PDA

View Full Version : Re: Where to post photos for free?

Harper Hill
July 17th 03, 05:08 AM
The Real Bev > writes:

>...that doesn't make the viewer log in or jump through hoops. Thing of
>the past?

Have you checked out Kodak's Ofoto web site? I think it's free to upload,
store and display your photos - they make their money selling the prints.
http://www.ofoto.com/

--
When you don't know where you're going, every road will take you there.

MerryStahel
July 17th 03, 05:09 AM
Bev,

Webshots allows viewers to go peek at my photos - check my webshots site and
see if that's what you're looking for...

Merry
Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once
http://www.stardancerpress.com/MerryStahel/
http://community.webshots.com/user/merrystahel

MerryStahel
July 17th 03, 05:09 AM
Bev,

Webshots allows viewers to go peek at my photos - check my webshots site and
see if that's what you're looking for...

Merry
Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once
http://www.stardancerpress.com/MerryStahel/
http://community.webshots.com/user/merrystahel

MerryStahel
July 17th 03, 05:17 AM
Oh, ignore the COASTERS album - one of the quilters needed to see a good
picture of the styles, so she could make them.

Merry
Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once
http://www.stardancerpress.com/MerryStahel/
http://community.webshots.com/user/merrystahel

MerryStahel
July 17th 03, 05:17 AM
Oh, ignore the COASTERS album - one of the quilters needed to see a good
picture of the styles, so she could make them.

Merry
Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once
http://www.stardancerpress.com/MerryStahel/
http://community.webshots.com/user/merrystahel

MerryStahel
July 17th 03, 07:35 AM

>Yeah, that looks pretty good. Funny, I envisioned you with dark hair...

It used to be red. Its getting brown as I age - and there's this way kewl gray
streak on the left in front that the kids keep trying to convince me needs a
good dye job.

I am resisting. Who the hell wants to dye their hair week after week, month
after month, year after year, decade after decade....

I have better things to do, like make quilts and write.

Merry <the lazy> <G>
Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once
http://www.stardancerpress.com/MerryStahel/
http://community.webshots.com/user/merrystahel

MerryStahel
July 17th 03, 07:35 AM

>Yeah, that looks pretty good. Funny, I envisioned you with dark hair...

It used to be red. Its getting brown as I age - and there's this way kewl gray
streak on the left in front that the kids keep trying to convince me needs a
good dye job.

I am resisting. Who the hell wants to dye their hair week after week, month
after month, year after year, decade after decade....

I have better things to do, like make quilts and write.

Merry <the lazy> <G>
Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once
http://www.stardancerpress.com/MerryStahel/
http://community.webshots.com/user/merrystahel

The Real Bev
July 17th 03, 07:53 AM
MerryStahel wrote:

> >Yeah, that looks pretty good. Funny, I envisioned you with dark hair...
>
> It used to be red. Its getting brown as I age - and there's this way kewl gray
> streak on the left in front that the kids keep trying to convince me needs a
> good dye job.

Dishwater blonde here, with a <ahem> lighter streak.

> I am resisting. Who the hell wants to dye their hair week after week, month
> after month, year after year, decade after decade....

My daughter just had hers done with half a dozen shades of red streaks.
Looked pretty nifty. Then she bleached most of it out to blonde streaks.
Also looked nice, but the red was really striking. I once frosted my hair
using the plastic cap with a lot of holes and a crochet hook. It looked
pretty good, but my arms ached for days. Not a job to do by yourself...

--
Cheers,
Bev

The Real Bev
July 17th 03, 07:53 AM
MerryStahel wrote:

> >Yeah, that looks pretty good. Funny, I envisioned you with dark hair...
>
> It used to be red. Its getting brown as I age - and there's this way kewl gray
> streak on the left in front that the kids keep trying to convince me needs a
> good dye job.

Dishwater blonde here, with a <ahem> lighter streak.

> I am resisting. Who the hell wants to dye their hair week after week, month
> after month, year after year, decade after decade....

My daughter just had hers done with half a dozen shades of red streaks.
Looked pretty nifty. Then she bleached most of it out to blonde streaks.
Also looked nice, but the red was really striking. I once frosted my hair
using the plastic cap with a lot of holes and a crochet hook. It looked
pretty good, but my arms ached for days. Not a job to do by yourself...

