PDA

View Full Version : placenta recipe - frugal meat

teapot
July 17th 03, 11:04 PM
It had been in the freezer for 6 weeks and I thought my birthday would
be a good a day as any to eat the thing. I was a bit put off by some
photos on the web when I looked for recipes but when it came down to
it, it was an amazing thing to look at. The umbilical cord was there,
cut off where my boyfreind cut it at the birth and we found the cawl,
amazing plasticy stuff. It looked like really fresh, very good
quality meat.

My boyfriend cut off all the membrane and fried it gently with onions
and garlic, he then whizzed it up to make a pate.

Not too many people were keen on trying it, I gagged myself! The
people who liked it were all women, the only bloke to try it was my
boyfreind.

We felt a bit giggly drunk afterwards, dunno if that was the affect of
the placenta or just the adrenalin from doing something so close to
canibalism. When you get over the idea of it it tastes great, I can
only really describe it as tasting healthy, and thats a weird way to
think about meat.

All in all it made it a very special birthday.

teapot

The Real Bev
July 18th 03, 01:48 AM
teapot wrote:

> It had been in the freezer for 6 weeks and I thought my birthday would
> be a good a day as any to eat the thing. I was a bit put off by some
> photos on the web when I looked for recipes but when it came down to
> it, it was an amazing thing to look at. The umbilical cord was there,
> cut off where my boyfreind cut it at the birth and we found the cawl,
> amazing plasticy stuff. It looked like really fresh, very good
> quality meat.

Well, the fresh one I saw didn't look like anything I'd care to eat, and
the photo I took tends to make people look away quickly. BUT did you ever
consider saving the cord blood? Too late now, of course. Maybe next
time.

--
Cheers,
Bev

The Real Bev
July 18th 03, 01:48 AM
teapot wrote:

> It had been in the freezer for 6 weeks and I thought my birthday would
> be a good a day as any to eat the thing. I was a bit put off by some
> photos on the web when I looked for recipes but when it came down to
> it, it was an amazing thing to look at. The umbilical cord was there,
> cut off where my boyfreind cut it at the birth and we found the cawl,
> amazing plasticy stuff. It looked like really fresh, very good
> quality meat.

Well, the fresh one I saw didn't look like anything I'd care to eat, and
the photo I took tends to make people look away quickly. BUT did you ever
consider saving the cord blood? Too late now, of course. Maybe next
time.

--
Cheers,
Bev
---------------------------------------
That's my opinion. Ought to be yours.

Nina
July 18th 03, 03:27 AM
"teapot" > wrote in message
om...
> It had been in the freezer for 6 weeks and I thought my birthday would
> be a good a day as any to eat the thing. I was a bit put off by some
> photos on the web when I looked for recipes but when it came down to
> it, it was an amazing thing to look at. The umbilical cord was there,
> cut off where my boyfreind cut it at the birth and we found the cawl,
> amazing plasticy stuff. It looked like really fresh, very good
> quality meat.
>
> My boyfriend cut off all the membrane and fried it gently with onions
> and garlic, he then whizzed it up to make a pate.
>
> Not too many people were keen on trying it, I gagged myself! The
> people who liked it were all women, the only bloke to try it was my
> boyfreind.
>
> We felt a bit giggly drunk afterwards, dunno if that was the affect of
> the placenta or just the adrenalin from doing something so close to
> canibalism. When you get over the idea of it it tastes great, I can
> only really describe it as tasting healthy, and thats a weird way to
> think about meat.
>
> All in all it made it a very special birthday.

When I saw this on the other NG I was sure it was trolling. I thought I
recognized your name though.
Placenta looks like liver. after once having a miscarriage I cant eat liver
again. Damn sure couldnt eat placenta
*ugh*

Nina
July 18th 03, 03:27 AM
"teapot" > wrote in message
om...
> It had been in the freezer for 6 weeks and I thought my birthday would
> be a good a day as any to eat the thing. I was a bit put off by some
> photos on the web when I looked for recipes but when it came down to
> it, it was an amazing thing to look at. The umbilical cord was there,
> cut off where my boyfreind cut it at the birth and we found the cawl,
> amazing plasticy stuff. It looked like really fresh, very good
> quality meat.
>
> My boyfriend cut off all the membrane and fried it gently with onions
> and garlic, he then whizzed it up to make a pate.
>
> Not too many people were keen on trying it, I gagged myself! The
> people who liked it were all women, the only bloke to try it was my
> boyfreind.
>
> We felt a bit giggly drunk afterwards, dunno if that was the affect of
> the placenta or just the adrenalin from doing something so close to
> canibalism. When you get over the idea of it it tastes great, I can
> only really describe it as tasting healthy, and thats a weird way to
> think about meat.
>
> All in all it made it a very special birthday.

When I saw this on the other NG I was sure it was trolling. I thought I
recognized your name though.
Placenta looks like liver. after once having a miscarriage I cant eat liver
again. Damn sure couldnt eat placenta
*ugh*

JazzMan
July 18th 03, 04:05 AM
suzn wrote:

> "teapot" > wrote in message
> om...
> Oh jeeze....
> I do hope this is a joke.

It works for cats, dogs, and other animals. :)
And they eat it raw...

JazzMan
--
***************************************
Please reply to jsavage"at"airmail.net.

JazzMan
July 18th 03, 04:05 AM
suzn wrote:

> "teapot" > wrote in message
> om...
> Oh jeeze....
> I do hope this is a joke.

It works for cats, dogs, and other animals. :)
And they eat it raw...

JazzMan
--
***************************************
Please reply to jsavage"at"airmail.net.
Curse those darned bulk e-mailers!
***************************************

lpogoda
July 18th 03, 04:09 AM
teapot wrote in message >...

>We felt a bit giggly drunk afterwards, dunno if that was the affect of
>the placenta or just the adrenalin from doing something so close to
>canibalism.

If you're talking human placenta, there's nothing "close" about it - it _is_
canabalism.

lpogoda
July 18th 03, 04:09 AM
teapot wrote in message >...

>We felt a bit giggly drunk afterwards, dunno if that was the affect of
>the placenta or just the adrenalin from doing something so close to
>canibalism.

If you're talking human placenta, there's nothing "close" about it - it _is_
canabalism.

suzn
July 18th 03, 04:26 AM
"JazzMan" > wrote in message

> It works for cats, dogs, and other animals. :)
> And they eat it raw...

well thank goodness we humans don't have to go to those extremes....
I just cant picture any woman chewing thru that cord, eating the after-birth
and cleaning her baby in the same manner animals do. I suppose it may cut
down the population though if we had to do this. :)

suzn
July 18th 03, 04:26 AM
"JazzMan" > wrote in message

> It works for cats, dogs, and other animals. :)
> And they eat it raw...

well thank goodness we humans don't have to go to those extremes....
I just cant picture any woman chewing thru that cord, eating the after-birth
and cleaning her baby in the same manner animals do. I suppose it may cut
down the population though if we had to do this. :)

teapot
July 18th 03, 09:26 AM
The Real Bev > wrote in message >...
> teapot wrote:
> >
> > It had been in the freezer for 6 weeks and I thought my birthday would
> > be a good a day as any to eat the thing. I was a bit put off by some
> > photos on the web when I looked for recipes but when it came down to
> > it, it was an amazing thing to look at. The umbilical cord was there,
> > cut off where my boyfreind cut it at the birth and we found the cawl,
> > amazing plasticy stuff. It looked like really fresh, very good
> > quality meat.
>
> Well, the fresh one I saw didn't look like anything I'd care to eat, and
> the photo I took tends to make people look away quickly. BUT did you ever
> consider saving the cord blood? Too late now, of course. Maybe next
> time.

