PDA

View Full Version : rfpFAQ Available

SCUBApix
July 16th 03, 01:46 AM
Folks,
I am pleased to announce that the newly created rec.food.preserving
newsgroup FAQ is now available at
http://www.gbronline.com/jacke/rfpfaq/rfpFAQ.htm . This effort has been
supported by Barb Shaller, George Shirley, Bob Pastorio, zxcvbob and myself.
It is based on the original FAQ from 1995. To see the differences from the
original FAQ, check out
http://www.gbronline.com/jacke/rfpfaq/differences.htm . The FAQ and
'differences' files will always exist as named. The first is a Table of
Contents into the FAQ. The second will always describe the differences from
the previous version. Versions will change when something inside the FAQ
changes, not just due to an elapsed time.

It should be pointed out that I expect to cotinue updating the FAQ over the
next several months. This is more of a start rather than an end. Also,
because this is a new effort, PLEASE let me know of errors, omissions, etc.
I leave on vacation this Sunday for 2 weeks. I mention that so if anyone
does send me fixes and doesn't hear back right away, they know the reason. I
do want any and all input.

This notice has been crossposted to misc.consumers.frugal-living and
misc.survivalism as mentioned in the original FAQ. If people in these groups
feel this is not appropriate, just let me know.

--
Take Care,
SCUBApix

zxcvbob
July 16th 03, 03:19 AM
SCUBApix wrote:
> Folks,
> I am pleased to announce that the newly created rec.food.preserving
> newsgroup FAQ is now available at
> http://www.gbronline.com/jacke/rfpfaq/rfpFAQ.htm . This effort has been
> supported by Barb Shaller, George Shirley, Bob Pastorio, zxcvbob and myself.
> It is based on the original FAQ from 1995. To see the differences from the
> original FAQ, check out http://www.gbronline.com/jacke/rfpfaq/differences.htm

You are very generous sharing the credit for this. Barb, George, Bob, and
I mainly supplied moral support and you did almost all of the real work.
And a splendid job you did. <applause>

Thanks again,
Bob

zxcvbob
July 16th 03, 03:19 AM
SCUBApix wrote:
> Folks,
> I am pleased to announce that the newly created rec.food.preserving
> newsgroup FAQ is now available at
> http://www.gbronline.com/jacke/rfpfaq/rfpFAQ.htm . This effort has been
> supported by Barb Shaller, George Shirley, Bob Pastorio, zxcvbob and myself.
> It is based on the original FAQ from 1995. To see the differences from the
> original FAQ, check out http://www.gbronline.com/jacke/rfpfaq/differences.htm

You are very generous sharing the credit for this. Barb, George, Bob, and
I mainly supplied moral support and you did almost all of the real work.
And a splendid job you did. <applause>

Thanks again,
Bob

Kathi
July 16th 03, 03:43 AM
> SCUBApix wrote:
> > Folks,
> > I am pleased to announce that the newly created rec.food.preserving
> > newsgroup FAQ is now available at
> > http://www.gbronline.com/jacke/rfpfaq/rfpFAQ.htm . This effort has been
> > supported by Barb Shaller, George Shirley, Bob Pastorio, zxcvbob and
myself.
> > It is based on the original FAQ from 1995. To see the differences from
the
> > original FAQ, check out
http://www.gbronline.com/jacke/rfpfaq/differences.htm

this is excellent - really easy to figure out and access! Great work!

Kathi

Kathi
July 16th 03, 03:43 AM
> SCUBApix wrote:
> > Folks,
> > I am pleased to announce that the newly created rec.food.preserving
> > newsgroup FAQ is now available at
> > http://www.gbronline.com/jacke/rfpfaq/rfpFAQ.htm . This effort has been
> > supported by Barb Shaller, George Shirley, Bob Pastorio, zxcvbob and
myself.
> > It is based on the original FAQ from 1995. To see the differences from
the
> > original FAQ, check out
http://www.gbronline.com/jacke/rfpfaq/differences.htm

this is excellent - really easy to figure out and access! Great work!

