use the restrooms in commercial businesses
when you can. And take your jug with you when you visit
friends ---- be considerate of their water useage.....
( OK, so I'm getting light-hearted here. Still, it will save water)

Just some frugalista comments on water useage.

I became aware of these issues when I bought a cabin on a lake
and the local water service wanted $30 a month whether I used
any water or not..... I now use a cistern . Also, the water service sent
around a letter saying that the radioactivity levels in their water
exceeded Federal Standards......... Probably a good way
to save on the electric bill at night --- just turn on the tap
and use the glow........

Andy

--
If you send a reply to the "reply" address, it will be
filtered out unless your address is in my address book.

Tom Swiss
July 8th 03, 03:54 PM
"Andy in Fink" > writes:

> If conservation is a problem, we should
> have two separate lines into the house -- one for potable stuff like
> drinking and washing hands and showers, and a second line which
> doesn't have to be fluoridated, filtered, and biologically and
> chemically pure....... Like well water, to be used for lawn
> sprinkling, car washing, and toilet flushing....

If you're on city water, it's probably easier to have one line of
potable water, and use greywater (your wash water, as opposed to
"blackwater" from the toilet) for irrigation. You could probably even use
greywater for toilet flushing. For a well, yeah, it probably makes sense to
only treat drinking and wash water.

> 2) It makes no sense to use 1.6 gallons of water to make one cup
> of pee go away.

In Japan, all toilets have a "small" and a "large" flush. I've seen a
gizmo to make standard U.S. toilets do this, but it was expensive.

===Tom Swiss/tms(at)infamous.net===http://www.infamous.net==="Born to die"===
"What's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?" - Nick Lowe
"Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you
count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet." -- Dave Barry

Tom Swiss
July 8th 03, 03:54 PM
"Andy in Fink" > writes:

> If conservation is a problem, we should
> have two separate lines into the house -- one for potable stuff like
> drinking and washing hands and showers, and a second line which
> doesn't have to be fluoridated, filtered, and biologically and
> chemically pure....... Like well water, to be used for lawn
> sprinkling, car washing, and toilet flushing....

If you're on city water, it's probably easier to have one line of
potable water, and use greywater (your wash water, as opposed to
"blackwater" from the toilet) for irrigation. You could probably even use
greywater for toilet flushing. For a well, yeah, it probably makes sense to
only treat drinking and wash water.

> 2) It makes no sense to use 1.6 gallons of water to make one cup
> of pee go away.

In Japan, all toilets have a "small" and a "large" flush. I've seen a
gizmo to make standard U.S. toilets do this, but it was expensive.

===Tom Swiss/tms(at)infamous.net===http://www.infamous.net==="Born to die"===
"What's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?" - Nick Lowe
"Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you
count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet." -- Dave Barry

Lena
July 8th 03, 05:28 PM
"Pat Meadows" advised
> If you're really concerned about saving that much water,
> you can just not flush every time you pee, but only every
> couple of times.

The old adage, "If it's yellow, let it mellow; if it's brown, flush it down"
--
Lena

put "hotmail" in the subject line to get through the filters

Lena
July 8th 03, 05:28 PM
"Pat Meadows" advised
> If you're really concerned about saving that much water,
> you can just not flush every time you pee, but only every
> couple of times.

The old adage, "If it's yellow, let it mellow; if it's brown, flush it down"
--
Lena

put "hotmail" in the subject line to get through the filters

Lena
July 8th 03, 05:36 PM
"Andy in Fink" commented

I have a few thoughts

> 1) It makes no sense to flush a toilet with potable water.
> 2) It makes no sense to use 1.6 gallons of water to make one cup
> of pee go away.

On our older, 3.5 gallon commodes, we tried drilling a small hole in the
corner of the right angle plastic elbow that diverts water into the overflow
after the toilet is flushed, refilling the bowl. About half the water would
then go into the bowl and the rest just helped fill the tank faster.
However, with less water in the bowl, sometimes a big load didn't flush well
and a second flush was required, eliminating all that was saved in several
previous flushes.

A bucket in the bathroom would be useful for collecting the water one runs
in the shower waiting for hot water. This water could be used for flushing,
or watering the plants.
--
Lena

put "hotmail" in the subject line to get through the filters

Lena
July 8th 03, 05:36 PM
"Andy in Fink" commented

I have a few thoughts

> 1) It makes no sense to flush a toilet with potable water.
> 2) It makes no sense to use 1.6 gallons of water to make one cup
> of pee go away.