The cord had stopped pulsating by the time he came out so it wasnt an option.
Teapot

teapot
July 18th 03, 09:26 AM
The Real Bev > wrote in message >...
> teapot wrote:
> >
> > It had been in the freezer for 6 weeks and I thought my birthday would
> > be a good a day as any to eat the thing. I was a bit put off by some
> > photos on the web when I looked for recipes but when it came down to
> > it, it was an amazing thing to look at. The umbilical cord was there,
> > cut off where my boyfreind cut it at the birth and we found the cawl,
> > amazing plasticy stuff. It looked like really fresh, very good
> > quality meat.
>
> Well, the fresh one I saw didn't look like anything I'd care to eat, and
> the photo I took tends to make people look away quickly. BUT did you ever
> consider saving the cord blood? Too late now, of course. Maybe next
> time.

The cord had stopped pulsating by the time he came out so it wasnt an option.
Teapot

July 18th 03, 10:59 AM
I had read that the placenta should be eaten when it is fresh within 3
days. There are several receipes including drying and mincing into a
powder to fill capsules. In some cultures it is eaten to give the
mother back some strengh and vitamins. Though I've never done it with
mine, I guess it does make some sense.

July 18th 03, 10:59 AM
I had read that the placenta should be eaten when it is fresh within 3
days. There are several receipes including drying and mincing into a
powder to fill capsules. In some cultures it is eaten to give the
mother back some strengh and vitamins. Though I've never done it with
mine, I guess it does make some sense.

Chloe
July 18th 03, 02:00 PM
"Nina" > wrote in message
.. .

> "teapot" > wrote in message
> om...
> > It had been in the freezer for 6 weeks and I thought my birthday would
> > be a good a day as any to eat the thing. I was a bit put off by some
> > photos on the web when I looked for recipes but when it came down to
> > it, it was an amazing thing to look at. The umbilical cord was there,
> > cut off where my boyfreind cut it at the birth and we found the cawl,
> > amazing plasticy stuff. It looked like really fresh, very good
> > quality meat.
> >
> > My boyfriend cut off all the membrane and fried it gently with onions
> > and garlic, he then whizzed it up to make a pate.
> >
> > Not too many people were keen on trying it, I gagged myself! The
> > people who liked it were all women, the only bloke to try it was my
> > boyfreind.
> >
> > We felt a bit giggly drunk afterwards, dunno if that was the affect of
> > the placenta or just the adrenalin from doing something so close to
> > canibalism. When you get over the idea of it it tastes great, I can
> > only really describe it as tasting healthy, and thats a weird way to
> > think about meat.
> >
> > All in all it made it a very special birthday.
> >

> When I saw this on the other NG I was sure it was trolling. I thought I
> recognized your name though.
> Placenta looks like liver. after once having a miscarriage I cant eat
liver
> again. Damn sure couldnt eat placenta
> *ugh*

I sure hope someone has thought to cross post this thread to the childfree
newsgroup. I hate to think about those folks missing out.

C., not usually squeamish but this is making me want to vomit

Chloe
July 18th 03, 02:00 PM
"Nina" > wrote in message
.. .

> "teapot" > wrote in message
> om...
> > It had been in the freezer for 6 weeks and I thought my birthday would
> > be a good a day as any to eat the thing. I was a bit put off by some
> > photos on the web when I looked for recipes but when it came down to
> > it, it was an amazing thing to look at. The umbilical cord was there,
> > cut off where my boyfreind cut it at the birth and we found the cawl,
> > amazing plasticy stuff. It looked like really fresh, very good
> > quality meat.
> >
> > My boyfriend cut off all the membrane and fried it gently with onions
> > and garlic, he then whizzed it up to make a pate.
> >
> > Not too many people were keen on trying it, I gagged myself! The
> > people who liked it were all women, the only bloke to try it was my
> > boyfreind.
> >
> > We felt a bit giggly drunk afterwards, dunno if that was the affect of
> > the placenta or just the adrenalin from doing something so close to
> > canibalism. When you get over the idea of it it tastes great, I can
> > only really describe it as tasting healthy, and thats a weird way to
> > think about meat.
> >
> > All in all it made it a very special birthday.
> >

> When I saw this on the other NG I was sure it was trolling. I thought I
> recognized your name though.
> Placenta looks like liver. after once having a miscarriage I cant eat
liver
> again. Damn sure couldnt eat placenta
> *ugh*

I sure hope someone has thought to cross post this thread to the childfree
newsgroup. I hate to think about those folks missing out.

C., not usually squeamish but this is making me want to vomit

Joe Agro
July 18th 03, 02:05 PM
I cross posted (forwarded actually) it to a motorcycle chat group I
frequent - where it was accepted about the same as here or maybe even
better. Seems we have an international crowd there with some who support it
openly and a lot with questions - and of course a few who now want to beat
me silly. :)

I posted it anonymously to protect the original message sender though so
unless they jump over here by choice, they won't have a clue who sent it,
etc. I didn't even include the newsgroup name.

Regards,
Joe - VROC #8013 - '86 VN750 - joe @ yunx .com - 973.571.1456 24/7

Ask me about "The Ride" on July 26: http://www.youthelate.com/the_ride.htm

$0.03 bargain: http://tinyurl.com/9sz6

"Chloe" > wrote in message
> "Nina" > wrote in message
> .. .
> >
> > "teapot" > wrote in message
> > om...
> > > It had been in the freezer for 6 weeks and I thought my birthday would
> > > be a good a day as any to eat the thing. I was a bit put off by some
> > > photos on the web when I looked for recipes but when it came down to
> > > it, it was an amazing thing to look at. The umbilical cord was there,
> > > cut off where my boyfreind cut it at the birth and we found the cawl,
> > > amazing plasticy stuff. It looked like really fresh, very good
> > > quality meat.
> > >
> > > My boyfriend cut off all the membrane and fried it gently with onions
> > > and garlic, he then whizzed it up to make a pate.
> > >
> > > Not too many people were keen on trying it, I gagged myself! The
> > > people who liked it were all women, the only bloke to try it was my
> > > boyfreind.
> > >
> > > We felt a bit giggly drunk afterwards, dunno if that was the affect of
> > > the placenta or just the adrenalin from doing something so close to
> > > canibalism. When you get over the idea of it it tastes great, I can
> > > only really describe it as tasting healthy, and thats a weird way to
> > > think about meat.
> > >
> > > All in all it made it a very special birthday.
> > >

> > When I saw this on the other NG I was sure it was trolling. I thought I
> > recognized your name though.
> > Placenta looks like liver. after once having a miscarriage I cant eat
> liver
> > again. Damn sure couldnt eat placenta
> > *ugh*
>
> I sure hope someone has thought to cross post this thread to the childfree
> newsgroup. I hate to think about those folks missing out.
>
> C., not usually squeamish but this is making me want to vomit

silvasurfa
July 18th 03, 04:54 PM
> I posted it anonymously to protect the original message sender though so
> unless they jump over here by choice, they won't have a clue who sent it,
> etc. I didn't even include the newsgroup name.
>
> Regards,
> Joe - VROC #8013 - '86 VN750 - joe @ yunx .com - 973.571.1456 24/7

Google will find it for them.

silvasurfa
July 18th 03, 04:54 PM
> I posted it anonymously to protect the original message sender though so
> unless they jump over here by choice, they won't have a clue who sent it,
> etc. I didn't even include the newsgroup name.
>
> Regards,
> Joe - VROC #8013 - '86 VN750 - joe @ yunx .com - 973.571.1456 24/7

Google will find it for them.

teapot
July 18th 03, 07:32 PM
"Chloe" > wrote in message >...
> "Nina" > wrote in message
> .. .
> >
> > "teapot" > wrote in message
> > om...
> > >snip
> > > My boyfriend cut off all the membrane and fried it gently with onions
> > > and garlic, he then whizzed it up to make a pate.
> > >
> > > Not too many people were keen on trying it, I gagged myself! The
> > > people who liked it were all women, the only bloke to try it was my
> > > boyfreind.
> > >
> > > We felt a bit giggly drunk afterwards, dunno if that was the affect of
> > > the placenta or just the adrenalin from doing something so close to
> > > canibalism. When you get over the idea of it it tastes great, I can
> > > only really describe it as tasting healthy, and thats a weird way to
> > > think about meat.
> > >
> > > All in all it made it a very special birthday.
> > >