Kathi

SalsaMaster
July 17th 03, 03:04 AM
In Part 2, Section 1.1.6, Item #5. It states:

Pie pack: heat fruit in sugar only, no sugar, until juice drawn from fruit
nearly covers fruit

Should it read -

Pie pack: heat fruit in WATER only, no sugar, until juice drawn from fruit
nearly covers fruit ?

If not, I guess I'm lost...

David...

"SCUBApix" > wrote in message
> Folks,
> I am pleased to announce that the newly created rec.food.preserving
> newsgroup FAQ is now available at
> http://www.gbronline.com/jacke/rfpfaq/rfpFAQ.htm . This effort has been
> supported by Barb Shaller, George Shirley, Bob Pastorio, zxcvbob and
myself.
> It is based on the original FAQ from 1995. To see the differences from the
> original FAQ, check out
> http://www.gbronline.com/jacke/rfpfaq/differences.htm . The FAQ and
> 'differences' files will always exist as named. The first is a Table of
> Contents into the FAQ. The second will always describe the differences
from
> the previous version. Versions will change when something inside the FAQ
> changes, not just due to an elapsed time.
>
> It should be pointed out that I expect to cotinue updating the FAQ over
the
> next several months. This is more of a start rather than an end. Also,
> because this is a new effort, PLEASE let me know of errors, omissions,
etc.
> I leave on vacation this Sunday for 2 weeks. I mention that so if anyone
> does send me fixes and doesn't hear back right away, they know the reason.
> do want any and all input.
>
> This notice has been crossposted to misc.consumers.frugal-living and
> misc.survivalism as mentioned in the original FAQ. If people in these
groups
> feel this is not appropriate, just let me know.
>
> --
> Take Care,
> SCUBApix

SalsaMaster
July 17th 03, 03:08 AM
SCUBApix,

Not being picky here, just pointing out things that don't look right.

In Part 2, Section 1.1.6, Item #5

#7 & #8 are in reverse order. It's difficult to remove air bubbles prior to
adding the liquid :-)

David...

#7 & #8 are in reverse order. It's difficult to remove air bubbles prior to
adding the liquid :-)

David...

"SCUBApix" > wrote in message
> Folks,
> I am pleased to announce that the newly created rec.food.preserving
> newsgroup FAQ is now available at
> http://www.gbronline.com/jacke/rfpfaq/rfpFAQ.htm . This effort has been
> supported by Barb Shaller, George Shirley, Bob Pastorio, zxcvbob and
myself.
> It is based on the original FAQ from 1995. To see the differences from the
> original FAQ, check out
> http://www.gbronline.com/jacke/rfpfaq/differences.htm . The FAQ and
> 'differences' files will always exist as named. The first is a Table of
> Contents into the FAQ. The second will always describe the differences
from
> the previous version. Versions will change when something inside the FAQ
> changes, not just due to an elapsed time.
>
> It should be pointed out that I expect to cotinue updating the FAQ over
the
> next several months. This is more of a start rather than an end. Also,
> because this is a new effort, PLEASE let me know of errors, omissions,
etc.
> I leave on vacation this Sunday for 2 weeks. I mention that so if anyone
> does send me fixes and doesn't hear back right away, they know the reason.
> do want any and all input.
>
> This notice has been crossposted to misc.consumers.frugal-living and
> misc.survivalism as mentioned in the original FAQ. If people in these
groups
> feel this is not appropriate, just let me know.
>
> --
> Take Care,
> SCUBApix