On our older, 3.5 gallon commodes, we tried drilling a small hole in the
corner of the right angle plastic elbow that diverts water into the overflow
after the toilet is flushed, refilling the bowl. About half the water would
then go into the bowl and the rest just helped fill the tank faster.
However, with less water in the bowl, sometimes a big load didn't flush well
and a second flush was required, eliminating all that was saved in several
previous flushes.

A bucket in the bathroom would be useful for collecting the water one runs
in the shower waiting for hot water. This water could be used for flushing,
or watering the plants.
--
Lena

put "hotmail" in the subject line to get through the filters

Anthony Matonak
July 8th 03, 06:30 PM
Andy in Fink wrote:
> 1) It makes no sense to flush a toilet with potable water.

The expense of potable and non-potable water lines would far exceed the
cost of the potable water saved. If you really want to save the water
used to flush a toilet then simply replace the toilet with a composting
unit. They make a wide variety of them.

http://www.compostingtoilet.org/systems.cfm

Another alternative would be an incinerating toilet.

http://www.incinolet.com/
http://www.citizensafe.com/storgasintoi.html

> 2) It makes no sense to use 1.6 gallons of water to make one cup
> of pee go away.

They make waterless urinals and various designs for female urinals
have been tried over the years. I'm sure these designs could be
adapted into waterless varieties. Then again, composting toilets
are all waterless.

http://www.waterless.com/

On a more significant note, the greatest majority of water use in
the United States is for agriculture. They use anywhere from 60%
to 90%+ of the water in any particular area. Of the remaining water
that is used, the majority of that, well over 60%, is used for
manufacturing and industry. The remaining percent that actually is
used by residences is mostly used for irrigation, watering the lawn.
When you get right down to it, you could stop using water for all
bathing, cooking, toilets and everything else inside the home and
you wouldn't have made a dent in an areas water use.

Saving a couple of gallons seems pointless when they are wasting
millions of gallons 'just-over-there'. Why not start with the guys
who waste the millions of gallons first and then work your way down
to the 1.6 gallons used for toilets.

Anthony

Anthony Matonak
July 8th 03, 06:30 PM
Andy in Fink wrote:
> 1) It makes no sense to flush a toilet with potable water.

The expense of potable and non-potable water lines would far exceed the
cost of the potable water saved. If you really want to save the water
used to flush a toilet then simply replace the toilet with a composting
unit. They make a wide variety of them.

http://www.compostingtoilet.org/systems.cfm

Another alternative would be an incinerating toilet.

http://www.incinolet.com/
http://www.citizensafe.com/storgasintoi.html

> 2) It makes no sense to use 1.6 gallons of water to make one cup
> of pee go away.

They make waterless urinals and various designs for female urinals
have been tried over the years. I'm sure these designs could be
adapted into waterless varieties. Then again, composting toilets
are all waterless.

http://www.waterless.com/

On a more significant note, the greatest majority of water use in
the United States is for agriculture. They use anywhere from 60%
to 90%+ of the water in any particular area. Of the remaining water
that is used, the majority of that, well over 60%, is used for
manufacturing and industry. The remaining percent that actually is
used by residences is mostly used for irrigation, watering the lawn.
When you get right down to it, you could stop using water for all
bathing, cooking, toilets and everything else inside the home and
you wouldn't have made a dent in an areas water use.

Saving a couple of gallons seems pointless when they are wasting
millions of gallons 'just-over-there'. Why not start with the guys
who waste the millions of gallons first and then work your way down
to the 1.6 gallons used for toilets.

Anthony

Mieko
July 8th 03, 06:45 PM
In article >, "Andy in Fink" > wrote:
>2) It makes no sense to use 1.6 gallons of water to make one cup
> of pee go away. And that happens 5 or 6 times a day, for sure.
> I propose that bathrooms be outfitted with urinals in addition to
> toilets, since a urinal only requires a cup or two of water. I don't
> know of urinals available for females, but I think a design could be
> created for both genders.

I like the urinal idea - and it also solves the problem about leaving the
toilet seat up. No idea why it's not more popular.

I've always wondered why they can't figure out a way to use the water you wash
your hands with after using the toilet to fill up the toilet right after you
flush. I mean, here you are, seconds after flushing the toilet, washing your
hands with running water that's just going down the drain. Just redirect the
sink into the toilet tank and you'd be set. The toilet could still have a
filler of it's own if you don't use enough water to wash your hands with, but
it would either be very slow, or on a delay so it would have a chance to use
the graywater first. Seems like a good idea to me....

