PDA

View Full Version : Re: AARP MEMBERSHIP

Dudhorse
July 12th 03, 06:16 PM
"FRED WELLMAN" > wrote in message
> Let's see I was born in 1956 and promised I could retire at full benefits
at
> age 65. They raised the age to 66 years and 10 months. I was promised
> this, at the time in the law, and the promise is broken.

.... welcome to the wonderful world of Social Insecurity - I too have to work
to 67 to get full benefits but its looking more and more like I will be
lucky to still be working at 62 - but that may work out for the best; a
friend's financial adviser told him its best to go for early retirement
because statistically a person will not live long enough to make up the
diffference - in other words its best to draw reduced benefits longer than
higher benefits for a shorter time. BTW your message and your subject
header to do match.

Google