PDA

View Full Version : Staying in Rosemont, IL on the cheap!

Jim
July 12th 03, 05:30 PM
I'm hoping to visit Rosemont, Illinois coming up in about a month but
have to budget very carefully to be able to attend. We're going to a
convention and need all the money we can save for the actual convention.
The convention is being held at the Donald E Stephens Convention Center.
Would there happen to be any hostels or YMCA's or any place that's safe
to stay for about 3 days? The hotels seem to be overpriced of course,
so I'm looking to save as much as possible yet still keep it a safe
trip. Anyone know of a good, inexpensive place to stay within about 10
minutes driving from the Convention Center? Thanks very much!

Jim

Jim
July 13th 03, 06:28 AM
Been doing that. Just hoping someone would be able to recommend any
place in the area from personal experience. Last year I stayed at a
fairly nice hostel in California and now am looking for something along
those lines for this trip. Thanks.

<Old_Timer> wrote in message
> On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 10:30:35 -0500, "Jim" > wrote:
>
> >I'm hoping to visit Rosemont, Illinois coming up in about a month but
> >have to budget very carefully to be able to attend. We're going to a
> >convention and need all the money we can save for the actual
convention.
> >The convention is being held at the Donald E Stephens Convention
Center.
> >Would there happen to be any hostels or YMCA's or any place that's
safe
> >to stay for about 3 days? The hotels seem to be overpriced of
course,
> >so I'm looking to save as much as possible yet still keep it a safe
> >trip. Anyone know of a good, inexpensive place to stay within about
10
> >minutes driving from the Convention Center? Thanks very much!
> >
> >Jim
>
> Research the net for lowest motel/hotel prices in the area.
>
> Old_Timer

Jim
July 13th 03, 07:13 PM
Ouch. Will do. Not crazy about staying in downtown Chicago. Stayed
there once. Wasn't pleasant. ;)
Maladicta1 > wrote in message
> >Been doing that. Just hoping someone would be able to recommend any
> >place in the area from personal experience. Last year I stayed at a
> >fairly nice hostel in California and now am looking for something
along
> >those lines for this trip.
>
> There's a nice hostel in downtown Chicago for $30. a night plus the
hour-a-half
> daily commute to Rosemont. Look for a cheap hotel in the area.

Jim
July 13th 03, 07:13 PM
Ouch. Will do. Not crazy about staying in downtown Chicago. Stayed
there once. Wasn't pleasant. ;)
Maladicta1 > wrote in message
> >Been doing that. Just hoping someone would be able to recommend any
> >place in the area from personal experience. Last year I stayed at a
> >fairly nice hostel in California and now am looking for something
along
> >those lines for this trip.
>
> There's a nice hostel in downtown Chicago for $30. a night plus the
hour-a-half
> daily commute to Rosemont. Look for a cheap hotel in the area.

Google