--
Cheers,
Bev
"Everyone ought to stop and smell crayons once in a while."
-- DA

Dennis
July 17th 03, 10:06 PM
On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 18:09:43 GMT, > wrote:

>I got mine posted at my barber school . . . .
>www.midcitiesbarbercollege.com/contactus/
>I'm the lout at the right . . . dunno what's with the curl over my forehead,
>though; it ain't there now . . .

Hey, what happened to the ponytail?

the Dennis formerly known as (evil)

Dennis
July 17th 03, 10:06 PM
On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 18:09:43 GMT, > wrote:

>I got mine posted at my barber school . . . .
>www.midcitiesbarbercollege.com/contactus/
>I'm the lout at the right . . . dunno what's with the curl over my forehead,
>though; it ain't there now . . .

Hey, what happened to the ponytail?

the Dennis formerly known as (evil)

The Real Bev
July 17th 03, 11:31 PM
cozy wrote:

> I think people can just get a free yahoo photo album if they go sign up.
> I'm thinking that the problem with the photo processing places is that they
> give your fotos the boot afterwhile, and I've heard horror stories of people
> who didn't keep their own copies and depended on that for a keeping place.

Jeez, that's sick! I didn't even feel comfy mailing away film for
processing. I just wanted a place to put temporary publicly-available
stuff -- you can't see the MCFL family album stuff unless you join...

--
Cheers,
Bev

The Real Bev
July 17th 03, 11:31 PM
cozy wrote:

> I think people can just get a free yahoo photo album if they go sign up.
> I'm thinking that the problem with the photo processing places is that they
> give your fotos the boot afterwhile, and I've heard horror stories of people
> who didn't keep their own copies and depended on that for a keeping place.

Jeez, that's sick! I didn't even feel comfy mailing away film for
processing. I just wanted a place to put temporary publicly-available
stuff -- you can't see the MCFL family album stuff unless you join...

--
Cheers,
Bev
*Are you *sure* there's a hyphen in "anal-retentive?"*

The Real Bev
July 17th 03, 11:32 PM
Fritz M wrote:

> Pat Meadows > wrote:
>
> > The photo-viewing sites that I checked all require your
> > agreement that the photos become THEIR property, THEIR
> > copyright. I disagree with this on principle and so will
> > not use them.
>
> I use photo.net. Not free, but you retain ownership/copyright of your
> photos.

Anybody who wants to claim ownership of anything that I'd put up is
welcome to it! Webshots seems to be OK.

--

Fritz M wrote:

> Pat Meadows > wrote:
>
> > The photo-viewing sites that I checked all require your
> > agreement that the photos become THEIR property, THEIR
> > copyright. I disagree with this on principle and so will
> > not use them.
>
> I use photo.net. Not free, but you retain ownership/copyright of your
> photos.

Anybody who wants to claim ownership of anything that I'd put up is
welcome to it! Webshots seems to be OK.

--
Cheers,
Bev
*Are you *sure* there's a hyphen in "anal-retentive?"*

The Real Bev

> "The Real Bev" > wrote in message
> > ...that doesn't make the viewer log in or jump through hoops. Thing of
> > the past?
>
> I got mine posted at my barber school . . . .
> www.midcitiesbarbercollege.com/contactus/
> I'm the lout at the right . . . dunno what's with the curl over my forehead,
> though; it ain't there now . . .
> Anyway, just pose for some business with a web site, and send your friends
> there. Very frugal.

Big fellow, aren't you? The picture is really blurry, are you SURE that's
you?

--
Cheers,
Bev
*Are you *sure* there's a hyphen in "anal-retentive?"*

The Real Bev

> "The Real Bev" > wrote in message
> > ...that doesn't make the viewer log in or jump through hoops. Thing of
> > the past?
>
> I got mine posted at my barber school . . . .
> www.midcitiesbarbercollege.com/contactus/
> I'm the lout at the right . . . dunno what's with the curl over my forehead,
> though; it ain't there now . . .
> Anyway, just pose for some business with a web site, and send your friends
> there. Very frugal.

Big fellow, aren't you? The picture is really blurry, are you SURE that's
you?

--
Cheers,
Bev
*Are you *sure* there's a hyphen in "anal-retentive?"*

Karen Wheless
July 18th 03, 01:12 AM
> ...that doesn't make the viewer log in or jump through hoops. Thing of
> the past?

I like clubphoto, primarily because it allows you to upload pictures as
a group. I tried out the Yahoo photo site but you have to upload each
picture individually. Very time consuming.