> > When I saw this on the other NG I was sure it was trolling. I thought I
> > recognized your name though.
> > Placenta looks like liver. after once having a miscarriage I cant eat
> liver
> > again. Damn sure couldnt eat placenta
> > *ugh*
>
> I sure hope someone has thought to cross post this thread to the childfree
> newsgroup. I hate to think about those folks missing out.

snip

I have been a regular on misc.kids.pregnancy and am now on
misc.kids.breastfeeding and I posted it there. Can't work out cross
posting on google though.

teapot

teapot
July 18th 03, 07:32 PM
"Chloe" > wrote in message >...
> "Nina" > wrote in message
> .. .
> >
> > "teapot" > wrote in message
> > om...
> > >snip
> > > My boyfriend cut off all the membrane and fried it gently with onions
> > > and garlic, he then whizzed it up to make a pate.
> > >
> > > Not too many people were keen on trying it, I gagged myself! The
> > > people who liked it were all women, the only bloke to try it was my
> > > boyfreind.
> > >
> > > We felt a bit giggly drunk afterwards, dunno if that was the affect of
> > > the placenta or just the adrenalin from doing something so close to
> > > canibalism. When you get over the idea of it it tastes great, I can
> > > only really describe it as tasting healthy, and thats a weird way to
> > > think about meat.
> > >
> > > All in all it made it a very special birthday.
> > >

> > When I saw this on the other NG I was sure it was trolling. I thought I
> > recognized your name though.
> > Placenta looks like liver. after once having a miscarriage I cant eat
> liver
> > again. Damn sure couldnt eat placenta
> > *ugh*
>
> I sure hope someone has thought to cross post this thread to the childfree
> newsgroup. I hate to think about those folks missing out.

snip

I have been a regular on misc.kids.pregnancy and am now on
misc.kids.breastfeeding and I posted it there. Can't work out cross
posting on google though.

teapot

teapot
July 18th 03, 07:37 PM
no need to post it anonymously (but thanks for thinking of me) and I
ma happy to answer questions. What was the group and I will have a
look for your post.

cheers

teapot

"Joe Agro" <joe @ yunx . com> wrote in message >...
> [...]

> Joe - VROC #8013 - '86 VN750 - joe @ yunx .com - 973.571.1456 24/7
>
> Ask me about "The Ride" on July 26: http://www.youthelate.com/the_ride.htm
>
> $0.03 bargain: http://tinyurl.com/9sz6
> "Chloe" > wrote in message
> > "Nina" > wrote in message
> > .. .
> > >
> > > "teapot" > wrote in message
> > > om...

> > > When I saw this on the other NG I was sure it was trolling. I thought I
> > > recognized your name though.
> > > Placenta looks like liver. after once having a miscarriage I cant eat
> liver
> > > again. Damn sure couldnt eat placenta
> > > *ugh*
> >
> > I sure hope someone has thought to cross post this thread to the childfree
> > newsgroup. I hate to think about those folks missing out.
> >
> > C., not usually squeamish but this is making me want to vomit

ares
July 18th 03, 08:01 PM
Major barf, now I've heard everything.
ares

> C., not usually squeamish but this is making me want to vomit

ares
July 18th 03, 08:01 PM
Major barf, now I've heard everything.
ares

> C., not usually squeamish but this is making me want to vomit

Chloe
July 18th 03, 08:09 PM
"ares" > wrote in message
> Major barf, now I've heard everything.
> ares

Well, I'd heard of this practice before. The worst part is, it's certainly
on topic for this newsgroup as a frugal and readily available (under the
right circumstances) source of nourishment.

"ares" > wrote in message
> Major barf, now I've heard everything.
> ares

Well, I'd heard of this practice before. The worst part is, it's certainly
on topic for this newsgroup as a frugal and readily available (under the
right circumstances) source of nourishment.

> > C., not usually squeamish but this is making me want to vomit

silvasurfa
July 18th 03, 08:19 PM
"Chloe" > wrote in message
> "ares" > wrote in message
> > Major barf, now I've heard everything.
> > ares
>
> Well, I'd heard of this practice before. The worst part is, it's certainly
> on topic for this newsgroup as a frugal and readily available (under the
> right circumstances) source of nourishment.

'spose you could feed it to your pets, but it might give them a taste for
human flesh...

silvasurfa
July 18th 03, 08:19 PM
"Chloe" > wrote in message
> "ares" > wrote in message
> > Major barf, now I've heard everything.
> > ares
>
> Well, I'd heard of this practice before. The worst part is, it's certainly
> on topic for this newsgroup as a frugal and readily available (under the
> right circumstances) source of nourishment.

'spose you could feed it to your pets, but it might give them a taste for
human flesh...

Tsu Dho Poster
July 18th 03, 10:53 PM
"silvasurfa" > wrote in message news:OSWR

> "Chloe" > wrote in message
> > "ares" > wrote in message
> > > Major barf, now I've heard everything.
> > > ares
> >
> > Well, I'd heard of this practice before. The worst part is, it's
certainly
> > on topic for this newsgroup as a frugal and readily available (under the
> > right circumstances) source of nourishment.
>

> 'spose you could feed it to your pets, but it might give them a taste for
> human flesh...

LOL!

(probably not...given the choice I think they'd prefer hormone &
pesticide-free meat)

Tsu Dho Poster
July 18th 03, 10:53 PM
"silvasurfa" > wrote in message news:OSWR

> "Chloe" > wrote in message
> > "ares" > wrote in message
> > > Major barf, now I've heard everything.
> > > ares
> >
> > Well, I'd heard of this practice before. The worst part is, it's
certainly
> > on topic for this newsgroup as a frugal and readily available (under the
> > right circumstances) source of nourishment.
>

> 'spose you could feed it to your pets, but it might give them a taste for
> human flesh...

LOL!

(probably not...given the choice I think they'd prefer hormone &
pesticide-free meat)

Joe Agro
July 18th 03, 11:29 PM
Private newsgroup located at vroc.org. Their tech talk group if you can
access it. I'm not sure they list it on the web any longer as I couldn't
find it from work last week.

Regards,
Joe - VROC #8013 - '86 VN750 - joe @ yunx .com - 973.571.1456 24/7

Ask me about "The Ride" on July 26: http://www.youthelate.com/the_ride.htm

$0.03 bargain: http://tinyurl.com/9sz6
"teapot" > wrote in message
om...
> no need to post it anonymously (but thanks for thinking of me) and I
> ma happy to answer questions. What was the group and I will have a
> look for your post.
>
> cheers
>
> teapot
>
> "Joe Agro" <joe @ yunx . com> wrote in message
> > I cross posted (forwarded actually) it to a motorcycle chat group I
> > frequent - where it was accepted about the same as here or maybe even
> > better. Seems we have an international crowd there with some who
support it
> > openly and a lot with questions - and of course a few who now want to
beat
> > me silly. :)
> >
> > I posted it anonymously to protect the original message sender though so
> > unless they jump over here by choice, they won't have a clue who sent
it,
> > etc. I didn't even include the newsgroup name.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Joe - VROC #8013 - '86 VN750 - joe @ yunx .com - 973.571.1456 24/7
> >
> > Ask me about "The Ride" on July 26:
http://www.youthelate.com/the_ride.htm

> > $0.03 bargain: http://tinyurl.com/9sz6
> > "Chloe" > wrote in message
> > > "Nina" > wrote in message
> > > .. .

> > liver
> > >
> > > I sure hope someone has thought to cross post this thread to the
childfree
> > > newsgroup. I hate to think about those folks missing out.
> > >
> > > C., not usually squeamish but this is making me want to vomit

Joe Agro
July 18th 03, 11:29 PM
Private newsgroup located at vroc.org. Their tech talk group if you can
access it. I'm not sure they list it on the web any longer as I couldn't
find it from work last week.

