PDA

View Full Version : What's a good container for Bob Benjamin?

myname
July 14th 03, 01:41 AM
Instead of buying a specially designed container for Bob Benjamin is there
anything else that I could use?

George
July 14th 03, 01:51 AM
"myname" > wrote in message
om...
> Instead of buying a specially designed container for Bob Benjamin is there
> anything else that I could use?

Not knowing who "Bob Benjamin" might be I just have to ask what are the
features of the specially designed container?

George
July 14th 03, 01:51 AM
"myname" > wrote in message
om...
> Instead of buying a specially designed container for Bob Benjamin is there
> anything else that I could use?

Not knowing who "Bob Benjamin" might be I just have to ask what are the
features of the specially designed container?

SlinkyToy
July 14th 03, 01:57 AM
I suspect it needs to be airtight with secure latches to contain
"byproducts".

Maybe a big Rubbermaid container (the 55-gal one?) and a couple rolls of
duct tape, plus some plastic sheeting?

"George" > wrote in message

> "myname" > wrote in message
> om...
> > Instead of buying a specially designed container for Bob Benjamin is
there
> > anything else that I could use?
>
> Not knowing who "Bob Benjamin" might be I just have to ask what are the
> features of the specially designed container?

Gene Wirchenko
July 14th 03, 04:16 AM
(myname) wrote:

>Instead of buying a specially designed container for Bob Benjamin is there
>anything else that I could use?

There are standard containers--called coffins--but their
premature use is somewhat macabre.

ObMCFL: Skip the brass fittings.

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko

Computerese Irregular Verb Conjugation:
I have preferences.
You have biases.
He/She has prejudices.

Gene Wirchenko
July 14th 03, 04:16 AM
(myname) wrote:

>Instead of buying a specially designed container for Bob Benjamin is there
>anything else that I could use?

There are standard containers--called coffins--but their
premature use is somewhat macabre.

ObMCFL: Skip the brass fittings.

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko

Computerese Irregular Verb Conjugation:
I have preferences.
You have biases.
He/She has prejudices.

Anthony Matonak
July 14th 03, 08:25 AM
myname wrote:
> Instead of buying a specially designed container for Bob Benjamin is there
> anything else that I could use?

A 55 gallon drum should suffice. Mind you, you may have to fold, spindle
or mutilate in order to get a good fit. Unless you are storing him for
later consumption then you don't need to be particularly fussy about all
the canning and preparation processing.

Anthony

Anthony Matonak
July 14th 03, 08:25 AM
myname wrote:
> Instead of buying a specially designed container for Bob Benjamin is there
> anything else that I could use?

A 55 gallon drum should suffice. Mind you, you may have to fold, spindle
or mutilate in order to get a good fit. Unless you are storing him for
later consumption then you don't need to be particularly fussy about all
the canning and preparation processing.

Anthony

Neil
July 14th 03, 08:29 PM
(Gene Wirchenko) wrote in message >...
> (myname) wrote:
>
> >Instead of buying a specially designed container for Bob Benjamin is there
> >anything else that I could use?
>
> There are standard containers--called coffins--but their
> premature use is somewhat macabre.
>
> ObMCFL: Skip the brass fittings.

The latest issue of ReadyMade magazine shows how to build a coffin out
of standard Ikea furniture parts. You start with a large drawer, then
use some doors for a lid.

(ReadyMade is a magazine about building stuff out of scraps. For
example, the same issue showed how to cut a large (2 liter or larger,
I guess) plastic soda bottle into 2 pieces, then use the 2 pieces to
make bicycle fenders. Don't know if ReadyMade has a web site.)

(snip)

Neil
July 14th 03, 08:29 PM
(Gene Wirchenko) wrote in message >...
> (myname) wrote:
>
> >Instead of buying a specially designed container for Bob Benjamin is there
> >anything else that I could use?
>
> There are standard containers--called coffins--but their
> premature use is somewhat macabre.
>
> ObMCFL: Skip the brass fittings.

The latest issue of ReadyMade magazine shows how to build a coffin out
of standard Ikea furniture parts. You start with a large drawer, then
use some doors for a lid.

