PDA

View Full Version : Toilet Tank

Jarkat2002
July 10th 03, 05:13 PM
We need to replace our toilet tank but not the bowl. It's a 5 gallon tank and
those are no longer available. Will the smaller tank work with the bowl that
we have? I really don't want to replace the whole toilet if I can help it ...
but I also don't want to have to flush the thing 4 or 5 times w/ every use like
our old one.
Also, anyone know of a discount place to buy this kind of stuff in the
Cleveland area? I have heard there are a few wherehouse places but I'm new
here and haven't been able to find them.
Thanks.
~Kat

Planet Claire has pink air
All the trees are red
No one ever dies there
No one has a head

ares
July 10th 03, 09:10 PM
New low flush toilets work better? I don't know but I was in a new motel
and when I flushed it almost sounded like a small explosion; do they propel
the stuff down the drain more? I also had to flush multiple times
sometimes.
ares

news:[email protected]

"SoCalMike" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> "Jarkat2002" > wrote in message
> >

> > We need to replace our toilet tank but not the bowl. It's a 5 gallon
tank
> and
> > those are no longer available. Will the smaller tank work with the bowl
> that
> > we have? I really don't want to replace the whole toilet if I can help
it
> > but I also don't want to have to flush the thing 4 or 5 times w/ every
use
> like
> > our old one.
> > Also, anyone know of a discount place to buy this kind of stuff in the
> > Cleveland area? I have heard there are a few wherehouse places but I'm
> new
> > here and haven't been able to find them.
> > Thanks.
> > ~Kat
>
> you dprobably be best just getting a "toilet in a box" for bout $60 from
> home depot, or lowes. everything will be new, and itll match. and the new
> low-flush ones work a lot better now :)

K. Reece
July 11th 03, 12:35 AM
"ares" > wrote in message
> New low flush toilets work better? I don't know but I was in a new motel
> and when I flushed it almost sounded like a small explosion; do they
propel
> the stuff down the drain more? I also had to flush multiple times
> sometimes.
> ares

We have fairly new low flush toilets and they work fine. The thing I really
like about the particular design of these toilets is, if they're plugged up
they don't overflow.

Kathy

K. Reece
July 11th 03, 12:35 AM
"ares" > wrote in message
> New low flush toilets work better? I don't know but I was in a new motel
> and when I flushed it almost sounded like a small explosion; do they
propel
> the stuff down the drain more? I also had to flush multiple times
> sometimes.
> ares

We have fairly new low flush toilets and they work fine. The thing I really
like about the particular design of these toilets is, if they're plugged up
they don't overflow.

Kathy

dennis
July 11th 03, 01:21 AM
several years ago we had a tank crack on us in the middle of the night (good
thing we weren't out of town)... It was an older toilet and I wanted to stay
with the style so I was able to pick up a replacement tank at a building
recycler for about 10.00 might want to look in your local yellow pages or
ask the question to a local newsgroup if there is such a place in your
area.;

Dennis
"Jarkat2002" > wrote in message

> We need to replace our toilet tank but not the bowl. It's a 5 gallon tank
and
> those are no longer available. Will the smaller tank work with the bowl
that
> we have? I really don't want to replace the whole toilet if I can help it
> but I also don't want to have to flush the thing 4 or 5 times w/ every use
like
> our old one.
> Also, anyone know of a discount place to buy this kind of stuff in the
> Cleveland area? I have heard there are a few wherehouse places but I'm
new
> here and haven't been able to find them.
> Thanks.
> ~Kat
>

> Planet Claire has pink air
> All the trees are red
> No one ever dies there
> No one has a head

dennis
July 11th 03, 01:21 AM
several years ago we had a tank crack on us in the middle of the night (good
thing we weren't out of town)... It was an older toilet and I wanted to stay
with the style so I was able to pick up a replacement tank at a building
recycler for about 10.00 might want to look in your local yellow pages or
ask the question to a local newsgroup if there is such a place in your
area.;

Dennis
"Jarkat2002" > wrote in message

> We need to replace our toilet tank but not the bowl. It's a 5 gallon tank
and
> those are no longer available. Will the smaller tank work with the bowl
that
> we have? I really don't want to replace the whole toilet if I can help it
> but I also don't want to have to flush the thing 4 or 5 times w/ every use
like
> our old one.
> Also, anyone know of a discount place to buy this kind of stuff in the
> Cleveland area? I have heard there are a few wherehouse places but I'm
new
> here and haven't been able to find them.
> Thanks.
> ~Kat
>

