PDA

View Full Version : Internet Answering Machine NO LONGER FREE

Darold Lowe
July 10th 03, 02:04 PM
For the past several years I have been using the free Internet Answering
Machine offered by CallWave and have grown very dependent on this service.

I have just receive notification from CallWave that the FREE service
will be discontinued. Of course they are offering a fee based service
for $3.95 per month!

Im wondering if there are other free Internet Answering services.

Pfilosophi
July 11th 03, 02:59 AM
>Subject: Internet Answering Machine NO LONGER FREE
>From: Darold Lowe
>Date: 7/10/03 8:04 AM Eastern Daylight Time
>
>For the past several years I have been using the free Internet Answering
>Machine offered by CallWave and have grown very dependent on this service.
>
>I have just receive notification from CallWave that the FREE service
>will be discontinued. Of course they are offering a fee based service
>for $3.95 per month!
>
>Im wondering if there are other free Internet Answering services.

I dunno about you, but I've been paying $3.95 for 2 months now.. ? Did they
stop it in waves across the country?

Pfil

Pfilosophi
July 11th 03, 02:59 AM
>Subject: Internet Answering Machine NO LONGER FREE
>From: Darold Lowe
>Date: 7/10/03 8:04 AM Eastern Daylight Time
>
>For the past several years I have been using the free Internet Answering
>Machine offered by CallWave and have grown very dependent on this service.
>
>I have just receive notification from CallWave that the FREE service
>will be discontinued. Of course they are offering a fee based service
>for $3.95 per month!
>
>Im wondering if there are other free Internet Answering services.

I dunno about you, but I've been paying $3.95 for 2 months now.. ? Did they
stop it in waves across the country?

Pfil

ares
July 11th 03, 09:49 PM
I dunno either, because it seems like over a year ago that they started
charging, though they still had it free under certain conditions.
ares

"Pfilosophi" > wrote in message
> >Subject: Internet Answering Machine NO LONGER FREE
> >From: Darold Lowe
> >Date: 7/10/03 8:04 AM Eastern Daylight Time
> >
> >For the past several years I have been using the free Internet Answering
> >Machine offered by CallWave and have grown very dependent on this
service.

> >I have just receive notification from CallWave that the FREE service
> >will be discontinued. Of course they are offering a fee based service
> >for $3.95 per month!
> >
> >Im wondering if there are other free Internet Answering services.
> >

> I dunno about you, but I've been paying $3.95 for 2 months now.. ? Did
they
> stop it in waves across the country?
>
> Pfil

ares
July 11th 03, 09:49 PM
I dunno either, because it seems like over a year ago that they started
charging, though they still had it free under certain conditions.
ares

"Pfilosophi" > wrote in message
> >Subject: Internet Answering Machine NO LONGER FREE
> >From: Darold Lowe
> >Date: 7/10/03 8:04 AM Eastern Daylight Time
> >
> >For the past several years I have been using the free Internet Answering
> >Machine offered by CallWave and have grown very dependent on this
service.

> >I have just receive notification from CallWave that the FREE service
> >will be discontinued. Of course they are offering a fee based service
> >for $3.95 per month!
> >
> >Im wondering if there are other free Internet Answering services.
> >

> I dunno about you, but I've been paying $3.95 for 2 months now.. ? Did
they
> stop it in waves across the country?
>
> Pfil

vikki
July 13th 03, 10:29 AM
for about $40 you can buy a catch a call.
not worry about call wave that does not always work.

Vikki in WA State

ares wrote in message ...
>I dunno either, because it seems like over a year ago that they
started
>charging, though they still had it free under certain conditions.
>ares
>
>"Pfilosophi" > wrote in message
>> >Subject: Internet Answering Machine NO LONGER FREE
>> >From: Darold Lowe
>> >Date: 7/10/03 8:04 AM Eastern Daylight Time
>> >
>> >For the past several years I have been using the free Internet
Answering
>> >Machine offered by CallWave and have grown very dependent on this
>service.
>> >
>> >I have just receive notification from CallWave that the FREE
service
>> >will be discontinued. Of course they are offering a fee based
service
>> >for $3.95 per month!
>> >
>> >Im wondering if there are other free Internet Answering services.
>> >

>> I dunno about you, but I've been paying $3.95 for 2 months now.. ?
Did
>they
>> stop it in waves across the country?
>>
>> Pfil

Darold Lowe
July 13th 03, 09:29 PM
vikki wrote:
> for about $40 you can buy a catch a call.
> not worry about call wave that does not always work.

Do these devices work on all modems?
My computer is about 3 years old and has a built in modem.

Darold Lowe
July 13th 03, 09:29 PM
vikki wrote:
> for about $40 you can buy a catch a call.
> not worry about call wave that does not always work.

Do these devices work on all modems?
My computer is about 3 years old and has a built in modem.

Google