Mieko
July 8th 03, 06:45 PM
In article >, "Andy in Fink" > wrote:
>2) It makes no sense to use 1.6 gallons of water to make one cup
> of pee go away. And that happens 5 or 6 times a day, for sure.
> I propose that bathrooms be outfitted with urinals in addition to
> toilets, since a urinal only requires a cup or two of water. I don't
> know of urinals available for females, but I think a design could be
> created for both genders.

I like the urinal idea - and it also solves the problem about leaving the
toilet seat up. No idea why it's not more popular.

I've always wondered why they can't figure out a way to use the water you wash
your hands with after using the toilet to fill up the toilet right after you
flush. I mean, here you are, seconds after flushing the toilet, washing your
hands with running water that's just going down the drain. Just redirect the
sink into the toilet tank and you'd be set. The toilet could still have a
filler of it's own if you don't use enough water to wash your hands with, but
it would either be very slow, or on a delay so it would have a chance to use
the graywater first. Seems like a good idea to me....

Dennis
July 8th 03, 08:10 PM
On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 16:45:08 GMT, (Mieko) wrote:

>I like the urinal idea - and it also solves the problem about leaving the
>toilet seat up. No idea why it's not more popular.

Which problem is that?

>I've always wondered why they can't figure out a way to use the water you wash
>your hands with after using the toilet to fill up the toilet right after you
>flush. I mean, here you are, seconds after flushing the toilet, washing your
>hands with running water that's just going down the drain. Just redirect the
>sink into the toilet tank and you'd be set. The toilet could still have a
>filler of it's own if you don't use enough water to wash your hands with, but
>it would either be very slow, or on a delay so it would have a chance to use
>the graywater first. Seems like a good idea to me....

I've seen (in magazines), a replacement lid for the toilet tank that
incorporates a basin and a spigot. When you flush, the water first
runs through the spigot into the basin, allowing you to use the water
(cold only) to wash your hands. The basin then drains into the tank.

Seems like a good idea, but I've never actually seen one in a home.

the Dennis formerly known as (evil)

Dennis
July 8th 03, 08:10 PM
On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 16:45:08 GMT, (Mieko) wrote:

>I like the urinal idea - and it also solves the problem about leaving the
>toilet seat up. No idea why it's not more popular.

Which problem is that?

>I've always wondered why they can't figure out a way to use the water you wash
>your hands with after using the toilet to fill up the toilet right after you
>flush. I mean, here you are, seconds after flushing the toilet, washing your
>hands with running water that's just going down the drain. Just redirect the
>sink into the toilet tank and you'd be set. The toilet could still have a
>filler of it's own if you don't use enough water to wash your hands with, but
>it would either be very slow, or on a delay so it would have a chance to use
>the graywater first. Seems like a good idea to me....

I've seen (in magazines), a replacement lid for the toilet tank that
incorporates a basin and a spigot. When you flush, the water first
runs through the spigot into the basin, allowing you to use the water
(cold only) to wash your hands. The basin then drains into the tank.

Seems like a good idea, but I've never actually seen one in a home.

the Dennis formerly known as (evil)

Jon Bergstrom
July 8th 03, 08:12 PM
>Another alternative would be an incinerating toilet.
>
>http://www.incinolet.com/
>http://www.citizensafe.com/storgasintoi.html

Oh Boy! We had one 25 years ago, an if they have not been drastically
improved don't even think of it! Pooh, what an awful smell.
Jon

Jon Bergstrom
July 8th 03, 08:12 PM
>Another alternative would be an incinerating toilet.
>
>http://www.incinolet.com/
>http://www.citizensafe.com/storgasintoi.html

Oh Boy! We had one 25 years ago, an if they have not been drastically
improved don't even think of it! Pooh, what an awful smell.
Jon

Dennis
July 8th 03, 10:02 PM
On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 18:54:30 GMT, wrote:

(Mieko) wrote:

>>I like the urinal idea - and it also solves the problem about leaving the
>>toilet seat up. No idea why it's not more popular.
>
>Cuddle up to the bathroom sink. Notice the height of most sinks? Rinse and
>flush with the faucet when you are done. You wash your hands after using the
>****ter don't you? Which leaves the sink less sanitary? :-)

I don't know about your bathroom, but as a way of comparing, my sink
looks a whole lot more inviting for washing my face and brushing my
teeth than my toilet bowl. :-)

