PDA

View Full Version : Re: e-bay

George
July 16th 03, 02:33 PM
"cyber" > wrote in message
> anyone sell real estate on E-bay? is it a good idea?
> thanks. g.
> Bush says that he does not need approval from the U.N.to wage
> war.& he didn't need the approval of the voters to become
> president either,did he?

Your statement makes you sound ill-informed. The President of the US takes
this oath:
"I, name, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the
office of President of the United States, and I will to the best of my
ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United
States." There is nothing about asking the UN but it does require him to
protect the US as he sees fit.

The US President is elected by the electoral college as required by our
Constitution and not by popular vote. That is our current system. If you
disagree with the concept then maybe you can start working on a
Constitutional ammendment.

Nick Pine
July 16th 03, 04:06 PM
George > wrote:

>> Bush says that he does not need approval from the U.N.to wage
>> war.& he didn't need the approval of the voters to become
>> president either,did he?
>
>...The President of the US takes this oath:

>"I, name, do solemnly swear...

("Mr. President. Let's try that again. Please say
the words 'George W. Bush' instead of 'name.'" :-)

>There is nothing about asking the UN but it does require him to
>protect the US as he sees fit.

As I recall, the constitution allows the federal government to defend us
against foreign invasion, but other forms of "protecting" are forbidden
to the federal government by the frequently-breached 10th amendment.

Nick

Nick Pine
July 16th 03, 04:06 PM
George > wrote:

>> Bush says that he does not need approval from the U.N.to wage
>> war.& he didn't need the approval of the voters to become
>> president either,did he?
>
>...The President of the US takes this oath:

>"I, name, do solemnly swear...

("Mr. President. Let's try that again. Please say
the words 'George W. Bush' instead of 'name.'" :-)

>There is nothing about asking the UN but it does require him to
>protect the US as he sees fit.

As I recall, the constitution allows the federal government to defend us
against foreign invasion, but other forms of "protecting" are forbidden
to the federal government by the frequently-breached 10th amendment.

Nick

George
July 16th 03, 06:37 PM
"Nick Pine" > wrote in message
> George > wrote:
>
> >> Bush says that he does not need approval from the U.N.to wage
> >> war.& he didn't need the approval of the voters to become
> >> president either,did he?
> >
> >...The President of the US takes this oath:
>
> >"I, name, do solemnly swear...
>
> ("Mr. President. Let's try that again. Please say
> the words 'George W. Bush' instead of 'name.'" :-)

I quoted the "vanilla" oath just to indicate that it applies to all who take
the oath.

> >There is nothing about asking the UN but it does require him to
> >protect the US as he sees fit.
>
> As I recall, the constitution allows the federal government to defend us
> against foreign invasion, but other forms of "protecting" are forbidden
> to the federal government by the frequently-breached 10th amendment.

The preamble of our Constitution summarizes the scope of the Federal
Government's authority:

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union,
establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common
defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to
ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for
the United States of America."

That clearly defines that the founding fathers recognized that it was a good
to have "common defence". Since the president is the chief executive it is
his responsibility to decide how to do it.

The 10th ammendment was written to protect state's rights by defining if the
Constitution does not give specfic authority about something to the Federal
Government the authority remains with the states. It doesn't specify any
restrictions regarding how the Federal government can protect the combined
states:

"Amendment X

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor
prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or
to the people."

> Nick

George
July 16th 03, 06:37 PM
"Nick Pine" > wrote in message
> George > wrote:
>
> >> Bush says that he does not need approval from the U.N.to wage
> >> war.& he didn't need the approval of the voters to become
> >> president either,did he?
> >
> >...The President of the US takes this oath:
>
> >"I, name, do solemnly swear...
>
> ("Mr. President. Let's try that again. Please say
> the words 'George W. Bush' instead of 'name.'" :-)

I quoted the "vanilla" oath just to indicate that it applies to all who take
the oath.

> >There is nothing about asking the UN but it does require him to
> >protect the US as he sees fit.
>
> As I recall, the constitution allows the federal government to defend us
> against foreign invasion, but other forms of "protecting" are forbidden
> to the federal government by the frequently-breached 10th amendment.

The preamble of our Constitution summarizes the scope of the Federal
Government's authority:

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union,
establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common
defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to
ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for
the United States of America."

That clearly defines that the founding fathers recognized that it was a good
to have "common defence". Since the president is the chief executive it is
his responsibility to decide how to do it.

The 10th ammendment was written to protect state's rights by defining if the
Constitution does not give specfic authority about something to the Federal
Government the authority remains with the states. It doesn't specify any
restrictions regarding how the Federal government can protect the combined
states:

"Amendment X

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor
prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or
to the people."

> Nick

Luke
July 16th 03, 07:21 PM
On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 12:33:00 GMT, "George" >
wrote:

>"cyber" > wrote in message
[snip]
>> Bush says that he does not need approval from the U.N.to wage
>> war.& he didn't need the approval of the voters to become
>> president either,did he?
>
>Your statement makes you sound ill-informed.

You Bushies always use the same "ill-informed" line.

