PDA

View Full Version : Frugal Jagger :-)

Elana Kehoe
July 14th 03, 11:13 AM
From a gossip column that I read:

Mick Jagger is not so taken with his lavish lifestyle.

The Rolling Stone with a reputation as one of the tightest men in
showbiz says he was taught to watch the pennies as a child and believes
in repairing things when they're broken, rather than throwing them out.

Jagger, who turns 60 later this month, tells interviewer Mariella
Frostrup: "Those of us who were brought up in the 50s were taught to be
frugal. We don't like throwing computers away as soon as they don't work
- apart from out of the window in frustration. We like cars to be
repaired instead of junked."

Sir Mick, now dating American stylist L'Wren Scott, went on: "We're not
brought up like Puff Daddy to take 30 freeloading friends to the South
of France and spend hundreds and thousands on Cristal champagne. The
truth is most English people, whether they're rich or not, just don't
behave like that."

ares
July 14th 03, 09:49 PM
Seemed to me that everything was very expensive in England; maybe that's
why. I'm surprised to hear that about Jagger with all his money! Didn't
realize he's on to another girlfriend.
ares

"Elana Kehoe" > wrote in message
> From a gossip column that I read:
>
> Mick Jagger is not so taken with his lavish lifestyle.
>
> The Rolling Stone with a reputation as one of the tightest men in
> showbiz says he was taught to watch the pennies as a child and believes
> in repairing things when they're broken, rather than throwing them out.
>
> Jagger, who turns 60 later this month, tells interviewer Mariella
> Frostrup: "Those of us who were brought up in the 50s were taught to be
> frugal. We don't like throwing computers away as soon as they don't work
> - apart from out of the window in frustration. We like cars to be
> repaired instead of junked."
>
> Sir Mick, now dating American stylist L'Wren Scott, went on: "We're not
> brought up like Puff Daddy to take 30 freeloading friends to the South
> of France and spend hundreds and thousands on Cristal champagne. The
> truth is most English people, whether they're rich or not, just don't
> behave like that."

ares
July 14th 03, 09:49 PM
Seemed to me that everything was very expensive in England; maybe that's
why. I'm surprised to hear that about Jagger with all his money! Didn't
realize he's on to another girlfriend.
ares

"Elana Kehoe" > wrote in message
> From a gossip column that I read:
>
> Mick Jagger is not so taken with his lavish lifestyle.
>
> The Rolling Stone with a reputation as one of the tightest men in
> showbiz says he was taught to watch the pennies as a child and believes
> in repairing things when they're broken, rather than throwing them out.
>
> Jagger, who turns 60 later this month, tells interviewer Mariella
> Frostrup: "Those of us who were brought up in the 50s were taught to be
> frugal. We don't like throwing computers away as soon as they don't work
> - apart from out of the window in frustration. We like cars to be
> repaired instead of junked."
>
> Sir Mick, now dating American stylist L'Wren Scott, went on: "We're not
> brought up like Puff Daddy to take 30 freeloading friends to the South
> of France and spend hundreds and thousands on Cristal champagne. The
> truth is most English people, whether they're rich or not, just don't
> behave like that."

Elana
July 14th 03, 10:53 PM
ares > wrote:

> Seemed to me that everything was very expensive in England; maybe that's
> why. I'm surprised to hear that about Jagger with all his money! Didn't
> realize he's on to another girlfriend.

I think the UK is officially the most expensive place in the EU,
Ireland's second (so we'll say the most expensive Euro-zone country).
Don't know how often he's around tho...

He's always on to another girlfriend...

Elana
July 14th 03, 10:53 PM