SalsaMaster
July 17th 03, 03:08 AM

"SCUBApix" > wrote in message
> Folks,
> I am pleased to announce that the newly created rec.food.preserving
> newsgroup FAQ is now available at
> http://www.gbronline.com/jacke/rfpfaq/rfpFAQ.htm . This effort has been
> supported by Barb Shaller, George Shirley, Bob Pastorio, zxcvbob and
myself.
> It is based on the original FAQ from 1995. To see the differences from the
> original FAQ, check out
> http://www.gbronline.com/jacke/rfpfaq/differences.htm . The FAQ and
> 'differences' files will always exist as named. The first is a Table of
> Contents into the FAQ. The second will always describe the differences
from
> the previous version. Versions will change when something inside the FAQ
> changes, not just due to an elapsed time.
>
> It should be pointed out that I expect to cotinue updating the FAQ over
the
> next several months. This is more of a start rather than an end. Also,
> because this is a new effort, PLEASE let me know of errors, omissions,
etc.
> I leave on vacation this Sunday for 2 weeks. I mention that so if anyone
> does send me fixes and doesn't hear back right away, they know the reason.
> do want any and all input.
>
> This notice has been crossposted to misc.consumers.frugal-living and
> misc.survivalism as mentioned in the original FAQ. If people in these
groups
> feel this is not appropriate, just let me know.
>
> --
> Take Care,
> SCUBApix

SalsaMaster
July 17th 03, 03:08 AM

"SCUBApix" > wrote in message
> Folks,
> I am pleased to announce that the newly created rec.food.preserving
> newsgroup FAQ is now available at
> http://www.gbronline.com/jacke/rfpfaq/rfpFAQ.htm . This effort has been
> supported by Barb Shaller, George Shirley, Bob Pastorio, zxcvbob and
myself.
> It is based on the original FAQ from 1995. To see the differences from the
> original FAQ, check out
> http://www.gbronline.com/jacke/rfpfaq/differences.htm . The FAQ and
> 'differences' files will always exist as named. The first is a Table of
> Contents into the FAQ. The second will always describe the differences
from
> the previous version. Versions will change when something inside the FAQ
> changes, not just due to an elapsed time.
>
> It should be pointed out that I expect to cotinue updating the FAQ over
the
> next several months. This is more of a start rather than an end. Also,
> because this is a new effort, PLEASE let me know of errors, omissions,
etc.
> I leave on vacation this Sunday for 2 weeks. I mention that so if anyone
> does send me fixes and doesn't hear back right away, they know the reason.
> do want any and all input.
>
> This notice has been crossposted to misc.consumers.frugal-living and
> misc.survivalism as mentioned in the original FAQ. If people in these
groups
> feel this is not appropriate, just let me know.
>
> --
> Take Care,
> SCUBApix

SalsaMaster
July 17th 03, 03:18 AM

"SCUBApix" > wrote in message
> Folks,
> I am pleased to announce that the newly created rec.food.preserving
> newsgroup FAQ is now available at
> http://www.gbronline.com/jacke/rfpfaq/rfpFAQ.htm . This effort has been
> supported by Barb Shaller, George Shirley, Bob Pastorio, zxcvbob and
myself.
> It is based on the original FAQ from 1995. To see the differences from the
> original FAQ, check out
> http://www.gbronline.com/jacke/rfpfaq/differences.htm . The FAQ and
> 'differences' files will always exist as named. The first is a Table of
> Contents into the FAQ. The second will always describe the differences
from
> the previous version. Versions will change when something inside the FAQ
> changes, not just due to an elapsed time.
>
> It should be pointed out that I expect to cotinue updating the FAQ over
the
> next several months. This is more of a start rather than an end. Also,
> because this is a new effort, PLEASE let me know of errors, omissions,
etc.
> I leave on vacation this Sunday for 2 weeks. I mention that so if anyone
> does send me fixes and doesn't hear back right away, they know the reason.
> do want any and all input.
>
> This notice has been crossposted to misc.consumers.frugal-living and
> misc.survivalism as mentioned in the original FAQ. If people in these
groups
> feel this is not appropriate, just let me know.
>
> --
> Take Care,
> SCUBApix

