PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest hosting for a one page web site with your own domain name?

dnrg
July 8th 03, 03:04 PM
Godaddy.com offers hosting on a one page web site for $14.95 a year,
including your own domain name. Are there any other hosting providers
I should look at for hosting a one page web site with my own domain
name? Is anyone less expensive than $14.95/year?

Thanks very much.

- Dana

Anna
July 8th 03, 09:43 PM
Check out Budget Web Hosting Reviews to find good, inexpensive hosts:
http://www.SterlingReport.com/business/domains-hosting.html

That's a pretty good price, but I think that you may find you'll very
soon want more than one page for your website. GoDaddy is not the
best price if you want more than one page.

Good luck!

-Anna

(dnrg) wrote in message >...
> Godaddy.com offers hosting on a one page web site for $14.95 a year,
> including your own domain name. Are there any other hosting providers
> I should look at for hosting a one page web site with my own domain
> name? Is anyone less expensive than $14.95/year.
> http://www.znews.com/business/domains-hosting.html
> Thanks very much.
>
> - Dana

SLOGIC
July 8th 03, 10:06 PM
Sophisticated Logic, Inc. hosts web site for $9.95 per month, with no
set-up fee, 5 email addresses. One year contract is required.
You can have many web pages, limited only by disk space you get with
the package. Fast and reliable hosting....ask them about it.

contact : send email to address minus
<REMOVEME> text to avoid spamming...

(dnrg) wrote in message >...
> Godaddy.com offers hosting on a one page web site for $14.95 a year,
> including your own domain name. Are there any other hosting providers
> I should look at for hosting a one page web site with my own domain
> name? Is anyone less expensive than $14.95/year?
>
> Thanks very much.
>
> - Dana

www.yardsalequeen.com
July 8th 03, 10:51 PM
take a look at www.onestop.net

right now it looks like they are running a special:
Now, Get your domains for FREE! That's right, order any pay yearly
hosting plan starting from just $6.95/month and a 1-year domain
registration (or transfer) is included FREE of charge.

www.yardsalequeen.com
July 8th 03, 10:51 PM
take a look at www.onestop.net

right now it looks like they are running a special:
Now, Get your domains for FREE! That's right, order any pay yearly
hosting plan starting from just $6.95/month and a 1-year domain
registration (or transfer) is included FREE of charge.

TomTom
July 9th 03, 12:03 AM
How about free?

You can host your page at a free place like Brinkster.com and then use
MyDomain.com to point your domain to your free page. Sign up for a
free account at MyDomain.com and when you register your domain at
GoDaddy.com you'll use MyDomain.com's DNS servers which you can find
on the MyDomain.com site when you sign up. Then once your domain is
registered with GoDaddy.com you can add it to your MyDomain.com
account and you'll be able to set up domain forwarding which will let
you send www.yourdomain.com to www.brinkster.com/~yourfreeacct/ and
you can also have it forward it in stealth mode so that nobody will
know you are using free hosting because www.yourdomain.com will stay
in the browser address bar.

-Tom

(dnrg) wrote in message >...
> Godaddy.com offers hosting on a one page web site for $14.95 a year,
> including your own domain name. Are there any other hosting providers
> I should look at for hosting a one page web site with my own domain
> name? Is anyone less expensive than $14.95/year?
>
> Thanks very much.
>
> - Dana

Joe
July 9th 03, 02:57 AM
Godaddy also buys domain names you search on their site 2 weeks after you
search for their availability if you don't snatch them up...

At least they did that to me on 6 domains I was considering.

Regards,
Joe - VROC #8013 - '86 VN750 - joe @ yunx .com - 973.571.1456 24/7

Ask me about "The Ride" on July 26: http://www.youthelate.com/the_ride.htm

$0.03 bargain: http://tinyurl.com/9sz6

"dnrg" > wrote in message
om...
> Godaddy.com offers hosting on a one page web site for $14.95 a year,
> including your own domain name. Are there any other hosting providers
> I should look at for hosting a one page web site with my own domain
> name? Is anyone less expensive than $14.95/year?
>
> Thanks very much.
>
> - Dana

Joe
July 9th 03, 02:57 AM
Godaddy also buys domain names you search on their site 2 weeks after you
search for their availability if you don't snatch them up...

At least they did that to me on 6 domains I was considering.