I checked out about a half dozen of the free photo web sites and found
clubphoto the easiest to use with the least restrictions. It's very
easy for other people to see your pictures - all they have to know is
your email address.

Karen

Karen Wheless
July 18th 03, 01:12 AM
> ...that doesn't make the viewer log in or jump through hoops. Thing of
> the past?

I like clubphoto, primarily because it allows you to upload pictures as
a group. I tried out the Yahoo photo site but you have to upload each
picture individually. Very time consuming.

I checked out about a half dozen of the free photo web sites and found
clubphoto the easiest to use with the least restrictions. It's very
easy for other people to see your pictures - all they have to know is
your email address.

Karen

July 18th 03, 01:23 AM
"The Real Bev" > wrote
. . . s n i p . . .
> Big fellow, aren't you? The picture is really blurry, are you SURE that's
> you?

Blurry, yeah . . . I needed to clean my glasses when that picture was taken
.. . .
--Tock

July 18th 03, 01:23 AM
"The Real Bev" > wrote
. . . s n i p . . .
> Big fellow, aren't you? The picture is really blurry, are you SURE that's
> you?

Blurry, yeah . . . I needed to clean my glasses when that picture was taken
.. . .
--Tock

July 18th 03, 01:33 AM
"Dennis" > wrote
. . . s n i p . . .
> Hey, what happened to the ponytail?
> the Dennis formerly known as (evil)

Well, I gave it up for a few reasons . . .
It worked ok when I was going through beauty school, 'cause there are lots
of long haired hairdressers around--I more or less fit the stereotype.
When I got to barber school, I figured that if I was going to be doing men's
haircuts, I'd probably best have a short haircut myself. Plus, I used to
be able to dry my hair after my morning shower with the air blowing from the
truck's dashboard heater vents on the way to the beauty school, but when I
moved closer to the barber school (5 blocks away), all that changed.
Didn't really want to have to blow dry it the usual way before leaving home
.. . . And, I think I was ready to give it up, anyway. Dealing with long
strands of hair stuck to the truck's headrest was starting to get old . . .
And I had had about as much fun putting streaks of blue in it as I could
stand . . . so, off it went. A lot less hassle, but I still miss it from
time to time . . .
--Tock

July 18th 03, 01:33 AM
"Dennis" > wrote
. . . s n i p . . .
> Hey, what happened to the ponytail?
> the Dennis formerly known as (evil)

Well, I gave it up for a few reasons . . .
It worked ok when I was going through beauty school, 'cause there are lots
of long haired hairdressers around--I more or less fit the stereotype.
When I got to barber school, I figured that if I was going to be doing men's
haircuts, I'd probably best have a short haircut myself. Plus, I used to
be able to dry my hair after my morning shower with the air blowing from the
truck's dashboard heater vents on the way to the beauty school, but when I
moved closer to the barber school (5 blocks away), all that changed.
Didn't really want to have to blow dry it the usual way before leaving home
.. . . And, I think I was ready to give it up, anyway. Dealing with long
strands of hair stuck to the truck's headrest was starting to get old . . .
And I had had about as much fun putting streaks of blue in it as I could
stand . . . so, off it went. A lot less hassle, but I still miss it from
time to time . . .
--Tock

juliehh
July 18th 03, 03:43 AM
MerryStahel > wrote in message
> Oh, ignore the COASTERS album - one of the quilters needed to see a good
> picture of the styles, so she could make them.

LOL i thought you meant a record album by the coasters (or was that
drifters?)
julie

juliehh
July 18th 03, 03:43 AM
MerryStahel > wrote in message
> Oh, ignore the COASTERS album - one of the quilters needed to see a good
> picture of the styles, so she could make them.

LOL i thought you meant a record album by the coasters (or was that
drifters?)
julie

Bob Ward
July 18th 03, 10:07 AM
On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 14:31:19 -0700, The Real Bev
> wrote:

>cozy wrote:
>>
>> I think people can just get a free yahoo photo album if they go sign up.
>> I'm thinking that the problem with the photo processing places is that they
>> give your fotos the boot afterwhile, and I've heard horror stories of people
>> who didn't keep their own copies and depended on that for a keeping place.
>
>Jeez, that's sick! I didn't even feel comfy mailing away film for
>processing. I just wanted a place to put temporary publicly-available
>stuff -- you can't see the MCFL family album stuff unless you join...

