PDA

View Full Version : Wilsonart laminate flooring prices/experiences wanted

Greyhound00
July 13th 03, 07:30 PM
Greetings,
I am considering Wilsonart laminate planks to go down in half my house. I
plan on doing the frugal thing and installing it myself. It will be in an
entryway, livingroom and bedroom (approx 800 sq/ft All are concrete floors
and it will be to replace my carpeting. Does anyone have any experience
installing it and how does it compare with the others (I prefer to purchase
made in America). I have already checked out google and would like some more
recent opinions and experiences.
Thanks
Pierre

TomTom
July 13th 03, 11:28 PM
Installing laminate flooring is a piece of cake. I have not had any
experience with Wilsonart, only Pergo and Paris brand, both of which are
glue seams. Wilsonart is glueless I think, with a click-lock style seam. Two
people can install 300+ feet of glue based laminate in a day, with the
glueless you should be able to do over that since some time is spent on glue
application and cleanup. You probably know already that you'll need to
install a moisture and sound barrier over the concrete first. Moisture
barrier is just a plastic film, sound barrier is any one of several
types/thicknesses of foam that will quiet your steps.

I bought my flooring from floorshop.com and picked it up at one of their
warehouses which happened to be less than 20 miles from my house. I just
looked and floorshop.com sells Wilsonart, the DuoLink is $2.11 /sqft and the
Tap-N-Lock is $2.99 /sqft.

Good luck!

s.com...