Dennis > wrote:

>I don't know about your bathroom, but as a way of comparing, my sink
>looks a whole lot more inviting for washing my face and brushing my
>teeth than my toilet bowl. :-)

Your dogs need to train you better. :-)

July 8th 03, 11:33 PM
Dennis > wrote:

>I don't know about your bathroom, but as a way of comparing, my sink
>looks a whole lot more inviting for washing my face and brushing my
>teeth than my toilet bowl. :-)

Your dogs need to train you better. :-)

Don K
July 9th 03, 12:15 AM
"Andy in Fink" > wrote in message
> A few days ago there was a very very long thread about 1.6 gallon
> toilets. Some work well, some don't, but everybody seems to agree
> that using less water is better. To that end, I have a few thoughts that
> might stimulate others........

An old-fashioned outhouse uses no water!

Don

Don K
July 9th 03, 12:15 AM
"Andy in Fink" > wrote in message
> A few days ago there was a very very long thread about 1.6 gallon
> toilets. Some work well, some don't, but everybody seems to agree
> that using less water is better. To that end, I have a few thoughts that
> might stimulate others........

An old-fashioned outhouse uses no water!

Don

Gene Wirchenko
July 9th 03, 05:10 AM
"Andy in Fink" > wrote:

[snip]

>2) It makes no sense to use 1.6 gallons of water to make one cup
> of pee go away. And that happens 5 or 6 times a day, for sure.
> I propose that bathrooms be outfitted with urinals in addition to
> toilets, since a urinal only requires a cup or two of water. I don't
> know of urinals available for females, but I think a design could be
> created for both genders.

Then, there is this link:
A Woman’s Guide on How to Pee Standing
<http://www.restrooms.org/standing.html>

[snip]

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko

Computerese Irregular Verb Conjugation:
I have preferences.
You have biases.
He/She has prejudices.

Gene Wirchenko
July 9th 03, 05:10 AM
"Andy in Fink" > wrote:

[snip]

>2) It makes no sense to use 1.6 gallons of water to make one cup
> of pee go away. And that happens 5 or 6 times a day, for sure.
> I propose that bathrooms be outfitted with urinals in addition to
> toilets, since a urinal only requires a cup or two of water. I don't
> know of urinals available for females, but I think a design could be
> created for both genders.

Then, there is this link:
A Woman’s Guide on How to Pee Standing
<http://www.restrooms.org/standing.html>

[snip]

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko

Computerese Irregular Verb Conjugation:
I have preferences.
You have biases.
He/She has prejudices.

Nina
July 9th 03, 07:33 AM
"Pat Meadows" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 09:54:58 -0400, Tom Swiss
> > wrote:
>

> >> 2) It makes no sense to use 1.6 gallons of water to make one cup
> >> of pee go away.
> >
> > In Japan, all toilets have a "small" and a "large" flush. I've seen
> >gizmo to make standard U.S. toilets do this, but it was expensive.
> >

> If you're really concerned about saving that much water,
> you can just not flush every time you pee, but only every
> couple of times.

I'm always careful about bending over in the downstairs bathroom, as the
boys seem to flush only if the toilet reeks.
I dont flush at night when I pee, but I do int he day JUST in case someone
visits.

Nina
July 9th 03, 07:33 AM
"Pat Meadows" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 09:54:58 -0400, Tom Swiss
> > wrote:
>

> >> 2) It makes no sense to use 1.6 gallons of water to make one cup
> >> of pee go away.
> >
> > In Japan, all toilets have a "small" and a "large" flush. I've seen
> >gizmo to make standard U.S. toilets do this, but it was expensive.
> >

> If you're really concerned about saving that much water,
> you can just not flush every time you pee, but only every
> couple of times.

I'm always careful about bending over in the downstairs bathroom, as the
boys seem to flush only if the toilet reeks.
I dont flush at night when I pee, but I do int he day JUST in case someone
visits.

Nina
July 9th 03, 07:38 AM
"Anthony Matonak" > wrote
> Saving a couple of gallons seems pointless when they are wasting
> millions of gallons 'just-over-there'. Why not start with the guys
> who waste the millions of gallons first and then work your way down
> to the 1.6 gallons used for toilets.

He may be concerned about HIS water bill and not the world in general.

Nina
July 9th 03, 07:38 AM
"Anthony Matonak" > wrote
> Saving a couple of gallons seems pointless when they are wasting
> millions of gallons 'just-over-there'. Why not start with the guys
> who waste the millions of gallons first and then work your way down
> to the 1.6 gallons used for toilets.