Regards,
Joe - VROC #8013 - '86 VN750 - joe @ yunx .com - 973.571.1456 24/7

Ask me about "The Ride" on July 26: http://www.youthelate.com/the_ride.htm

$0.03 bargain: http://tinyurl.com/9sz6
"teapot" > wrote in message
om...
> no need to post it anonymously (but thanks for thinking of me) and I
> ma happy to answer questions. What was the group and I will have a
> look for your post.
>
> cheers
>
> teapot
>
> "Joe Agro" <joe @ yunx . com> wrote in message
> > I cross posted (forwarded actually) it to a motorcycle chat group I
> > frequent - where it was accepted about the same as here or maybe even
> > better. Seems we have an international crowd there with some who
support it
> > openly and a lot with questions - and of course a few who now want to
beat
> > me silly. :)
> >
> > I posted it anonymously to protect the original message sender though so
> > unless they jump over here by choice, they won't have a clue who sent
it,
> > etc. I didn't even include the newsgroup name.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Joe - VROC #8013 - '86 VN750 - joe @ yunx .com - 973.571.1456 24/7
> >
> > Ask me about "The Ride" on July 26:
http://www.youthelate.com/the_ride.htm

> > $0.03 bargain: http://tinyurl.com/9sz6
> > "Chloe" > wrote in message
> > > "Nina" > wrote in message
> > > .. .

> > liver
> > >
> > > I sure hope someone has thought to cross post this thread to the
childfree
> > > newsgroup. I hate to think about those folks missing out.
> > >
> > > C., not usually squeamish but this is making me want to vomit

Deadend
July 19th 03, 12:10 AM
wrote in message >...
> I had read that the placenta should be eaten when it is fresh within 3
> days. There are several receipes including drying and mincing into a
> powder to fill capsules. In some cultures it is eaten to give the
> mother back some strengh and vitamins. Though I've never done it with
> mine, I guess it does make some sense.

So, is it like chicken, would it make a good piccata? "Placenta
piccata" has a nice right to it. Of course I like not only using
capers but also caper berries as well. I've even read, but never tried
using nicoise olives as well. But either way, I suppose this would be
best served with a sauvignon blanc. Or perhaps placenta is more gamey
or robust? In that case it may benefit from simmering in a red sauce
over bowtie pasta, perhaps with some malliardized pearl onions for
garnish. If this was the case, then the best wine pairing would be a
nice cab or a beefy merlot.

Regards,

Deadend

Deadend
July 19th 03, 12:10 AM
wrote in message >...
> I had read that the placenta should be eaten when it is fresh within 3
> days. There are several receipes including drying and mincing into a
> powder to fill capsules. In some cultures it is eaten to give the
> mother back some strengh and vitamins. Though I've never done it with
> mine, I guess it does make some sense.

So, is it like chicken, would it make a good piccata? "Placenta
piccata" has a nice right to it. Of course I like not only using
capers but also caper berries as well. I've even read, but never tried
using nicoise olives as well. But either way, I suppose this would be
best served with a sauvignon blanc. Or perhaps placenta is more gamey
or robust? In that case it may benefit from simmering in a red sauce
over bowtie pasta, perhaps with some malliardized pearl onions for
garnish. If this was the case, then the best wine pairing would be a
nice cab or a beefy merlot.

Regards,

Deadend

Jenrose
July 19th 03, 02:44 AM
"Deadend" > wrote in message
m...
> wrote in message
> > I had read that the placenta should be eaten when it is fresh within 3
> > days. There are several receipes including drying and mincing into a
> > powder to fill capsules. In some cultures it is eaten to give the
> > mother back some strengh and vitamins. Though I've never done it with
> > mine, I guess it does make some sense.
>
> So, is it like chicken, would it make a good piccata? "Placenta
> piccata" has a nice right to it. Of course I like not only using
> capers but also caper berries as well. I've even read, but never tried
> using nicoise olives as well. But either way, I suppose this would be
> best served with a sauvignon blanc. Or perhaps placenta is more gamey
> or robust? In that case it may benefit from simmering in a red sauce
> over bowtie pasta, perhaps with some malliardized pearl onions for
> garnish. If this was the case, then the best wine pairing would be a
> nice cab or a beefy merlot.
>
> Regards,
>
> Deadend

Truly, there are very few things that couldn't be done with placenta that
could be done with most other meats.

Jenrose <--who has never eaten a placenta but doesn't see why it's such a
scary thing to most people

Jenrose
July 19th 03, 02:44 AM
"Deadend" > wrote in message
m...
> wrote in message
> > I had read that the placenta should be eaten when it is fresh within 3
> > days. There are several receipes including drying and mincing into a
> > powder to fill capsules. In some cultures it is eaten to give the
> > mother back some strengh and vitamins. Though I've never done it with
> > mine, I guess it does make some sense.
>
> So, is it like chicken, would it make a good piccata? "Placenta
> piccata" has a nice right to it. Of course I like not only using
> capers but also caper berries as well. I've even read, but never tried
> using nicoise olives as well. But either way, I suppose this would be
> best served with a sauvignon blanc. Or perhaps placenta is more gamey
> or robust? In that case it may benefit from simmering in a red sauce
> over bowtie pasta, perhaps with some malliardized pearl onions for
> garnish. If this was the case, then the best wine pairing would be a
> nice cab or a beefy merlot.
>
> Regards,
>
> Deadend

Truly, there are very few things that couldn't be done with placenta that
could be done with most other meats.

Jenrose <--who has never eaten a placenta but doesn't see why it's such a
scary thing to most people

The Real Bev
July 19th 03, 05:32 AM
Jenrose wrote:

> "Deadend" > wrote:
>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > I had read that the placenta should be eaten when it is fresh within 3
> > > days. There are several receipes including drying and mincing into a
> > > powder to fill capsules. In some cultures it is eaten to give the
> > > mother back some strengh and vitamins. Though I've never done it with
> > > mine, I guess it does make some sense.
> >
> > So, is it like chicken, would it make a good piccata? "Placenta
> > piccata" has a nice right to it. Of course I like not only using
> > capers but also caper berries as well. I've even read, but never tried
> > using nicoise olives as well. But either way, I suppose this would be
> > best served with a sauvignon blanc. Or perhaps placenta is more gamey
> > or robust? In that case it may benefit from simmering in a red sauce
> > over bowtie pasta, perhaps with some malliardized pearl onions for
> > garnish. If this was the case, then the best wine pairing would be a
> > nice cab or a beefy merlot.
>
> Truly, there are very few things that couldn't be done with placenta that
> could be done with most other meats.
>
> Jenrose <--who has never eaten a placenta but doesn't see why it's such a
> scary thing to most people

I don't eat guts, especially my own.

--
Cheers,
Bev

The Real Bev
July 19th 03, 05:32 AM
Jenrose wrote:

> "Deadend" > wrote:
>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > I had read that the placenta should be eaten when it is fresh within 3
> > > days. There are several receipes including drying and mincing into a
> > > powder to fill capsules. In some cultures it is eaten to give the
> > > mother back some strengh and vitamins. Though I've never done it with
> > > mine, I guess it does make some sense.
> >
> > So, is it like chicken, would it make a good piccata? "Placenta
> > piccata" has a nice right to it. Of course I like not only using
> > capers but also caper berries as well. I've even read, but never tried
> > using nicoise olives as well. But either way, I suppose this would be
> > best served with a sauvignon blanc. Or perhaps placenta is more gamey
> > or robust? In that case it may benefit from simmering in a red sauce
> > over bowtie pasta, perhaps with some malliardized pearl onions for
> > garnish. If this was the case, then the best wine pairing would be a
> > nice cab or a beefy merlot.
>
> Truly, there are very few things that couldn't be done with placenta that
> could be done with most other meats.
>
> Jenrose <--who has never eaten a placenta but doesn't see why it's such a
> scary thing to most people

I don't eat guts, especially my own.