> Planet Claire has pink air
> All the trees are red
> No one ever dies there
> No one has a head

Halcitron
July 11th 03, 04:37 AM
>From: (Jarkat2002)
>Newsgroups: misc.consumers.frugal-living
>Date: 10 Jul 2003 15:13:52 GMT

>We need to replace our toilet tank but not the bowl. It's a 5 gallon tank
>and
>those are no longer available. Will the smaller tank work with the bowl that
>we have? I really don't want to replace the whole toilet if I can help it
>but I also don't want to have to flush the thing 4 or 5 times w/ every use
>like
>our old one.
>Also, anyone know of a discount place to buy this kind of stuff in the
>Cleveland area? I have heard there are a few wherehouse places but I'm new
>here and haven't been able to find them.
>Thanks.
>~Kat

http://www.homedepot.com

Some store locations

1 West Cleveland
11901 Berea Rd
W Cleveland, OH 44111
(216)251-3091
Directions

2 Brooklyn
10800 Brookpark Rd
Brooklyn, OH 44130
(216)676-9969
Directions

3 Cleveland Heights
3460 Mayfield Rd
Cleveland Heights, OH 44118
(216)297-1303
Directions

caveat lector

Halcitron misc.survivalism
Check your six and know when to duck.
NRA Member since 2002
The Law of the Land, is the weapon in your hand.

Smith & Wesson starts where the Bill of Rights stop.

Halcitron
July 11th 03, 04:37 AM
>From: (Jarkat2002)
>Newsgroups: misc.consumers.frugal-living
>Date: 10 Jul 2003 15:13:52 GMT

>We need to replace our toilet tank but not the bowl. It's a 5 gallon tank
>and
>those are no longer available. Will the smaller tank work with the bowl that
>we have? I really don't want to replace the whole toilet if I can help it
>but I also don't want to have to flush the thing 4 or 5 times w/ every use
>like
>our old one.
>Also, anyone know of a discount place to buy this kind of stuff in the
>Cleveland area? I have heard there are a few wherehouse places but I'm new
>here and haven't been able to find them.
>Thanks.
>~Kat

http://www.homedepot.com

Some store locations

1 West Cleveland
11901 Berea Rd
W Cleveland, OH 44111
(216)251-3091
Directions

2 Brooklyn
10800 Brookpark Rd
Brooklyn, OH 44130
(216)676-9969
Directions

3 Cleveland Heights
3460 Mayfield Rd
Cleveland Heights, OH 44118
(216)297-1303
Directions

caveat lector

Halcitron misc.survivalism
Check your six and know when to duck.
NRA Member since 2002
The Law of the Land, is the weapon in your hand.

Smith & Wesson starts where the Bill of Rights stop.

Luke
July 11th 03, 08:34 AM
On 10 Jul 2003 15:13:52 GMT, (Jarkat2002)
wrote:

>We need to replace our toilet tank but not the bowl. It's a 5 gallon tank and
>those are no longer available. Will the smaller tank work with the bowl that
>we have?

Most likely, no. If the tank's cracked it may be repairable, perhaps
depending on where the crack is. Look up a plumbing supply in the
yellow pages and call or go and ask.

>I really don't want to replace the whole toilet if I can help it ...
>but I also don't want to have to flush the thing 4 or 5 times w/ every use like
>our old one.
[snip]

So why fix it? Must be a Home Despot or Lowes thereabout. Go buy a
Kohler Wellworth. There's better and more expensive, but the newish
Wellworths work well. Check Consumer Reports.

--
Luke

wrote:

>We need to replace our toilet tank but not the bowl. It's a 5 gallon tank and
>those are no longer available. Will the smaller tank work with the bowl that
>we have?

Most likely, no. If the tank's cracked it may be repairable, perhaps
depending on where the crack is. Look up a plumbing supply in the
yellow pages and call or go and ask.