SalsaMaster
July 17th 03, 03:18 AM

"SCUBApix" > wrote in message
> Folks,
> I am pleased to announce that the newly created rec.food.preserving
> newsgroup FAQ is now available at
> http://www.gbronline.com/jacke/rfpfaq/rfpFAQ.htm . This effort has been
> supported by Barb Shaller, George Shirley, Bob Pastorio, zxcvbob and
myself.
> It is based on the original FAQ from 1995. To see the differences from the
> original FAQ, check out
> http://www.gbronline.com/jacke/rfpfaq/differences.htm . The FAQ and
> 'differences' files will always exist as named. The first is a Table of
> Contents into the FAQ. The second will always describe the differences
from
> the previous version. Versions will change when something inside the FAQ
> changes, not just due to an elapsed time.
>
> It should be pointed out that I expect to cotinue updating the FAQ over
the
> next several months. This is more of a start rather than an end. Also,
> because this is a new effort, PLEASE let me know of errors, omissions,
etc.
> I leave on vacation this Sunday for 2 weeks. I mention that so if anyone
> does send me fixes and doesn't hear back right away, they know the reason.
> do want any and all input.
>
> This notice has been crossposted to misc.consumers.frugal-living and
> misc.survivalism as mentioned in the original FAQ. If people in these
groups
> feel this is not appropriate, just let me know.
>
> --
> Take Care,
> SCUBApix

SalsaMaster
July 17th 03, 03:21 AM

"SCUBApix" > wrote in message
> Folks,
> I am pleased to announce that the newly created rec.food.preserving
> newsgroup FAQ is now available at
> http://www.gbronline.com/jacke/rfpfaq/rfpFAQ.htm . This effort has been
> supported by Barb Shaller, George Shirley, Bob Pastorio, zxcvbob and
myself.
> It is based on the original FAQ from 1995. To see the differences from the
> original FAQ, check out
> http://www.gbronline.com/jacke/rfpfaq/differences.htm . The FAQ and
> 'differences' files will always exist as named. The first is a Table of
> Contents into the FAQ. The second will always describe the differences
from
> the previous version. Versions will change when something inside the FAQ
> changes, not just due to an elapsed time.
>
> It should be pointed out that I expect to cotinue updating the FAQ over
the
> next several months. This is more of a start rather than an end. Also,
> because this is a new effort, PLEASE let me know of errors, omissions,
etc.
> I leave on vacation this Sunday for 2 weeks. I mention that so if anyone
> does send me fixes and doesn't hear back right away, they know the reason.
> do want any and all input.
>
> This notice has been crossposted to misc.consumers.frugal-living and
> misc.survivalism as mentioned in the original FAQ. If people in these
groups
> feel this is not appropriate, just let me know.
>
> --
> Take Care,
> SCUBApix

SalsaMaster
July 17th 03, 03:21 AM

"SCUBApix" > wrote in message
> Folks,
> I am pleased to announce that the newly created rec.food.preserving
> newsgroup FAQ is now available at
> http://www.gbronline.com/jacke/rfpfaq/rfpFAQ.htm . This effort has been
> supported by Barb Shaller, George Shirley, Bob Pastorio, zxcvbob and
myself.
> It is based on the original FAQ from 1995. To see the differences from the
> original FAQ, check out
> http://www.gbronline.com/jacke/rfpfaq/differences.htm . The FAQ and
> 'differences' files will always exist as named. The first is a Table of
> Contents into the FAQ. The second will always describe the differences
from
> the previous version. Versions will change when something inside the FAQ
> changes, not just due to an elapsed time.
>
> It should be pointed out that I expect to cotinue updating the FAQ over
the
> next several months. This is more of a start rather than an end. Also,
> because this is a new effort, PLEASE let me know of errors, omissions,
etc.
> I leave on vacation this Sunday for 2 weeks. I mention that so if anyone
> does send me fixes and doesn't hear back right away, they know the reason.
> do want any and all input.
>
> This notice has been crossposted to misc.consumers.frugal-living and
> misc.survivalism as mentioned in the original FAQ. If people in these
groups
> feel this is not appropriate, just let me know.
>
> --
> Take Care,
> SCUBApix