>The President of the US takes this oath:
>"I, name, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the
>office of President of the United States, and I will to the best of my
>ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United
>States." There is nothing about asking the UN but it does require him to
>protect the US as he sees fit.

Read what you wrote/quoted again: it says protect etc. the
"Constitution," not the "US." By *your* words Bush should be impeached
for an illegal invasion of a sovereign nation and violating the
Constitution with the so-called Patriot Act. And, yes, a whole bunch
of congresspersons of both parties who conspired in these seditions
should also be impeached.

>The US President is elected by the electoral college as required by our
>Constitution and not by popular vote. That is our current system. If you
>disagree with the concept then maybe you can start working on a
>Constitutional ammendment.

And this "President" was appointed by the Supreme Court, denying
Florida voters their right to select electors, in flagrant violation
of so-called conservatives much touted "states' rights," which they
trot out only when convenient to their purposes.

--
Luke
"There's an old saying in Tennessee -- I know it's in Texas, probably

wrote:

>"cyber" > wrote in message
[snip]
>> Bush says that he does not need approval from the U.N.to wage
>> war.& he didn't need the approval of the voters to become
>> president either,did he?
>
>Your statement makes you sound ill-informed.

You Bushies always use the same "ill-informed" line.

>The President of the US takes this oath:
>"I, name, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the
>office of President of the United States, and I will to the best of my
>ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United
>States." There is nothing about asking the UN but it does require him to
>protect the US as he sees fit.

Read what you wrote/quoted again: it says protect etc. the
"Constitution," not the "US." By *your* words Bush should be impeached
for an illegal invasion of a sovereign nation and violating the
Constitution with the so-called Patriot Act. And, yes, a whole bunch
of congresspersons of both parties who conspired in these seditions
should also be impeached.

>The US President is elected by the electoral college as required by our
>Constitution and not by popular vote. That is our current system. If you
>disagree with the concept then maybe you can start working on a
>Constitutional ammendment.

And this "President" was appointed by the Supreme Court, denying
Florida voters their right to select electors, in flagrant violation
of so-called conservatives much touted "states' rights," which they
trot out only when convenient to their purposes.

--
Luke
"There's an old saying in Tennessee -- I know it's in Texas, probably
in Tennessee...that says, fool me once, shame on......shame on you.
Fool me...you can't get fooled again."
-- George W. Bush, Nashville, TN, Sept. 17, 2002

George
July 17th 03, 02:33 PM
"Luke" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 12:33:00 GMT, "George" >
> wrote:
>
> >"cyber" > wrote in message
> [snip]
> >> Bush says that he does not need approval from the U.N.to wage
> >> war.& he didn't need the approval of the voters to become
> >> president either,did he?
> >
> >Your statement makes you sound ill-informed.
>
> You Bushies always use the same "ill-informed" line.
>
> >The President of the US takes this oath:
> >"I, name, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute
the
> >office of President of the United States, and I will to the best of my
> >ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United
> >States." There is nothing about asking the UN but it does require him
> >protect the US as he sees fit.
>
> Read what you wrote/quoted again: it says protect etc. the
> "Constitution," not the "US." By *your* words Bush should be impeached

I am sure you understand the idea of symbolism and have heard such ideas as
"defend the flag" etc . When the president swears to defend the Constitution
it certainly doesn't mean he should wrap it up and hide it somewhere...

"Luke" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 12:33:00 GMT, "George" >
> wrote:
>
> >"cyber" > wrote in message
> [snip]
> >> Bush says that he does not need approval from the U.N.to wage
> >> war.& he didn't need the approval of the voters to become
> >> president either,did he?
> >
> >Your statement makes you sound ill-informed.
>
> You Bushies always use the same "ill-informed" line.
>
> >The President of the US takes this oath:
> >"I, name, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute
the
> >office of President of the United States, and I will to the best of my
> >ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United
> >States." There is nothing about asking the UN but it does require him
> >protect the US as he sees fit.
>
> Read what you wrote/quoted again: it says protect etc. the
> "Constitution," not the "US." By *your* words Bush should be impeached

I am sure you understand the idea of symbolism and have heard such ideas as
"defend the flag" etc . When the president swears to defend the Constitution
it certainly doesn't mean he should wrap it up and hide it somewhere...

> for an illegal invasion of a sovereign nation and violating the
> Constitution with the so-called Patriot Act. And, yes, a whole bunch
> of congresspersons of both parties who conspired in these seditions
> should also be impeached.
>
> >The US President is elected by the electoral college as required by our
> >Constitution and not by popular vote. That is our current system. If you
> >disagree with the concept then maybe you can start working on a
> >Constitutional ammendment.
>
> And this "President" was appointed by the Supreme Court, denying
> Florida voters their right to select electors, in flagrant violation
> of so-called conservatives much touted "states' rights," which they
> trot out only when convenient to their purposes.
>
> --
> Luke
> "There's an old saying in Tennessee -- I know it's in Texas, probably
> in Tennessee...that says, fool me once, shame on......shame on you.
> Fool me...you can't get fooled again."
> -- George W. Bush, Nashville, TN, Sept. 17, 2002

Google