PDA

View Full Version : Re: Re-using glass jar candles??

Gar
July 17th 03, 07:03 PM
On 17 Jul 2003 09:41:21 -0700, (Tina) wrote:

>Hi all! I have several jar candles that can no longer be burned but I
>really like the look of the jars. Could anyone tell me how to get the
>leftover wax out of them? If possible, please reply by email as I may
>not get to check here as quickly ).
>
>Thanks!
>Tina

Remove the metal wick support with a butter knife. Pack a damp paper
towel in the jar. Nuke it for a few seconds and remove the towel by
twisting a dry one over it. Experiment with time and dampness. It
will come out like new after a few times. Be careful. The towel will
be hot.

Gar

Michael Black
July 17th 03, 07:05 PM
Tina ) writes:
> Hi all! I have several jar candles that can no longer be burned but I
> really like the look of the jars. Could anyone tell me how to get the
> leftover wax out of them? If possible, please reply by email as I may
> not get to check here as quickly ).
>
> Thanks!
> Tina

Fill a pot of water, and heat it up on the stove. Immerse the jar
into the water, letting the hot water melt the wax. Pour out the wax;
likely you'll need to wipe it out with a cloth or something. It will
be hot. Now you've got an empty jar.

Michael

Michael Black
July 17th 03, 07:05 PM
Tina ) writes:
> Hi all! I have several jar candles that can no longer be burned but I
> really like the look of the jars. Could anyone tell me how to get the
> leftover wax out of them? If possible, please reply by email as I may
> not get to check here as quickly ).
>
> Thanks!
> Tina

Fill a pot of water, and heat it up on the stove. Immerse the jar
into the water, letting the hot water melt the wax. Pour out the wax;
likely you'll need to wipe it out with a cloth or something. It will
be hot. Now you've got an empty jar.

Michael

Tish Wolfe
July 17th 03, 07:49 PM
"Tina" > wrote in message
om...
> Hi all! I have several jar candles that can no longer be burned but I
> really like the look of the jars. Could anyone tell me how to get the
> leftover wax out of them? If possible, please reply by email as I may
> not get to check here as quickly ).

How much wax? If a lot, try the other suggestions for melting it and pouring
it out. If a little, try putting the jar in the freezer for a few hours or
overnight. Then take it out and push at the wax with a dull knife or similar
implement. I've done this with a few votive holders and the wax pops right
out.

Tish Wolfe
July 17th 03, 07:49 PM
"Tina" > wrote in message
om...
> Hi all! I have several jar candles that can no longer be burned but I
> really like the look of the jars. Could anyone tell me how to get the
> leftover wax out of them? If possible, please reply by email as I may
> not get to check here as quickly ).

How much wax? If a lot, try the other suggestions for melting it and pouring
it out. If a little, try putting the jar in the freezer for a few hours or
overnight. Then take it out and push at the wax with a dull knife or similar
implement. I've done this with a few votive holders and the wax pops right
out.

suzn
July 18th 03, 03:39 AM
"Tina" > wrote in message
om...
> Hi all! I have several jar candles that can no longer be burned but I
> really like the look of the jars. Could anyone tell me how to get the
> leftover wax out of them? If possible, please reply by email as I may
> not get to check here as quickly ).

I just fill it with hot tap water and let it sit for a few minutes then pour
it out (but not down the drain) and wipe the jar with a paper towel.

suzn
July 18th 03, 03:39 AM
"Tina" > wrote in message
om...
> Hi all! I have several jar candles that can no longer be burned but I
> really like the look of the jars. Could anyone tell me how to get the
> leftover wax out of them? If possible, please reply by email as I may
> not get to check here as quickly ).

I just fill it with hot tap water and let it sit for a few minutes then pour
it out (but not down the drain) and wipe the jar with a paper towel.

Google