(ReadyMade is a magazine about building stuff out of scraps. For
example, the same issue showed how to cut a large (2 liter or larger,
I guess) plastic soda bottle into 2 pieces, then use the 2 pieces to
make bicycle fenders. Don't know if ReadyMade has a web site.)

(snip)

suzn
July 14th 03, 08:33 PM
"myname" > wrote in message
om...
> Instead of buying a specially designed container for Bob Benjamin is there
> anything else that I could use?

LMAO. too funny.....

suzn
July 14th 03, 08:33 PM
"myname" > wrote in message
om...
> Instead of buying a specially designed container for Bob Benjamin is there
> anything else that I could use?

LMAO. too funny.....

The Real Bev
July 14th 03, 09:30 PM
Anthony Matonak wrote:

> myname wrote:
> > Instead of buying a specially designed container for Bob Benjamin is there
> > anything else that I could use?
>
> A 55 gallon drum should suffice. Mind you, you may have to fold, spindle
> or mutilate in order to get a good fit. Unless you are storing him for
> later consumption then you don't need to be particularly fussy about all
> the canning and preparation processing.

I just saw a movie that said that when they were building the Panama
Canal, huge numbers of workers died each day. The presence of so many
graves would have been demoralizing to the other workers so the company
ordered barrels of vinegar, packed one body in each barrel, and sold them
to medical schools in Europe.

That's frugal.

--
Cheers,
Bev

The Real Bev
July 14th 03, 09:30 PM
Anthony Matonak wrote:

> myname wrote:
> > Instead of buying a specially designed container for Bob Benjamin is there
> > anything else that I could use?
>
> A 55 gallon drum should suffice. Mind you, you may have to fold, spindle
> or mutilate in order to get a good fit. Unless you are storing him for
> later consumption then you don't need to be particularly fussy about all
> the canning and preparation processing.

I just saw a movie that said that when they were building the Panama
Canal, huge numbers of workers died each day. The presence of so many
graves would have been demoralizing to the other workers so the company
ordered barrels of vinegar, packed one body in each barrel, and sold them
to medical schools in Europe.

That's frugal.

--
Cheers,
Bev
Warning: Objects in mirror appear smarter than they are.

George
July 14th 03, 11:49 PM
"SlinkyToy" > wrote in message
. ..
> I suspect it needs to be airtight with secure latches to contain
> "byproducts".
>
> Maybe a big Rubbermaid container (the 55-gal one?) and a couple rolls of
> duct tape, plus some plastic sheeting?
>
> "George" > wrote in message
> >
> > "myname" > wrote in message
> > om...
> > > Instead of buying a specially designed container for Bob Benjamin is
> there
> > > anything else that I could use?
> >
> > Not knowing who "Bob Benjamin" might be I just have to ask what are the
> > features of the specially designed container?

If it is short term use then this might be something to checkout:
http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/330.htm

George
July 14th 03, 11:49 PM
"SlinkyToy" > wrote in message
. ..
> I suspect it needs to be airtight with secure latches to contain
> "byproducts".
>
> Maybe a big Rubbermaid container (the 55-gal one?) and a couple rolls of
> duct tape, plus some plastic sheeting?
>
> "George" > wrote in message
> >
> > "myname" > wrote in message
> > om...
> > > Instead of buying a specially designed container for Bob Benjamin is
> there
> > > anything else that I could use?
> >
> > Not knowing who "Bob Benjamin" might be I just have to ask what are the
> > features of the specially designed container?

If it is short term use then this might be something to checkout:
http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/330.htm

Countdown to 55
July 16th 03, 01:51 AM
>A 55 gallon drum should suffice. Mind you, you may have to fold, spindle
>or mutilate in order to get a good fit.

What the heck -- that's what the funeral homes often do anyway.

Cindy

Countdown to 55
July 16th 03, 01:51 AM
>A 55 gallon drum should suffice. Mind you, you may have to fold, spindle
>or mutilate in order to get a good fit.

What the heck -- that's what the funeral homes often do anyway.

Cindy

Google