--
Cheers,
Bev
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooo
If it weren't for pain, we wouldn't have any fun at all.

silvasurfa
July 19th 03, 07:32 AM
"The Real Bev" > wrote in message
> Jenrose wrote:
> >
> > "Deadend" > wrote:

> > Truly, there are very few things that couldn't be done with placenta
that
> > could be done with most other meats.
> >
> > Jenrose <--who has never eaten a placenta but doesn't see why it's such
> > scary thing to most people
>
> I don't eat guts, especially my own.
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Bev

Genetically the placenta is an organ of the baby. So when a mother eats
placenta, she is eating a bit of her baby. I'd feel less squicky about the
idea if it was genetically the mother's organ. I've got a sneaking suspicion
there are darn good reasons why the placenta/womb interface is so good at
transfering food and waste without transfering blood, and not all of them
are to do with bloodtype mismatches etc.

You are right in that placenta is offal... but a fresh one certainly looks
nicer than all the yucky stale offal you might find in a supermarket display
cabinet. Pictures don't do it justice IMHO... a good fresh placenta just
glistens with a certain luscious healthiness (or maybe that's just my
hormonal state when I saw my babies' placentas) In hunter gatherer
societies, offal is usually regarded as a food reserved for the hunters,
because it loses quality so quickly. Hunters will often build a fire and
grill the offal then and there, and eat it to sustain them as they carry the
beast back to the campsite. After childbirth when the placenta is cooked
might be the only time in her entire life a hunter gatherer woman eats
offal.

One of the frugal aspects of placenta eating is that most anecdotal evidence
seems to indicate it reduces lochia (bleeding after the birth) a heck of a
lot... this could reduce the period of time that sanitary napkins are
required for from weeks to days. So it is environmentally friendly too.

From a moral point of view, placenta eating is probably morally superior to
ordinary meat eating, as the meat is produced as a result of a process in
which the meat producing creature gains something, rather than as a result
of a process that causes loss to the creature. Still, I'd rather have a nice
steak cut from cow or a lamb chop or a piece of ham any day.

silvasurfa
July 19th 03, 07:32 AM
"The Real Bev" > wrote in message
> Jenrose wrote:
> >
> > "Deadend" > wrote:

> > Truly, there are very few things that couldn't be done with placenta
that
> > could be done with most other meats.
> >
> > Jenrose <--who has never eaten a placenta but doesn't see why it's such
> > scary thing to most people
>
> I don't eat guts, especially my own.
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Bev

Genetically the placenta is an organ of the baby. So when a mother eats
placenta, she is eating a bit of her baby. I'd feel less squicky about the
idea if it was genetically the mother's organ. I've got a sneaking suspicion
there are darn good reasons why the placenta/womb interface is so good at
transfering food and waste without transfering blood, and not all of them
are to do with bloodtype mismatches etc.

You are right in that placenta is offal... but a fresh one certainly looks
nicer than all the yucky stale offal you might find in a supermarket display
cabinet. Pictures don't do it justice IMHO... a good fresh placenta just
glistens with a certain luscious healthiness (or maybe that's just my
hormonal state when I saw my babies' placentas) In hunter gatherer
societies, offal is usually regarded as a food reserved for the hunters,
because it loses quality so quickly. Hunters will often build a fire and
grill the offal then and there, and eat it to sustain them as they carry the
beast back to the campsite. After childbirth when the placenta is cooked
might be the only time in her entire life a hunter gatherer woman eats
offal.

One of the frugal aspects of placenta eating is that most anecdotal evidence
seems to indicate it reduces lochia (bleeding after the birth) a heck of a
lot... this could reduce the period of time that sanitary napkins are
required for from weeks to days. So it is environmentally friendly too.

From a moral point of view, placenta eating is probably morally superior to
ordinary meat eating, as the meat is produced as a result of a process in
which the meat producing creature gains something, rather than as a result
of a process that causes loss to the creature. Still, I'd rather have a nice
steak cut from cow or a lamb chop or a piece of ham any day.

teapot
July 19th 03, 10:24 AM
found it! I could see it on the web server.

And heres me thinking all bikers are tough! Youre just a bunch of
squeamish softees :-)

Thinking about it, if it was an animals placenta people wouldnt have
that much of a problem with it. People eat liver and kidney and that
is a similar organ. The difference is that throughout my pregnancy I
ate a good organic mostly vegi diet and animals tend to be stuffed
full of artificial hormones.

teapot

"Joe Agro" <joe @ yunx . com> wrote in message >...
> Private newsgroup located at vroc.org. Their tech talk group if you can
> access it. I'm not sure they list it on the web any longer as I couldn't
> find it from work last week.
>
> Regards,
> Joe - VROC #8013 - '86 VN750 - joe @ yunx .com - 973.571.1456 24/7
>
> Ask me about "The Ride" on July 26: http://www.youthelate.com/the_ride.htm
>
> $0.03 bargain: http://tinyurl.com/9sz6
> "teapot" > wrote in message
> om...
> > no need to post it anonymously (but thanks for thinking of me) and I
> > ma happy to answer questions. What was the group and I will have a
> > look for your post.
> >
> > cheers
> >
> > teapot
> >
>snip

teapot
July 19th 03, 10:24 AM
found it! I could see it on the web server.

And heres me thinking all bikers are tough! Youre just a bunch of
squeamish softees :-)

Thinking about it, if it was an animals placenta people wouldnt have
that much of a problem with it. People eat liver and kidney and that
is a similar organ. The difference is that throughout my pregnancy I
ate a good organic mostly vegi diet and animals tend to be stuffed
full of artificial hormones.

teapot

"Joe Agro" <joe @ yunx . com> wrote in message >...
> Private newsgroup located at vroc.org. Their tech talk group if you can
> access it. I'm not sure they list it on the web any longer as I couldn't
> find it from work last week.
>
> Regards,
> Joe - VROC #8013 - '86 VN750 - joe @ yunx .com - 973.571.1456 24/7
>
> Ask me about "The Ride" on July 26: http://www.youthelate.com/the_ride.htm
>
> $0.03 bargain: http://tinyurl.com/9sz6
> "teapot" > wrote in message
> om...
> > no need to post it anonymously (but thanks for thinking of me) and I
> > ma happy to answer questions. What was the group and I will have a
> > look for your post.
> >
> > cheers
> >
> > teapot
> >
>snip

Tomcat14
July 19th 03, 02:35 PM
The Real Bev > wrote in message >...
> Jenrose wrote:

> > > So, is it like chicken, would it make a good piccata? "Placenta
> > > piccata" has a nice right to it. Of course I like not only using
> > > capers but also caper berries as well. I've even read, but never tried
> > > using nicoise olives as well. But either way, I suppose this would be
> > > best served with a sauvignon blanc. Or perhaps placenta is more gamey
> > > or robust? In that case it may benefit from simmering in a red sauce
> > > over bowtie pasta, perhaps with some malliardized pearl onions for
> > > garnish. If this was the case, then the best wine pairing would be a
> > > nice cab or a beefy merlot.
> >
> > Truly, there are very few things that couldn't be done with placenta that
> > could be done with most other meats.
> >
> > Jenrose <--who has never eaten a placenta but doesn't see why it's such a
> > scary thing to most people
>
> I don't eat guts, especially my own.

I believe the whole point of the post was to titillate viewers around
the globe as much as possible. Post to every possible group. Relish in
follow-up posts. Celebrate one's weirdness.