SalsaMaster
July 17th 03, 03:22 AM

"SCUBApix" > wrote in message
> Folks,
> I am pleased to announce that the newly created rec.food.preserving
> newsgroup FAQ is now available at
> http://www.gbronline.com/jacke/rfpfaq/rfpFAQ.htm . This effort has been
> supported by Barb Shaller, George Shirley, Bob Pastorio, zxcvbob and
myself.
> It is based on the original FAQ from 1995. To see the differences from the
> original FAQ, check out
> http://www.gbronline.com/jacke/rfpfaq/differences.htm . The FAQ and
> 'differences' files will always exist as named. The first is a Table of
> Contents into the FAQ. The second will always describe the differences
from
> the previous version. Versions will change when something inside the FAQ
> changes, not just due to an elapsed time.
>
> It should be pointed out that I expect to cotinue updating the FAQ over
the
> next several months. This is more of a start rather than an end. Also,
> because this is a new effort, PLEASE let me know of errors, omissions,
etc.
> I leave on vacation this Sunday for 2 weeks. I mention that so if anyone
> does send me fixes and doesn't hear back right away, they know the reason.
> do want any and all input.
>
> This notice has been crossposted to misc.consumers.frugal-living and
> misc.survivalism as mentioned in the original FAQ. If people in these
groups
> feel this is not appropriate, just let me know.
>
> --
> Take Care,
> SCUBApix

SalsaMaster
July 17th 03, 03:22 AM

"SCUBApix" > wrote in message
> Folks,
> I am pleased to announce that the newly created rec.food.preserving
> newsgroup FAQ is now available at
> http://www.gbronline.com/jacke/rfpfaq/rfpFAQ.htm . This effort has been
> supported by Barb Shaller, George Shirley, Bob Pastorio, zxcvbob and
myself.
> It is based on the original FAQ from 1995. To see the differences from the
> original FAQ, check out
> http://www.gbronline.com/jacke/rfpfaq/differences.htm . The FAQ and
> 'differences' files will always exist as named. The first is a Table of
> Contents into the FAQ. The second will always describe the differences
from
> the previous version. Versions will change when something inside the FAQ
> changes, not just due to an elapsed time.
>
> It should be pointed out that I expect to cotinue updating the FAQ over
the
> next several months. This is more of a start rather than an end. Also,
> because this is a new effort, PLEASE let me know of errors, omissions,
etc.
> I leave on vacation this Sunday for 2 weeks. I mention that so if anyone
> does send me fixes and doesn't hear back right away, they know the reason.
> do want any and all input.
>
> This notice has been crossposted to misc.consumers.frugal-living and
> misc.survivalism as mentioned in the original FAQ. If people in these
groups
> feel this is not appropriate, just let me know.
>
> --
> Take Care,
> SCUBApix

SalsaMaster
July 17th 03, 03:22 AM

"SCUBApix" > wrote in message
> Folks,
> I am pleased to announce that the newly created rec.food.preserving
> newsgroup FAQ is now available at
> http://www.gbronline.com/jacke/rfpfaq/rfpFAQ.htm . This effort has been
> supported by Barb Shaller, George Shirley, Bob Pastorio, zxcvbob and
myself.
> It is based on the original FAQ from 1995. To see the differences from the
> original FAQ, check out
> http://www.gbronline.com/jacke/rfpfaq/differences.htm . The FAQ and
> 'differences' files will always exist as named. The first is a Table of
> Contents into the FAQ. The second will always describe the differences
from
> the previous version. Versions will change when something inside the FAQ
> changes, not just due to an elapsed time.
>
> It should be pointed out that I expect to cotinue updating the FAQ over
the
> next several months. This is more of a start rather than an end. Also,
> because this is a new effort, PLEASE let me know of errors, omissions,
etc.
> I leave on vacation this Sunday for 2 weeks. I mention that so if anyone
> does send me fixes and doesn't hear back right away, they know the reason.
> do want any and all input.
>
> This notice has been crossposted to misc.consumers.frugal-living and
> misc.survivalism as mentioned in the original FAQ. If people in these
groups
> feel this is not appropriate, just let me know.
>
> --
> Take Care,
> SCUBApix

