PDA

View Full Version : Frugal A/C cleaning - not!

SlinkyToy
July 14th 03, 06:20 PM
Without regaling all y'all with the incredibly long and tedious history, let
me say that if you need your A/C a-coil cleaned, it may very well be less
expensive to pay someone to come in and do it than to do it yourself.

My DH started this project at 0900 yesterday. Five trips to the you-do-it
store and approximately $400 and 14 hours later we had the A/C on.

My back hallway and garage are flooded, and we're the proud new owners of a
window that looks into the mechanical closet.

But dammit, he saved that $175 those "a/c repair shysters" wanted to charge!

July 14th 03, 06:47 PM
"SlinkyToy" > wrote:

>Without regaling all y'all with the incredibly long and tedious history, let
>me say that if you need your A/C a-coil cleaned, it may very well be less
>expensive to pay someone to come in and do it than to do it yourself.
>
>My DH started this project at 0900 yesterday. Five trips to the you-do-it
>store and approximately $400 and 14 hours later we had the A/C on.
>
>My back hallway and garage are flooded, and we're the proud new owners of a
>window that looks into the mechanical closet.
>
>But dammit, he saved that $175 those "a/c repair shysters" wanted to charge!

So what happened?

July 14th 03, 06:47 PM
"SlinkyToy" > wrote:

>Without regaling all y'all with the incredibly long and tedious history, let
>me say that if you need your A/C a-coil cleaned, it may very well be less
>expensive to pay someone to come in and do it than to do it yourself.
>
>My DH started this project at 0900 yesterday. Five trips to the you-do-it
>store and approximately $400 and 14 hours later we had the A/C on.
>
>My back hallway and garage are flooded, and we're the proud new owners of a
>window that looks into the mechanical closet.
>
>But dammit, he saved that $175 those "a/c repair shysters" wanted to charge!

So what happened?

Google