He may be concerned about HIS water bill and not the world in general.

Anthony Matonak
July 9th 03, 08:28 AM
Nina wrote:
> "Anthony Matonak" > wrote
>
>>Saving a couple of gallons seems pointless when they are wasting
>>millions of gallons 'just-over-there'. Why not start with the guys
>>who waste the millions of gallons first and then work your way down
>>to the 1.6 gallons used for toilets.
>>

> He may be concerned about HIS water bill and not the world in general.

In that case my order of recommendations would be the following.

a) Stop watering the lawn, washing the car, sweeping the sidewalk with
the hose and such things. There is a concept called xeriscaping which
uses native plants that do not require additional irrigation.

http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/extension/xeriscape/xeriscape.html
http://ag.arizona.edu/gardening/xeriscaping

b) Install graywater irrigation. This directs used water from washing
dishes, laundry, showers and sinks to irrigate the landscape. Care must
be taken to use biodegradable cleaners but this is a minor detail.

c) Install water saving clothes washers, low flow shower heads and the
previously mentioned composting toilet(s). You won't save a huge amount
of water this way but some of these are inexpensive items.

d) Install a large cistern and collect rainwater from the roof for what
irrigation is desired. This may require changes to the roof if it is
made of a material which is toxic such as tar. It is possible to use
this water for flushing toilets or (suitably filtered, treated, etc.) as
a source of potable water but one has to be very careful doing this.

Anthony

Anthony Matonak
July 9th 03, 08:28 AM
Nina wrote:
> "Anthony Matonak" > wrote
>
>>Saving a couple of gallons seems pointless when they are wasting
>>millions of gallons 'just-over-there'. Why not start with the guys
>>who waste the millions of gallons first and then work your way down
>>to the 1.6 gallons used for toilets.
>>

> He may be concerned about HIS water bill and not the world in general.

In that case my order of recommendations would be the following.

a) Stop watering the lawn, washing the car, sweeping the sidewalk with
the hose and such things. There is a concept called xeriscaping which
uses native plants that do not require additional irrigation.

http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/extension/xeriscape/xeriscape.html
http://ag.arizona.edu/gardening/xeriscaping

b) Install graywater irrigation. This directs used water from washing
dishes, laundry, showers and sinks to irrigate the landscape. Care must
be taken to use biodegradable cleaners but this is a minor detail.

c) Install water saving clothes washers, low flow shower heads and the
previously mentioned composting toilet(s). You won't save a huge amount
of water this way but some of these are inexpensive items.

d) Install a large cistern and collect rainwater from the roof for what
irrigation is desired. This may require changes to the roof if it is
made of a material which is toxic such as tar. It is possible to use
this water for flushing toilets or (suitably filtered, treated, etc.) as
a source of potable water but one has to be very careful doing this.

Anthony

drifter
July 9th 03, 12:44 PM
Use and installation of a urinal is very simple, of course. Understand
that, contrary to popular belief, the urinal must be fluhsed everytime
to help slow calcium buiild up in urinals and to keep the odour down.
But on the bright there is no spray or miss problem assoicated with the
toilet. They are probably not popular in a domestic setting because
bathrooms are considered too small regardless of their size, most women
probably have no concept of how great they are and since most men
probably don't clean the bathrooms, they don't realize that urinals
contribute to a cleaner bathroom with less upkeep.

Mieko wrote:

> In article >, "Andy in Fink" > wrote:
> >2) It makes no sense to use 1.6 gallons of water to make one cup
> > of pee go away. And that happens 5 or 6 times a day, for sure.
> > I propose that bathrooms be outfitted with urinals in addition to
> > toilets, since a urinal only requires a cup or two of water. I don't
> > know of urinals available for females, but I think a design could be
> > created for both genders.
>
> I like the urinal idea - and it also solves the problem about leaving the
> toilet seat up. No idea why it's not more popular.
>
> I've always wondered why they can't figure out a way to use the water you wash
> your hands with after using the toilet to fill up the toilet right after you
> flush. I mean, here you are, seconds after flushing the toilet, washing your
> hands with running water that's just going down the drain. Just redirect the
> sink into the toilet tank and you'd be set. The toilet could still have a
> filler of it's own if you don't use enough water to wash your hands with, but
> it would either be very slow, or on a delay so it would have a chance to use
> the graywater first. Seems like a good idea to me....