SalsaMaster
July 17th 03, 03:22 AM

"SCUBApix" > wrote in message
> Folks,
> I am pleased to announce that the newly created rec.food.preserving
> newsgroup FAQ is now available at
> http://www.gbronline.com/jacke/rfpfaq/rfpFAQ.htm . This effort has been
> supported by Barb Shaller, George Shirley, Bob Pastorio, zxcvbob and
myself.
> It is based on the original FAQ from 1995. To see the differences from the
> original FAQ, check out
> http://www.gbronline.com/jacke/rfpfaq/differences.htm . The FAQ and
> 'differences' files will always exist as named. The first is a Table of
> Contents into the FAQ. The second will always describe the differences
from
> the previous version. Versions will change when something inside the FAQ
> changes, not just due to an elapsed time.
>
> It should be pointed out that I expect to cotinue updating the FAQ over
the
> next several months. This is more of a start rather than an end. Also,
> because this is a new effort, PLEASE let me know of errors, omissions,
etc.
> I leave on vacation this Sunday for 2 weeks. I mention that so if anyone
> does send me fixes and doesn't hear back right away, they know the reason.
> do want any and all input.
>
> This notice has been crossposted to misc.consumers.frugal-living and
> misc.survivalism as mentioned in the original FAQ. If people in these
groups
> feel this is not appropriate, just let me know.
>
> --
> Take Care,
> SCUBApix

SalsaMaster
July 17th 03, 10:36 AM

"SCUBApix" > wrote in message
> Folks,
> I am pleased to announce that the newly created rec.food.preserving
> newsgroup FAQ is now available at
> http://www.gbronline.com/jacke/rfpfaq/rfpFAQ.htm . This effort has been
> supported by Barb Shaller, George Shirley, Bob Pastorio, zxcvbob and
myself.
> It is based on the original FAQ from 1995. To see the differences from the
> original FAQ, check out
> http://www.gbronline.com/jacke/rfpfaq/differences.htm . The FAQ and
> 'differences' files will always exist as named. The first is a Table of
> Contents into the FAQ. The second will always describe the differences
from
> the previous version. Versions will change when something inside the FAQ
> changes, not just due to an elapsed time.
>
> It should be pointed out that I expect to cotinue updating the FAQ over
the
> next several months. This is more of a start rather than an end. Also,
> because this is a new effort, PLEASE let me know of errors, omissions,
etc.
> I leave on vacation this Sunday for 2 weeks. I mention that so if anyone
> does send me fixes and doesn't hear back right away, they know the reason.
> do want any and all input.
>
> This notice has been crossposted to misc.consumers.frugal-living and
> misc.survivalism as mentioned in the original FAQ. If people in these
groups
> feel this is not appropriate, just let me know.
>
> --
> Take Care,
> SCUBApix

SalsaMaster
July 17th 03, 10:36 AM

"SCUBApix" > wrote in message
> Folks,
> I am pleased to announce that the newly created rec.food.preserving
> newsgroup FAQ is now available at
> http://www.gbronline.com/jacke/rfpfaq/rfpFAQ.htm . This effort has been
> supported by Barb Shaller, George Shirley, Bob Pastorio, zxcvbob and
myself.
> It is based on the original FAQ from 1995. To see the differences from the
> original FAQ, check out
> http://www.gbronline.com/jacke/rfpfaq/differences.htm . The FAQ and
> 'differences' files will always exist as named. The first is a Table of
> Contents into the FAQ. The second will always describe the differences
from
> the previous version. Versions will change when something inside the FAQ
> changes, not just due to an elapsed time.
>
> It should be pointed out that I expect to cotinue updating the FAQ over
the
> next several months. This is more of a start rather than an end. Also,
> because this is a new effort, PLEASE let me know of errors, omissions,
etc.
> I leave on vacation this Sunday for 2 weeks. I mention that so if anyone
> does send me fixes and doesn't hear back right away, they know the reason.
> do want any and all input.
>
> This notice has been crossposted to misc.consumers.frugal-living and
> misc.survivalism as mentioned in the original FAQ. If people in these
groups
> feel this is not appropriate, just let me know.
>
> --
> Take Care,
> SCUBApix

Google