PDA

View Full Version : Re: Want input on Fisher&Paykel Washing machine

Patricia
July 12th 03, 10:47 PM
> From: ArkieNurse >
> Returned home this morning to learn that my washer, age 13 years, has
> died.
> We went out this afternoon to price a new one. One of the stores we
> looked at has just gotten in a washer made by Fisher&Paykel in New
> Zealand. I was impressed with the energy efficiency , and that I
> would be using less water. Also that therer are so few parts to go
> wrong. But I have never heard of this brand before, it is fairly new
> to the US.
> Do any of you have a Fisher&Paykel washer, or for that matter any of
> their products?
> Is it as good as advertised? The sales person says that of all the
> washers this company has made, only 12 ever have gone bad.
==
Hi Vicky:

No first had information only "hearsay". We have friends in NZ who rate it
highly and say that the washer is a real "work horse". She loves hers. They
have had it about 6 years if I remember correctly.

We also have friends in the Phoenix area who had a dishwasher made by them
and liked it so well that about a year ago they bought their washer and
dryer.

His comments were " it's a little noisier than our old one but works like a
dream".

You might like to try "Epinions" to see if there is any chit chat there
about these products. Good luck.

Patricia

Bubbalicious
July 13th 03, 02:57 PM
ArkieNurse > wrote:

> One of the stores we
>looked at has just gotten in a washer made by Fisher&Paykel in New
>Zealand. I was impressed with the energy efficiency , and that I
>would be using less water.

I am positive that you would be satisfied with the machine.....but what are you
going to do in five years and you need parts from NZ? Will the company be
available to service your needs? Look around at other dealers that have had
the machine for a while. The store that just got it in doesn't have much of a
track record.

Bubbalicious
July 13th 03, 02:57 PM
ArkieNurse > wrote:

> One of the stores we
>looked at has just gotten in a washer made by Fisher&Paykel in New
>Zealand. I was impressed with the energy efficiency , and that I
>would be using less water.

I am positive that you would be satisfied with the machine.....but what are you
going to do in five years and you need parts from NZ? Will the company be
available to service your needs? Look around at other dealers that have had
the machine for a while. The store that just got it in doesn't have much of a
track record.

July 15th 03, 07:53 AM
maybe the store has sold only 12

"Bubbalicious" > wrote in message
> ArkieNurse > wrote:
>
> > One of the stores we
> >looked at has just gotten in a washer made by Fisher&Paykel in New
> >Zealand. I was impressed with the energy efficiency , and that I
> >would be using less water.
>

> I am positive that you would be satisfied with the machine.....but what
are you
> going to do in five years and you need parts from NZ? Will the company
be
> available to service your needs? Look around at other dealers that have
had
> the machine for a while. The store that just got it in doesn't have much
of a
> track record.

check if fp has shown up yet in cu surveys (back of annual buyers guide)

be sure it uses standard US
voltage/plug 110/115V and
hose fittings are US 3/4" female hose

July 15th 03, 07:53 AM
maybe the store has sold only 12

"Bubbalicious" > wrote in message
> ArkieNurse > wrote:
>
> > One of the stores we
> >looked at has just gotten in a washer made by Fisher&Paykel in New
> >Zealand. I was impressed with the energy efficiency , and that I
> >would be using less water.
>

> I am positive that you would be satisfied with the machine.....but what
are you
> going to do in five years and you need parts from NZ? Will the company
be
> available to service your needs? Look around at other dealers that have
had
> the machine for a while. The store that just got it in doesn't have much
of a
> track record.

check if fp has shown up yet in cu surveys (back of annual buyers guide)

be sure it uses standard US
voltage/plug 110/115V and
hose fittings are US 3/4" female hose

Google