Since that's the only to keep out the "hotmouth69fem4fem" types,
that's the way it's going to stay. There isn't any way (that I can
find) to allow people to be able to view the photos without being able
to post them also in the Yahoo Groups.

Bob Ward
July 18th 03, 10:07 AM
On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 14:31:19 -0700, The Real Bev
> wrote:

>cozy wrote:
>>
>> I think people can just get a free yahoo photo album if they go sign up.
>> I'm thinking that the problem with the photo processing places is that they
>> give your fotos the boot afterwhile, and I've heard horror stories of people
>> who didn't keep their own copies and depended on that for a keeping place.
>
>Jeez, that's sick! I didn't even feel comfy mailing away film for
>processing. I just wanted a place to put temporary publicly-available
>stuff -- you can't see the MCFL family album stuff unless you join...

Since that's the only to keep out the "hotmouth69fem4fem" types,
that's the way it's going to stay. There isn't any way (that I can
find) to allow people to be able to view the photos without being able
to post them also in the Yahoo Groups.

The Real Bev
July 19th 03, 02:54 AM
Pat Meadows wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 14:31:19 -0700, The Real Bev
> > wrote:
>
> >cozy wrote:
> >>
> >> I think people can just get a free yahoo photo album if they go sign up.
> >> I'm thinking that the problem with the photo processing places is that they
> >> give your fotos the boot afterwhile, and I've heard horror stories of people
> >> who didn't keep their own copies and depended on that for a keeping place.
> >
> >Jeez, that's sick! I didn't even feel comfy mailing away film for
> >processing. I just wanted a place to put temporary publicly-available
> >stuff -- you can't see the MCFL family album stuff unless you join...
>
> How about putting it up on one of the free website-hosts?
> Such as Geocities? If they still exist.

Why did the moron forget that she already had a geocities account and that
it had a few pictures in it? It really takes a long time to load,
though. Webshots is faster and better.

--
Cheers,
Bev

The Real Bev
July 19th 03, 02:54 AM
Pat Meadows wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 14:31:19 -0700, The Real Bev
> > wrote:
>
> >cozy wrote:
> >>
> >> I think people can just get a free yahoo photo album if they go sign up.
> >> I'm thinking that the problem with the photo processing places is that they
> >> give your fotos the boot afterwhile, and I've heard horror stories of people
> >> who didn't keep their own copies and depended on that for a keeping place.
> >
> >Jeez, that's sick! I didn't even feel comfy mailing away film for
> >processing. I just wanted a place to put temporary publicly-available
> >stuff -- you can't see the MCFL family album stuff unless you join...
>
> How about putting it up on one of the free website-hosts?
> Such as Geocities? If they still exist.

Why did the moron forget that she already had a geocities account and that
it had a few pictures in it? It really takes a long time to load,
though. Webshots is faster and better.

--
Cheers,
Bev
If you are going to try cross-country skiing, start with a small country.

MerryStahel
July 19th 03, 02:54 AM
>Anybody who wants to claim ownership of anything that I'd put up is
>welcome to it! Webshots seems to be OK.

I use Webshots and according to my statistics - 2,864 people have visited and
my photos have been downloaded 29 times. I expected it for the quilts - but 14
of the downloads were from the puppies' file! Guess they think my puppies are
really cute!

BTW, I don't really KNOW 2,864 people, but cruising around the Quilt NG a few
days ago, looking for an old post of instructions - I discovered there are
statistics kept on who signs onto an NG...rec.crafts.textiles.quilting has
9,900 register users.

Merry
Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once
http://www.stardancerpress.com/MerryStahel/
http://community.webshots.com/user/merrystahel

MerryStahel
July 19th 03, 02:54 AM
>Anybody who wants to claim ownership of anything that I'd put up is
>welcome to it! Webshots seems to be OK.

I use Webshots and according to my statistics - 2,864 people have visited and
my photos have been downloaded 29 times. I expected it for the quilts - but 14
of the downloads were from the puppies' file! Guess they think my puppies are
really cute!

BTW, I don't really KNOW 2,864 people, but cruising around the Quilt NG a few
days ago, looking for an old post of instructions - I discovered there are
statistics kept on who signs onto an NG...rec.crafts.textiles.quilting has
9,900 register users.

Merry
Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once
http://www.stardancerpress.com/MerryStahel/
http://community.webshots.com/user/merrystahel

Google