Tomcat14
July 19th 03, 02:35 PM
The Real Bev > wrote in message >...
> Jenrose wrote:

> > > So, is it like chicken, would it make a good piccata? "Placenta
> > > piccata" has a nice right to it. Of course I like not only using
> > > capers but also caper berries as well. I've even read, but never tried
> > > using nicoise olives as well. But either way, I suppose this would be
> > > best served with a sauvignon blanc. Or perhaps placenta is more gamey
> > > or robust? In that case it may benefit from simmering in a red sauce
> > > over bowtie pasta, perhaps with some malliardized pearl onions for
> > > garnish. If this was the case, then the best wine pairing would be a
> > > nice cab or a beefy merlot.
> >
> > Truly, there are very few things that couldn't be done with placenta that
> > could be done with most other meats.
> >
> > Jenrose <--who has never eaten a placenta but doesn't see why it's such a
> > scary thing to most people
>
> I don't eat guts, especially my own.

I believe the whole point of the post was to titillate viewers around
the globe as much as possible. Post to every possible group. Relish in
follow-up posts. Celebrate one's weirdness.

Elana
July 19th 03, 03:46 PM
Tomcat14 > wrote:

> I believe the whole point of the post was to titillate viewers around
> the globe as much as possible. Post to every possible group. Relish in
> follow-up posts. Celebrate one's weirdness.

"every possible group"? I think if you googled, you might find that
she's posted to maybe 2 groups with this...

Just cause you aren't into it, don't think that she's trolling...

Elana
July 19th 03, 03:46 PM
Tomcat14 > wrote:

> I believe the whole point of the post was to titillate viewers around
> the globe as much as possible. Post to every possible group. Relish in
> follow-up posts. Celebrate one's weirdness.

"every possible group"? I think if you googled, you might find that
she's posted to maybe 2 groups with this...

Just cause you aren't into it, don't think that she's trolling...

Nina
July 19th 03, 07:20 PM
Canibalism is disturbing. I wouldnt eat anything from another human, the
taboo is too well ingrained. I also avoid organ meats from other animals,
and am not REALLY fond of milk, when I think of the source I feel a bit
nauseated.

"teapot" > wrote in message
om...
> found it! I could see it on the web server.
>
> And heres me thinking all bikers are tough! Youre just a bunch of
> squeamish softees :-)
>
> Thinking about it, if it was an animals placenta people wouldnt have
> that much of a problem with it. People eat liver and kidney and that
> is a similar organ. The difference is that throughout my pregnancy I
> ate a good organic mostly vegi diet and animals tend to be stuffed
> full of artificial hormones.
>
> teapot
>

> "Joe Agro" <joe @ yunx . com> wrote in message
> > Private newsgroup located at vroc.org. Their tech talk group if you can
> > access it. I'm not sure they list it on the web any longer as I
couldn't
> > find it from work last week.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Joe - VROC #8013 - '86 VN750 - joe @ yunx .com - 973.571.1456 24/7
> >
> > Ask me about "The Ride" on July 26:
http://www.youthelate.com/the_ride.htm

> > $0.03 bargain: http://tinyurl.com/9sz6
> > "teapot" > wrote in message
> > om...
> > > no need to post it anonymously (but thanks for thinking of me) and I
> > > ma happy to answer questions. What was the group and I will have a
> > > look for your post.
> > >
> > > cheers
> > >
> > > teapot
> > >
> >snip

Nina
July 19th 03, 07:20 PM
Canibalism is disturbing. I wouldnt eat anything from another human, the
taboo is too well ingrained. I also avoid organ meats from other animals,
and am not REALLY fond of milk, when I think of the source I feel a bit
nauseated.

"teapot" > wrote in message
om...
> found it! I could see it on the web server.
>
> And heres me thinking all bikers are tough! Youre just a bunch of
> squeamish softees :-)
>
> Thinking about it, if it was an animals placenta people wouldnt have
> that much of a problem with it. People eat liver and kidney and that
> is a similar organ. The difference is that throughout my pregnancy I
> ate a good organic mostly vegi diet and animals tend to be stuffed
> full of artificial hormones.
>
> teapot
>

> "Joe Agro" <joe @ yunx . com> wrote in message
> > Private newsgroup located at vroc.org. Their tech talk group if you can
> > access it. I'm not sure they list it on the web any longer as I
couldn't
> > find it from work last week.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Joe - VROC #8013 - '86 VN750 - joe @ yunx .com - 973.571.1456 24/7
> >
> > Ask me about "The Ride" on July 26:
http://www.youthelate.com/the_ride.htm

> > $0.03 bargain: http://tinyurl.com/9sz6
> > "teapot" > wrote in message
> > om...
> > > no need to post it anonymously (but thanks for thinking of me) and I
> > > ma happy to answer questions. What was the group and I will have a
> > > look for your post.
> > >
> > > cheers
> > >
> > > teapot
> > >
> >snip

Nina
July 19th 03, 07:21 PM
"Dennis" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 01:27:20 GMT, "Nina" >
> wrote:
>
> >When I saw this on the other NG I was sure it was trolling. I thought I
> >recognized your name though.
> >Placenta looks like liver. after once having a miscarriage I cant eat
liver
> >again. Damn sure couldnt eat placenta
> >*ugh*
>
> In the interest of gender equality in the realm of bizarre
> cannabilistic consumption:

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=3&art_id=qw1058083560720B25
4

I read that a few days ago and was stunned, I mean really!!!!!

Nina
July 19th 03, 07:21 PM
"Dennis" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 01:27:20 GMT, "Nina" >
> wrote:
>
> >When I saw this on the other NG I was sure it was trolling. I thought I
> >recognized your name though.
> >Placenta looks like liver. after once having a miscarriage I cant eat
liver
> >again. Damn sure couldnt eat placenta
> >*ugh*
>
> In the interest of gender equality in the realm of bizarre
> cannabilistic consumption:

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=3&art_id=qw1058083560720B25
4

I read that a few days ago and was stunned, I mean really!!!!!

JoelnCaryn
July 19th 03, 09:19 PM
.. I've got a sneaking suspicion
>there are darn good reasons why the placenta/womb interface is so good at
>transfering food and waste without transfering blood, and not all of them
>are to do with bloodtype mismatches etc.

Most of those reasons have to do with avoiding triggering the maternal immune
system, actually. That causes a host of other problems and wouldn't be a good
idea from a reproduction-of-the-species standpoint.

>From a moral point of view, placenta eating is probably morally superior to
>ordinary meat eating, as the meat is produced as a result of a process in
>which the meat producing creature gains something, rather than as a result
>of a process that causes loss to the creature.

I've seen it billed as "the only unkilled meat you can eat!"

JoelnCaryn
July 19th 03, 09:19 PM
.. I've got a sneaking suspicion
>there are darn good reasons why the placenta/womb interface is so good at
>transfering food and waste without transfering blood, and not all of them
>are to do with bloodtype mismatches etc.

Most of those reasons have to do with avoiding triggering the maternal immune
system, actually. That causes a host of other problems and wouldn't be a good
idea from a reproduction-of-the-species standpoint.

>From a moral point of view, placenta eating is probably morally superior to
>ordinary meat eating, as the meat is produced as a result of a process in
>which the meat producing creature gains something, rather than as a result
>of a process that causes loss to the creature.

I've seen it billed as "the only unkilled meat you can eat!"

Tomcat14
July 20th 03, 01:17 AM
(Elana) wrote in message >...
> Tomcat14 > wrote:
>
> > I believe the whole point of the post was to titillate viewers around
> > the globe as much as possible. Post to every possible group. Relish in
> > follow-up posts. Celebrate one's weirdness.
>
> "every possible group"? I think if you googled, you might find that
> she's posted to maybe 2 groups with this...
>
> Just cause you aren't into it, don't think that she's trolling...

I never suggested she was trolling. Trolling is when you bait a
newsgroup. She knew she was already in the fish market, just wanted to
show off her catch.
OK, let me say something positive in all fairness. Some large
religious groups have proponents that believe drinking one's own urine
provides immunity from illness. And those with survival training know
it can be a life saver. I will graciously stand by to learn the
benefits of this placental pastime. I have never had a ready source of
placenta. Perhaps that's my hangup. I have had a ready source of urine
and have managed to abstain.

