PDA

View Full Version : Looking for frugal check supplier

Frugal Joe
July 10th 03, 03:50 AM
Hello

I recently moved from one apartment to another and need new checks that
will reflect my new address. My bank wants me to pay upwards of $15 for new
checks.

I was wondering if anyone has had their checks printed from companies other
than their banks and could make a recommendation.

Thanks.

Karen Wheless
July 10th 03, 04:00 AM
> I was wondering if anyone has had their checks printed from companies other
> than their banks and could make a recommendation.

I've used Current and Checks in the Mail. I've never had a problem with
either one - they're much cheaper and I've never had a problem using the
checks at stores or for bills, although I rarely use checks at stores
these days. Pick whichever one is cheaper, or has a design you like.

Karen

Karen Wheless
July 10th 03, 04:00 AM
> I was wondering if anyone has had their checks printed from companies other
> than their banks and could make a recommendation.

I've used Current and Checks in the Mail. I've never had a problem with
either one - they're much cheaper and I've never had a problem using the
checks at stores or for bills, although I rarely use checks at stores
these days. Pick whichever one is cheaper, or has a design you like.

Karen

July 10th 03, 04:24 AM
"Karen Wheless" > wrote in message
news:1fxunly.1xq2mq01v3dlisN%[email protected] .net...
> > I was wondering if anyone has had their checks printed from companies
other
> > than their banks and could make a recommendation.
>
> I've used Current and Checks in the Mail. I've never had a problem with
> either one - they're much cheaper and I've never had a problem using the
> checks at stores or for bills, although I rarely use checks at stores
> these days. Pick whichever one is cheaper, or has a design you like.
>
> Karen

I recently re-ordered from one of those companies (from Arkansas) using the
form they put in everybody's Sunday newspapers. I sent 'em the $$$, they
sent me the checks. A week later they sent me a letter, saying I owed 'em
another $15 or so, because it was a re-order.
I ain't sending it, 'cause there wasn't anything about it on the order form
I sent in, and I didn't see anything about the extra charge anywhere else .
.. . probably gonna have to file a complaint with the State Atty General
office . . .
So . . . order from anyone, re-order from someone else to avoid problems
like this. Just another of life's petty problems . . .
--Tock

July 10th 03, 04:24 AM
"Karen Wheless" > wrote in message
news:1fxunly.1xq2mq01v3dlisN%[email protected] .net...
> > I was wondering if anyone has had their checks printed from companies
other
> > than their banks and could make a recommendation.
>
> I've used Current and Checks in the Mail. I've never had a problem with
> either one - they're much cheaper and I've never had a problem using the
> checks at stores or for bills, although I rarely use checks at stores
> these days. Pick whichever one is cheaper, or has a design you like.
>
> Karen

I recently re-ordered from one of those companies (from Arkansas) using the
form they put in everybody's Sunday newspapers. I sent 'em the $$$, they
sent me the checks. A week later they sent me a letter, saying I owed 'em
another $15 or so, because it was a re-order.
I ain't sending it, 'cause there wasn't anything about it on the order form
I sent in, and I didn't see anything about the extra charge anywhere else .
.. . probably gonna have to file a complaint with the State Atty General
office . . .
So . . . order from anyone, re-order from someone else to avoid problems
like this. Just another of life's petty problems . . .
--Tock

drifter
July 10th 03, 06:24 AM
You can have your checks printed anywhere you like. Search the yellow
pages. You may also be able to use good paper and photocopy checks.
Banks don't require that the check numbers be the same or different.
All other information must be correct, of course.

And a big lesson to be learned is never, ever put your address on the
check. My method is to only put the banks phone number on the check.
The bank used to object but then I would say I can have my checks
printed anywhere, they agreed, but I have chosen you. If you don't want
the business, I will take it elsewhere. The bank would say okay and
tell me not to tell anybody else. The bank, like you, may ask why I
wnated their phone number on the check. My answer was simple. I don't
right bad checks. It is a criminal offence and if I am guilty or commit
a criminal offence I lose my job. So if there is a problem with a check
there is no reason to have my phone number on the check because only the
bank can solve the problem. Secondly, I don't want my number public.
Since the check has my name and a phone number, my drivers licence and
other ID with a match so never a problem. When asked if this was my
current phone number or my phone number, I would always reply. That is
the correct phone number. If there is a problem with the check, that is
the number to call. It has worked for over 30 years. Never a
problem.
Also you can move a hundred times, and never ever have to throw away a
check.

Frugal Joe wrote:

> Hello
>
> I recently moved from one apartment to another and need new checks that
> will reflect my new address. My bank wants me to pay upwards of $15 for new
> checks.
>
> I was wondering if anyone has had their checks printed from companies other
> than their banks and could make a recommendation.
>
> Thanks.

Gary
July 10th 03, 02:49 PM
Find a bank that doesnt charge for checks. I have never paid for
checks.
Stop using checks, Most banks offer debit cards and many offer web
payment banking options. Again many with no fees.

Frugal Joe > wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Hello
>
> I recently moved from one apartment to another and need new checks that
> will reflect my new address. My bank wants me to pay upwards of $15 for new
> checks.

Gary
July 10th 03, 02:49 PM
Find a bank that doesnt charge for checks. I have never paid for
checks.
Stop using checks, Most banks offer debit cards and many offer web
payment banking options. Again many with no fees.

Frugal Joe > wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Hello
>
> I recently moved from one apartment to another and need new checks that
> will reflect my new address. My bank wants me to pay upwards of $15 for new
> checks.

Gary
July 10th 03, 02:51 PM
This will work for paying bills that are mailed but most places around
me will not take checks without a current address printed on the
check.

drifter > wrote in message >.
> And a big lesson to be learned is never, ever put your address on the
> check. My method is to only put the banks phone number on the check.
> The bank used to object but then I would say I can have my checks
> printed anywhere, they agreed, but I have chosen you. If you don't want
> the business, I will take it elsewhere. The bank would say okay and
> tell me not to tell anybody else.

Albert Wagner
July 10th 03, 08:21 PM
On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 19:50:13 -0400
Me > wrote:
<snip>
> Use up your old checks. There's no reason to avoid using your old
> checks just because your home address changed. The only thing that's
> important is the routing information on the bottom of each check and
> the information you fill in on each check.

Don't forget to lie when the clerk asks, "Is this your correct address?"

Me > wrote:
<snip>
> Use up your old checks. There's no reason to avoid using your old
> checks just because your home address changed. The only thing that's
> important is the routing information on the bottom of each check and
> the information you fill in on each check.

Don't forget to lie when the clerk asks, "Is this your correct address?"

Me
July 11th 03, 01:50 AM

Frugal Joe > wrote:

> Hello
>
> I recently moved from one apartment to another and need new checks that
> will reflect my new address. My bank wants me to pay upwards of $15 for new
> checks.
>
> I was wondering if anyone has had their checks printed from companies other
> than their banks and could make a recommendation.

Use up your old checks. There's no reason to avoid using your old checks
just because your home address changed. The only thing that's important
is the routing information on the bottom of each check and the
information you fill in on each check.

Google