PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Pail Covers

Joyce
July 9th 03, 04:57 PM
Someone, I think it was Pat, posted a URL for buying plastic pails
and covers. I've misplaced it, and the companies I found all require
large orders. Does anyone still have it? I need to keep some things
out of the reach of these feline marauders. I bought a large bag of
cat toys for the kitties at the shelter, and someone got into them
this morning and distributed them to all their pals. Between the cats
and the Pit bull who is on Prozac, I really need some secure
containers.
Thanks,
Joyce

SlinkyToy
July 9th 03, 05:18 PM
I don't have it handy, but if you google the group for my thread on space
taken by bulk wheat I believe you'll find hte URL you want somewhere in that
thread.

"Joyce" > wrote in message

> Someone, I think it was Pat, posted a URL for buying plastic pails
> and covers. I've misplaced it, and the companies I found all require
> large orders. Does anyone still have it? I need to keep some things
> out of the reach of these feline marauders. I bought a large bag of
> cat toys for the kitties at the shelter, and someone got into them
> this morning and distributed them to all their pals. Between the cats
> and the Pit bull who is on Prozac, I really need some secure
> containers.
> Thanks,
> Joyce

July 9th 03, 05:32 PM
Joyce > wrote:

>Someone, I think it was Pat, posted a URL for buying plastic pails
>and covers. I've misplaced it, and the companies I found all require
>large orders. Does anyone still have it? I need to keep some things
>out of the reach of these feline marauders. I bought a large bag of
>cat toys for the kitties at the shelter, and someone got into them
>this morning and distributed them to all their pals. Between the cats
>and the Pit bull who is on Prozac, I really need some secure
>containers.
>Thanks,
>Joyce

Home Despot has them in the paint section.

July 9th 03, 05:32 PM
Joyce > wrote:

>Someone, I think it was Pat, posted a URL for buying plastic pails
>and covers. I've misplaced it, and the companies I found all require
>large orders. Does anyone still have it? I need to keep some things
>out of the reach of these feline marauders. I bought a large bag of
>cat toys for the kitties at the shelter, and someone got into them
>this morning and distributed them to all their pals. Between the cats
>and the Pit bull who is on Prozac, I really need some secure
>containers.
>Thanks,
>Joyce

Home Despot has them in the paint section.

Joyce
July 9th 03, 05:56 PM
On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 15:32:52 GMT, wrote:

>Joyce > wrote:
>

>>Someone, I think it was Pat, posted a URL for buying plastic pails
>>and covers. I've misplaced it, and the companies I found all require
>>large orders. Does anyone still have it? I need to keep some things
>>out of the reach of these feline marauders. I bought a large bag of
>>cat toys for the kitties at the shelter, and someone got into them
>>this morning and distributed them to all their pals. Between the cats
>>and the Pit bull who is on Prozac, I really need some secure
>>containers.
>>Thanks,
>>Joyce
>
>Home Despot has them in the paint section.

With the screw-on lids?
Joyce

Joyce
July 9th 03, 05:56 PM
On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 15:32:52 GMT, wrote:

>Joyce > wrote:
>

>>Someone, I think it was Pat, posted a URL for buying plastic pails
>>and covers. I've misplaced it, and the companies I found all require
>>large orders. Does anyone still have it? I need to keep some things
>>out of the reach of these feline marauders. I bought a large bag of
>>cat toys for the kitties at the shelter, and someone got into them
>>this morning and distributed them to all their pals. Between the cats
>>and the Pit bull who is on Prozac, I really need some secure
>>containers.
>>Thanks,
>>Joyce
>
>Home Despot has them in the paint section.

With the screw-on lids?
Joyce

Joyce
July 9th 03, 06:20 PM
On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 11:35:56 -0400, Pat Meadows >
wrote:

>I have it.
>
>http://www.usplastic.com
>
>Good outfit, they sell a lot of useful containers and most
>of them are food-safe. If they don't indicate whether or
>not something is food-safe, you can email and ask.
>
>I bought a bunch of the clear plastic, square, pinch-back
>jars - most 64 oz, some 32 oz. These are VERY useful for
>smaller quantities. I also bought 5 gallon buckets and
>Gamma lids from them.
>
>If you're buying a 5-gallon pail, and you'll need to be
>opening and closing it frequently, the gamma lids are VERY
>good for this: part of the lid stays on the bucket, and
>part of it spins on and off.
>
>Pat

Thanks, Pat. That's what I was looking for. Catalogs like that make
my heart beat fast!

wrote:

>I have it.
>
>http://www.usplastic.com
>
>Good outfit, they sell a lot of useful containers and most
>of them are food-safe. If they don't indicate whether or
>not something is food-safe, you can email and ask.
>
>I bought a bunch of the clear plastic, square, pinch-back
>jars - most 64 oz, some 32 oz. These are VERY useful for
>smaller quantities. I also bought 5 gallon buckets and
>Gamma lids from them.
>
>If you're buying a 5-gallon pail, and you'll need to be
>opening and closing it frequently, the gamma lids are VERY
>good for this: part of the lid stays on the bucket, and
>part of it spins on and off.
>
>Pat

Thanks, Pat. That's what I was looking for. Catalogs like that make
my heart beat fast!
Joyce

July 9th 03, 07:12 PM
Joyce > wrote:

>On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 15:32:52 GMT, wrote:
>
>>Joyce > wrote:
>>

>>>Someone, I think it was Pat, posted a URL for buying plastic pails
>>>and covers. I've misplaced it, and the companies I found all require
>>>large orders. Does anyone still have it? I need to keep some things
>>>out of the reach of these feline marauders. I bought a large bag of
>>>cat toys for the kitties at the shelter, and someone got into them
>>>this morning and distributed them to all their pals. Between the cats
>>>and the Pit bull who is on Prozac, I really need some secure
>>>containers.
>>>Thanks,
>>>Joyce
>>
>>Home Despot has them in the paint section.
>
>With the screw-on lids?
>Joyce

I don't think so. All I saw were the standard 5 gal style.