Regards,
Joe - VROC #8013 - '86 VN750 - joe @ yunx .com - 973.571.1456 24/7

Ask me about "The Ride" on July 26: http://www.youthelate.com/the_ride.htm

$0.03 bargain: http://tinyurl.com/9sz6

"dnrg" > wrote in message
om...
> Godaddy.com offers hosting on a one page web site for $14.95 a year,
> including your own domain name. Are there any other hosting providers
> I should look at for hosting a one page web site with my own domain
> name? Is anyone less expensive than $14.95/year?
>
> Thanks very much.
>
> - Dana

Joe
July 9th 03, 03:04 AM
Fill in the "xxxx" and forward to me privately. The charity I work with can
probably do it cheaper than most... Suggested amounts are to the right of
the "xxxx" and for demonstration purposes only.

- web space needed - xxxx (50 MB)
- bandwidth - xxxx (10 GB)
- email accounts - xxxx (2)
- maillists - xxxx (4)
- mysql databases - xxxx (1)
- subdomains - xxxx (10)
- ftp accounts - xxxx (1)
- additional or specific needs - xxxx (anything else you want?)

"Joe" <joe @ yunx . com> wrote in message
> Godaddy also buys domain names you search on their site 2 weeks after you
> search for their availability if you don't snatch them up...
>
> At least they did that to me on 6 domains I was considering.
>
> Regards,
> Joe - VROC #8013 - '86 VN750 - joe @ yunx .com - 973.571.1456 24/7
>
> Ask me about "The Ride" on July 26:
http://www.youthelate.com/the_ride.htm

> $0.03 bargain: http://tinyurl.com/9sz6
>

> "dnrg" > wrote in message
> om...
> > Godaddy.com offers hosting on a one page web site for $14.95 a year,
> > including your own domain name. Are there any other hosting providers
> > I should look at for hosting a one page web site with my own domain
> > name? Is anyone less expensive than $14.95/year?
> >
> > Thanks very much.
> >
> > - Dana
>

> ---

Joe
July 9th 03, 03:04 AM
Fill in the "xxxx" and forward to me privately. The charity I work with can
probably do it cheaper than most... Suggested amounts are to the right of
the "xxxx" and for demonstration purposes only.

- web space needed - xxxx (50 MB)
- bandwidth - xxxx (10 GB)
- email accounts - xxxx (2)
- maillists - xxxx (4)
- mysql databases - xxxx (1)
- subdomains - xxxx (10)
- ftp accounts - xxxx (1)
- additional or specific needs - xxxx (anything else you want?)

Regards,
Joe - VROC #8013 - '86 VN750 - joe @ yunx .com - 973.571.1456 24/7

Ask me about "The Ride" on July 26: http://www.youthelate.com/the_ride.htm

$0.03 bargain: http://tinyurl.com/9sz6

"Joe" <joe @ yunx . com> wrote in message
> Godaddy also buys domain names you search on their site 2 weeks after you
> search for their availability if you don't snatch them up...
>
> At least they did that to me on 6 domains I was considering.
>
> Regards,
> Joe - VROC #8013 - '86 VN750 - joe @ yunx .com - 973.571.1456 24/7
>
> Ask me about "The Ride" on July 26:
http://www.youthelate.com/the_ride.htm

> $0.03 bargain: http://tinyurl.com/9sz6
>

> "dnrg" > wrote in message
> om...
> > Godaddy.com offers hosting on a one page web site for $14.95 a year,
> > including your own domain name. Are there any other hosting providers
> > I should look at for hosting a one page web site with my own domain
> > name? Is anyone less expensive than $14.95/year?
> >
> > Thanks very much.
> >
> > - Dana
>

> ---

dnrg
July 9th 03, 04:04 PM
(Anna) wrote in message >...
> Check out Budget Web Hosting Reviews to find good, inexpensive hosts:
> http://www.SterlingReport.com/business/domains-hosting.html
>
> That's a pretty good price, but I think that you may find you'll very
> soon want more than one page for your website. GoDaddy is not the
> best price if you want more than one page.

Thank you. For this specific application, all I require is one page
and one page only. Forever. So I am, in fact, looking for the lowest
price on a one page web site that allows me to use my own domain name.

Thanks to the poster who suggested a free site + mydomains.com.

- Dana

dnrg
July 9th 03, 04:04 PM
(Anna) wrote in message >...
> Check out Budget Web Hosting Reviews to find good, inexpensive hosts:
> http://www.SterlingReport.com/business/domains-hosting.html
>
> That's a pretty good price, but I think that you may find you'll very
> soon want more than one page for your website. GoDaddy is not the
> best price if you want more than one page.

Thank you. For this specific application, all I require is one page
and one page only. Forever. So I am, in fact, looking for the lowest
price on a one page web site that allows me to use my own domain name.

Thanks to the poster who suggested a free site + mydomains.com.

- Dana

Google