Tomcat14
July 20th 03, 01:17 AM
(Elana) wrote in message >...
> Tomcat14 > wrote:
>
> > I believe the whole point of the post was to titillate viewers around
> > the globe as much as possible. Post to every possible group. Relish in
> > follow-up posts. Celebrate one's weirdness.
>
> "every possible group"? I think if you googled, you might find that
> she's posted to maybe 2 groups with this...
>
> Just cause you aren't into it, don't think that she's trolling...

I never suggested she was trolling. Trolling is when you bait a
newsgroup. She knew she was already in the fish market, just wanted to
show off her catch.
OK, let me say something positive in all fairness. Some large
religious groups have proponents that believe drinking one's own urine
provides immunity from illness. And those with survival training know
it can be a life saver. I will graciously stand by to learn the
benefits of this placental pastime. I have never had a ready source of
placenta. Perhaps that's my hangup. I have had a ready source of urine
and have managed to abstain.

Elana
July 20th 03, 09:41 AM
The Real Bev > wrote:

> Considering the cost of the obstetricians and hospitals generally required
> to obtain a placenta, "frugal" is a definite misnomer. I think it was a
> troll.

I believe the op had a homebirth...

And it's not like you go to the hospital to get your placenta out...I'd
call it a by-product of birth :-).

Elana
July 20th 03, 09:41 AM
The Real Bev > wrote:

> Considering the cost of the obstetricians and hospitals generally required
> to obtain a placenta, "frugal" is a definite misnomer. I think it was a
> troll.

I believe the op had a homebirth...

And it's not like you go to the hospital to get your placenta out...I'd
call it a by-product of birth :-).

Anthony Matonak
July 20th 03, 11:47 AM
The Real Bev wrote:
> Elana wrote:
>>Just cause you aren't into it, don't think that she's trolling...
>
> Considering the cost of the obstetricians and hospitals generally required
> to obtain a placenta, "frugal" is a definite misnomer. I think it was a
> troll.

Well, considering how infrequently the average person will have a
spare placenta laying around, home birth or not, I agree that it's
probably a troll. After all, what is frugal about pregnancy in the
first place?

Now, if the original poster had suggested going around to birthings
to help catch and cook the afterbirth as a means of supplementing
ones diet then that might be more reasonably frugal. Still quite
in the cannibalism and pure disgusting range but frugal. It's likely
cheaper to just help the local animal shelters eat their stock and
hang out in mortuaries for the occasional complete body one can
spirit away.

Is it time to bring up the whole idea of sin-eating?

Anthony

Anthony Matonak
July 20th 03, 11:47 AM
The Real Bev wrote:
> Elana wrote:
>>Just cause you aren't into it, don't think that she's trolling...
>
> Considering the cost of the obstetricians and hospitals generally required
> to obtain a placenta, "frugal" is a definite misnomer. I think it was a
> troll.

Well, considering how infrequently the average person will have a
spare placenta laying around, home birth or not, I agree that it's
probably a troll. After all, what is frugal about pregnancy in the
first place?

Now, if the original poster had suggested going around to birthings
to help catch and cook the afterbirth as a means of supplementing
ones diet then that might be more reasonably frugal. Still quite
in the cannibalism and pure disgusting range but frugal. It's likely
cheaper to just help the local animal shelters eat their stock and
hang out in mortuaries for the occasional complete body one can
spirit away.

Is it time to bring up the whole idea of sin-eating?

Anthony

Tomcat14
July 20th 03, 02:25 PM
The Real Bev > wrote in message >...
> Elana wrote:
> >
> > Tomcat14 > wrote:
> >
> > > I believe the whole point of the post was to titillate viewers around
> > > the globe as much as possible. Post to every possible group. Relish in
> > > follow-up posts. Celebrate one's weirdness.
> >
> > "every possible group"? I think if you googled, you might find that
> > she's posted to maybe 2 groups with this...
> >
> > Just cause you aren't into it, don't think that she's trolling...
>
> Considering the cost of the obstetricians and hospitals generally required
> to obtain a placenta, "frugal" is a definite misnomer. I think it was a
> troll.

I assumed it was the result of a home birthing situation, which could
be real frugal without complications. Just walk the placenta over to
the old freezer. Of course, put it in a plastic bag to prevent freezer
burns. Someone who assisted other's home births would have a regular
source and could even do some approximate party planning.

Tomcat14
July 20th 03, 02:25 PM
The Real Bev > wrote in message >...
> Elana wrote:
> >
> > Tomcat14 > wrote:
> >
> > > I believe the whole point of the post was to titillate viewers around
> > > the globe as much as possible. Post to every possible group. Relish in
> > > follow-up posts. Celebrate one's weirdness.
> >
> > "every possible group"? I think if you googled, you might find that
> > she's posted to maybe 2 groups with this...
> >
> > Just cause you aren't into it, don't think that she's trolling...
>
> Considering the cost of the obstetricians and hospitals generally required
> to obtain a placenta, "frugal" is a definite misnomer. I think it was a
> troll.

I assumed it was the result of a home birthing situation, which could
be real frugal without complications. Just walk the placenta over to
the old freezer. Of course, put it in a plastic bag to prevent freezer
burns. Someone who assisted other's home births would have a regular
source and could even do some approximate party planning.

teapot
July 20th 03, 08:34 PM
(Tomcat14) wrote in message >...
> The Real Bev > wrote in message >...

> > > "every possible group"? I think if you googled, you might find that
> > > she's posted to maybe 2 groups with this...
> > >
> > > Just cause you aren't into it, don't think that she's trolling...
> >
> > Considering the cost of the obstetricians and hospitals generally required
> > to obtain a placenta, "frugal" is a definite misnomer. I think it was a
> > troll.
>
> I assumed it was the result of a home birthing situation, which could
> be real frugal without complications. Just walk the placenta over to
> the old freezer. Of course, put it in a plastic bag to prevent freezer
> burns. Someone who assisted other's home births would have a regular
> source and could even do some approximate party planning.

It was a home birth but you can still keep the placenta if you have a
hospital birth. I think you have to sign to say you will dispose of
it though. Mine was put in the freezer about half an hour after the
birth, so that's pretty fresh. We still have some of the pate left,
its been in the fridge for 6 days now so I will have to chuck it out,
but I feel a bit guilty throwing it away as I have no intention of
makng another :-) I might stick it in the compost bin.

I posted here for a couple of reasons, one cos someone suggested it,
and secondly because I found it quite difficult to find recipes for
placenta so I thought it would be a good resource in case anyone else
was interested.

teapot

teapot
July 20th 03, 08:34 PM
(Tomcat14) wrote in message >...
> The Real Bev > wrote in message >...

> > > "every possible group"? I think if you googled, you might find that
> > > she's posted to maybe 2 groups with this...
> > >
> > > Just cause you aren't into it, don't think that she's trolling...
> >
> > Considering the cost of the obstetricians and hospitals generally required
> > to obtain a placenta, "frugal" is a definite misnomer. I think it was a
> > troll.
>
> I assumed it was the result of a home birthing situation, which could
> be real frugal without complications. Just walk the placenta over to
> the old freezer. Of course, put it in a plastic bag to prevent freezer
> burns. Someone who assisted other's home births would have a regular
> source and could even do some approximate party planning.

It was a home birth but you can still keep the placenta if you have a
hospital birth. I think you have to sign to say you will dispose of
it though. Mine was put in the freezer about half an hour after the
birth, so that's pretty fresh. We still have some of the pate left,
its been in the fridge for 6 days now so I will have to chuck it out,
but I feel a bit guilty throwing it away as I have no intention of
makng another :-) I might stick it in the compost bin.

I posted here for a couple of reasons, one cos someone suggested it,
and secondly because I found it quite difficult to find recipes for
placenta so I thought it would be a good resource in case anyone else
was interested.

teapot

Deadend
July 21st 03, 07:36 PM
(teapot) wrote in message >...
> (Tomcat14) wrote in message >...
> > The Real Bev > wrote in message >...