July 9th 03, 07:12 PM
Joyce > wrote:

>On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 15:32:52 GMT, wrote:
>
>>Joyce > wrote:
>>

>>>Someone, I think it was Pat, posted a URL for buying plastic pails
>>>and covers. I've misplaced it, and the companies I found all require
>>>large orders. Does anyone still have it? I need to keep some things
>>>out of the reach of these feline marauders. I bought a large bag of
>>>cat toys for the kitties at the shelter, and someone got into them
>>>this morning and distributed them to all their pals. Between the cats
>>>and the Pit bull who is on Prozac, I really need some secure
>>>containers.
>>>Thanks,
>>>Joyce
>>
>>Home Despot has them in the paint section.
>
>With the screw-on lids?
>Joyce

I don't think so. All I saw were the standard 5 gal style.

Joyce
July 9th 03, 07:36 PM
On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 17:12:06 GMT, wrote:

>Joyce > wrote:

>>>Home Despot has them in the paint section.
>>
>>With the screw-on lids?
>>Joyce
>
>I don't think so. All I saw were the standard 5 gal style.

Thanks, Harry, but the pit bull can open those. She likes to eat the
$30. cat food. :)

Joyce

Joyce
July 9th 03, 07:36 PM
On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 17:12:06 GMT, wrote:

>Joyce > wrote:

>>>Home Despot has them in the paint section.
>>
>>With the screw-on lids?
>>Joyce
>
>I don't think so. All I saw were the standard 5 gal style.

Thanks, Harry, but the pit bull can open those. She likes to eat the
$30. cat food. :)

Joyce

Don K
July 10th 03, 12:41 AM
"Joyce" > wrote in message

> >>With the screw-on lids?
> >>Joyce
> >
> >I don't think so. All I saw were the standard 5 gal style.
>
> Thanks, Harry, but the pit bull can open those. She likes to eat the
> $30. cat food. :)

You have to pry the lids off the 5 gallon pails I bought at Home Depot
back when it was still Hechinger's locally. It has a nice O-ring seal
too. I keep 40 pounds of dry dog food in two of them.

Does the pit bull have a pair of opposing thumbs on his front paws?

Don

Don K
July 10th 03, 12:41 AM
"Joyce" > wrote in message

> >>With the screw-on lids?
> >>Joyce
> >
> >I don't think so. All I saw were the standard 5 gal style.
>
> Thanks, Harry, but the pit bull can open those. She likes to eat the
> $30. cat food. :)

You have to pry the lids off the 5 gallon pails I bought at Home Depot
back when it was still Hechinger's locally. It has a nice O-ring seal
too. I keep 40 pounds of dry dog food in two of them.

Does the pit bull have a pair of opposing thumbs on his front paws?

Don

Joyce
July 10th 03, 02:42 AM
On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 18:41:35 -0400, "Don K" >
wrote:

>> >I don't think so. All I saw were the standard 5 gal style.
>>
>> Thanks, Harry, but the pit bull can open those. She likes to eat the
>> $30. cat food. :)
>
>You have to pry the lids off the 5 gallon pails I bought at Home Depot
>back when it was still Hechinger's locally. It has a nice O-ring seal
>too. I keep 40 pounds of dry dog food in two of them.
>
>Does the pit bull have a pair of opposing thumbs on his front paws?
>
>Don

Not that I know of, but she can open things that you would think she
could. She was able to get out of a dog crate that had 4 padlocks on
the door. She got my medicine out of a tin canister that was in a top
cupboard. When I saw the chewed up pill bottles and had $500. worth
of meds strewn around the floor I almost plotzed right there. And
when I realized that my "mother's helpers were among them, I threw
myself on the floor, arthritic knees and all, and gathered them up.
Luckily, my insurance provider replaced them all, but said that was
the last time they would. Then there was the time I closed her in my
bedroom and she removed the door. It was a hollow core, so she just
peeled the luan off each side. She's on Prozac now, so she's a little
better.

If they are that strong, I'll give them a try for stuff that I don't
need to get to every day. I do want to order some of the screw-on lids
too though.

wrote:

>> >I don't think so. All I saw were the standard 5 gal style.
>>
>> Thanks, Harry, but the pit bull can open those. She likes to eat the
>> $30. cat food. :)
>
>You have to pry the lids off the 5 gallon pails I bought at Home Depot
>back when it was still Hechinger's locally. It has a nice O-ring seal
>too. I keep 40 pounds of dry dog food in two of them.
>
>Does the pit bull have a pair of opposing thumbs on his front paws?
>
>Don

Not that I know of, but she can open things that you would think she
could. She was able to get out of a dog crate that had 4 padlocks on
the door. She got my medicine out of a tin canister that was in a top
cupboard. When I saw the chewed up pill bottles and had $500. worth
of meds strewn around the floor I almost plotzed right there. And
when I realized that my "mother's helpers were among them, I threw
myself on the floor, arthritic knees and all, and gathered them up.
Luckily, my insurance provider replaced them all, but said that was
the last time they would. Then there was the time I closed her in my
bedroom and she removed the door. It was a hollow core, so she just
peeled the luan off each side. She's on Prozac now, so she's a little
better.

If they are that strong, I'll give them a try for stuff that I don't
need to get to every day. I do want to order some of the screw-on lids
too though.
Joyce

Google