>I really don't want to replace the whole toilet if I can help it ...
>but I also don't want to have to flush the thing 4 or 5 times w/ every use like
>our old one.
[snip]

So why fix it? Must be a Home Despot or Lowes thereabout. Go buy a
Kohler Wellworth. There's better and more expensive, but the newish
Wellworths work well. Check Consumer Reports.

--
Luke

July 15th 03, 10:17 AM
check CU tests of flush and self-clean abilities.

"Jarkat2002" > wrote in message

> We need to replace our toilet tank but not the bowl. It's a 5 gallon tank
and
> those are no longer available. Will the smaller tank work with the bowl
that
> we have? I really don't want to replace the whole toilet if I can help it
> but I also don't want to have to flush the thing 4 or 5 times w/ every use
like
> our old one.

sounds like you have troubel besides the toilet.

> Also, anyone know of a discount place to buy this kind of stuff in the
> Cleveland area? I have heard there are a few wherehouse places but I'm
new
> here and haven't been able to find them.
> Thanks.
> ~Kat
>

> Planet Claire has pink air
> All the trees are red
> No one ever dies there
> No one has a head

July 15th 03, 10:17 AM
check CU tests of flush and self-clean abilities.

"Jarkat2002" > wrote in message

> We need to replace our toilet tank but not the bowl. It's a 5 gallon tank
and
> those are no longer available. Will the smaller tank work with the bowl
that
> we have? I really don't want to replace the whole toilet if I can help it
> but I also don't want to have to flush the thing 4 or 5 times w/ every use
like
> our old one.

sounds like you have troubel besides the toilet.

> Also, anyone know of a discount place to buy this kind of stuff in the
> Cleveland area? I have heard there are a few wherehouse places but I'm
new
> here and haven't been able to find them.
> Thanks.
> ~Kat
>

> Planet Claire has pink air
> All the trees are red
> No one ever dies there
> No one has a head

cyber
July 15th 03, 05:39 PM
In article <[email protected]>, > wrote:

> check CU tests of flush and self-clean abilities.
>
> "Jarkat2002" > wrote in message
> >

> > We need to replace our toilet tank but not the bowl. It's a 5 gallon tank
> and
> > those are no longer available. Will the smaller tank work with the bowl
> that
> > we have? I really don't want to replace the whole toilet if I can help it
> > but I also don't want to have to flush the thing 4 or 5 times w/ every use
> like
> > our old one.
>
> sounds like you have troubel besides the toilet.
>
> > Also, anyone know of a discount place to buy this kind of stuff in the
> > Cleveland area? I have heard there are a few wherehouse places but I'm
> new
> > here and haven't been able to find them.
> > Thanks.
> > ~Kat
> >

> > Planet Claire has pink air
> > All the trees are red
> > No one ever dies there
> > No one has a head

we needed an older toilet part and found a few at a junk yard for house
parts. We converted the toilet to water saving by putting weights (nuts)
on the chain that controls the flap. We have to hold the lever down for
a more complete job, but a small flush is sometimes all that "needed".
good luck! g.
Bush says that he does not need approval from the U.N.to wage
war.& he didn't need the approval of the voters to become
president either,did he?

cyber
July 15th 03, 05:39 PM
In article <[email protected]>, > wrote:

> check CU tests of flush and self-clean abilities.
>
> "Jarkat2002" > wrote in message
> >

> > We need to replace our toilet tank but not the bowl. It's a 5 gallon tank
> and
> > those are no longer available. Will the smaller tank work with the bowl
> that
> > we have? I really don't want to replace the whole toilet if I can help it
> > but I also don't want to have to flush the thing 4 or 5 times w/ every use
> like
> > our old one.
>
> sounds like you have troubel besides the toilet.
>
> > Also, anyone know of a discount place to buy this kind of stuff in the
> > Cleveland area? I have heard there are a few wherehouse places but I'm
> new
> > here and haven't been able to find them.
> > Thanks.
> > ~Kat
> >

> > Planet Claire has pink air
> > All the trees are red
> > No one ever dies there
> > No one has a head

we needed an older toilet part and found a few at a junk yard for house
parts. We converted the toilet to water saving by putting weights (nuts)
on the chain that controls the flap. We have to hold the lever down for
a more complete job, but a small flush is sometimes all that "needed".
good luck! g.
Bush says that he does not need approval from the U.N.to wage
war.& he didn't need the approval of the voters to become
president either,did he?

Google