drifter
July 9th 03, 12:48 PM
This post reminds me of being in a foreign country in a very cheap
hotel. The toilet was so dirty, no.2 was out of the question and no. 1
was on accomplished in the sink.

wrote:

> (Mieko) wrote:
>
> >I like the urinal idea - and it also solves the problem about leaving the
> >toilet seat up. No idea why it's not more popular.
>
> Cuddle up to the bathroom sink. Notice the height of most sinks? Rinse and
> flush with the faucet when you are done. You wash your hands after using the
> ****ter don't you? Which leaves the sink less sanitary? :-)

drifter
July 9th 03, 12:52 PM
That is an interesting question about outhouses? We had no running
water and used an outhouse until 1962 (in a small town). I now live in
the city, but I suppose you would have to be a master of disguise if you
wanted to build and use an outhouse without complaints from your
neighbours.

Don K wrote:

> "Andy in Fink" > wrote in message
> > A few days ago there was a very very long thread about 1.6 gallon
> > toilets. Some work well, some don't, but everybody seems to agree
> > that using less water is better. To that end, I have a few thoughts that
> > might stimulate others........
>
> An old-fashioned outhouse uses no water!
>
> Don

Dennis
July 9th 03, 05:49 PM
On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 10:44:34 GMT, drifter > wrote:

>Use and installation of a urinal is very simple, of course.

Who needs a urinal if you have a window in the bathroom?

The Real Bev > wrote:

>Dennis wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 10:44:34 GMT, drifter > wrote:
>>
>> >Use and installation of a urinal is very simple, of course.
>>
>> Who needs a urinal if you have a window in the bathroom?
>
>...or a back yard?

....or a litter pan if someone else changes the litter?

July 9th 03, 11:33 PM
The Real Bev > wrote:

>Dennis wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 10:44:34 GMT, drifter > wrote:
>>
>> >Use and installation of a urinal is very simple, of course.
>>
>> Who needs a urinal if you have a window in the bathroom?
>
>...or a back yard?

....or a litter pan if someone else changes the litter?

The Real Bev

> The Real Bev > wrote:

> >> Who needs a urinal if you have a window in the bathroom?
> >
> >...or a back yard?
>
> ...or a litter pan if someone else changes the litter?

You win. In some cases, though, a litter barrel might be handier,
especially with a seat.

--
Cheers,
Bev

The Real Bev

> The Real Bev > wrote:

> >> Who needs a urinal if you have a window in the bathroom?
> >
> >...or a back yard?
>
> ...or a litter pan if someone else changes the litter?

You win. In some cases, though, a litter barrel might be handier,
especially with a seat.

--
Cheers,
Bev
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The Marketing Professional's Motto: "We don't screw the customers. All
we're doing is holding them down while the salespeople screw them."
-- Scott Adams

July 10th 03, 05:46 AM
The Real Bev > wrote:

wrote:

>> The Real Bev > wrote:

>> >...or a back yard?
>>
>> ...or a litter pan if someone else changes the litter?
>
>You win. In some cases, though, a litter barrel might be handier,
>especially with a seat.

Part of the fun is impressing the hell out of the cat... :-)

July 10th 03, 05:46 AM
The Real Bev > wrote:

wrote:

>> The Real Bev > wrote:

>> >...or a back yard?
>>
>> ...or a litter pan if someone else changes the litter?
>
>You win. In some cases, though, a litter barrel might be handier,
>especially with a seat.

Part of the fun is impressing the hell out of the cat... :-)

Joyce
July 11th 03, 04:11 AM

wrote:

>>> ...or a litter pan if someone else changes the litter?
>>
>>You win. In some cases, though, a litter barrel might be handier,
>>especially with a seat.
>
>Part of the fun is impressing the hell out of the cat... :-)

ROFLMAO Harry, you are so warped. I love it!
Joyce

wrote:

>>> ...or a litter pan if someone else changes the litter?
>>
>>You win. In some cases, though, a litter barrel might be handier,
>>especially with a seat.
>
>Part of the fun is impressing the hell out of the cat... :-)

ROFLMAO Harry, you are so warped. I love it!
Joyce

July 31st 03, 07:59 AM
and I thought it was impressive that the cat uses and flushes the potty :)

wrote:

> >>You win. In some cases, though, a litter barrel might be handier,
> >>especially with a seat.
> >
> >Part of the fun is impressing the hell out of the cat... :-)
> >
> ROFLMAO Harry, you are so warped. I love it!
> Joyce

Google