> I posted here for a couple of reasons, one cos someone suggested it,
> and secondly because I found it quite difficult to find recipes for
> placenta so I thought it would be a good resource in case anyone else
> was interested.
>
> teapot

I posted because I thought that on one level, it was pretty damn
funny, so I wanted to jump in on the goof. Like Tomcat said,
celebrating one's own wierdness; I'm all for that. There's also a part
of me that is a serious cook, and that side made the suggestions it
did. There's a curious side of me that just can't even inagine trying
to cook such a thing.

Maybe you could slice it into small pieces and batter it with a
cornmeal or beer batter, deep fry it and serve it with fresh cut and
fried chips (fries). Serve with a nice hoppy IPA, or American Pale Ale
to cut through the greasy richness of it all.

Or since someone mentioned that it was like a meat by-product, maybe
you could grind it up with caroway and mix it in with a cornmeal mush
mixture. Then you'd have "Ultimate Scrapple." What do you think?

Deadend

Deadend's rule of humor #23: "Anything worth doing is worth
overdoing."

Dennis
July 21st 03, 10:41 PM
On 21 Jul 2003 10:36:09 -0700, (Deadend)
wrote:

>Deadend's rule of humor #23: "Anything worth doing is worth
>overdoing."

The version I like is: "Anything worth doing is worth doing to
excess."

the Dennis formerly known as (evil)

IleneB
July 21st 03, 11:09 PM
It's hardly frugal meat. After all, you have to have a kid to get it!

Ilene B

Stella Hackell
July 22nd 03, 01:52 AM
(Elana) wrote in message >...

> The Real Bev > wrote:
>
> > Considering the cost of the obstetricians and hospitals generally required
> > to obtain a placenta, "frugal" is a definite misnomer. I think it was a
> > troll.
>
> I believe the op had a homebirth...
>
> And it's not like you go to the hospital to get your placenta out...I'd
> call it a by-product of birth :-).

Considering the cost of raising children these days--what is it, around
100 grand?--placenta is about the most un-frugal meat I can think of.
Plus you're paying it off for 18 (or more) years. Think of all the prime rib
you could buy.

Stella

July 22nd 03, 06:45 AM
Dennis > wrote:

>>Deadend's rule of humor #23: "Anything worth doing is worth
>>overdoing."
>
>The version I like is: "Anything worth doing is worth doing to
>excess."

Can we have your liver?

Chloe
July 22nd 03, 12:56 PM
> wrote in message
> Dennis > wrote:
>
> >>Deadend's rule of humor #23: "Anything worth doing is worth
> >>overdoing."
> >
> >The version I like is: "Anything worth doing is worth doing to
> >excess."
>
> Can we have your liver?

I only want it if it's rare. Liver done to excess is dry and yucky.

Tomcat14
July 22nd 03, 02:29 PM
(teapot) wrote in message >...
> (Deadend) wrote in message >...
> > (teapot) wrote in message >...
>
> > > I posted here for a couple of reasons, one cos someone suggested it,
> > > and secondly because I found it quite difficult to find recipes for
> > > placenta so I thought it would be a good resource in case anyone else
> > > was interested.
> > >
> > > teapot
> >
> > I posted because I thought that on one level, it was pretty damn
> > funny, so I wanted to jump in on the goof. Like Tomcat said,
> > celebrating one's own wierdness; I'm all for that. There's also a part
> > of me that is a serious cook, and that side made the suggestions it
> > did. There's a curious side of me that just can't even inagine trying
> > to cook such a thing.
> >
> > Maybe you could slice it into small pieces and batter it with a
> > cornmeal or beer batter, deep fry it and serve it with fresh cut and
> > fried chips (fries). Serve with a nice hoppy IPA, or American Pale Ale
> > to cut through the greasy richness of it all.
> >
> > Or since someone mentioned that it was like a meat by-product, maybe
> > you could grind it up with caroway and mix it in with a cornmeal mush
> > mixture. Then you'd have "Ultimate Scrapple." What do you think?
> >
> > Deadend
> >
> After we had cooked it I found out that you can steam them to make
> them more solid and then you can do pretty much anything with them.
>
> teapot

You could put them in the dog bowl if you have one. Dogs need protein
and the grease will help their coat.

Joyce
July 22nd 03, 03:02 PM
On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 21:05:06 -0500, JazzMan >
wrote:

>suzn wrote:
>>
>> "teapot" > wrote in message
>> om...
>> Oh jeeze....
>> I do hope this is a joke.
>

>It works for cats, dogs, and other animals. :)
>And they eat it raw...
>
>JazzMan

And so does licking bottoms instead of using Pampers.
They also consume neonates who do not survive.
Joyce

Sewmaster
July 22nd 03, 03:46 PM
It's difficult to gross me out, but this thread finally did it.

<ghack>

Teapot, congratulations on the birth of your baby.

Now for the delete key! :-)

Sewmaster, going to go make some nice clean pasta salad
with peach-cream cheese pie as an antidote.

Sewmaster
July 24th 03, 04:47 AM
teapot wrote:

> Sewmaster > wrote in message
> >
> > Teapot, congratulations on the birth of your baby.
> >
> thanks!
>
> If you know of any good sites for baby clothes patterns I'd appreciate it!
>
> teapot
> and small thing 8th June 03

Try asking in alt.sewing; they have lots of knowledge.
I haven't needed to sew for a baby in a long time.

Sewmaster

teapot
July 25th 03, 11:25 AM
(Elana) wrote in message >...
> teapot > wrote:
>
> > Sewmaster > wrote in message
> > > It's difficult to gross me out, but this thread finally did it.
> > >
> > > <ghack>
> > >
> > > Teapot, congratulations on the birth of your baby.
> > >
> > thanks!
> >
> > If you know of any good sites for baby clothes patterns I'd appreciate it!
>
> Hey, I have tons of baby clothes...want me to send you some?

Thanks! I am ok though cos I have been given enough stuff for 2
babies at least, thats the good thing about a relatively small sprog -
he has lots of same aged peers that are growing out of stuff as fast
as he is growing into it. I just fancied doing something creative,
and as my mind is only big enough for him baby clothes would be good
to make - if he lets me stop feeding for enough time!

I appreciate the offer though.

teapot and moo boy

Deadend
July 28th 03, 08:27 PM
wrote in message >...
> Dennis > wrote:
>
> >>Deadend's rule of humor #23: "Anything worth doing is worth
> >>overdoing."
> >
> >The version I like is: "Anything worth doing is worth doing to
> >excess."
>
> Can we have your liver?

After an adolescence of excessive and multiple drug use that
progressed into professional drinking well into my 20's, I'd suggest
you try someone else's liver, as mine might not be prime grade-A at
this point. Although in my late 20's and into my 30's I have started
to "fly right" and consume things much more judiciously. But I know
that I have done some harm to myself, and am hoping that they can grow
me a new one on the back of a rat in a lab somewhere, sometime. After
they install the new one, I'll try to get in contact with you.

Regards,

Deadend

Thurston Phoremost
August 7th 03, 10:57 AM
(teapot) wrote in message >...
> Sewmaster > wrote in message >...
> > It's difficult to gross me out, but this thread finally did it.
> >
> > <ghack>
> >
> > Teapot, congratulations on the birth of your baby.
> >
> thanks!
>
> If you know of any good sites for baby clothes patterns I'd appreciate it!

And after you get these patterns, you can use some skin off a dead
corpse to make the baby clothes out of.

> teapot
> and small thing 8th June 03

Thurston Phoremost
August 7th 03, 10:57 AM
(teapot) wrote in message >...
> Sewmaster > wrote in message >...
> > It's difficult to gross me out, but this thread finally did it.
> >
> > <ghack>
> >
> > Teapot, congratulations on the birth of your baby.
> >
> thanks!
>
> If you know of any good sites for baby clothes patterns I'd appreciate it!

And after you get these patterns, you can use some skin off a dead
corpse to make the baby clothes out of.

> teapot
> and small thing 8th June 03

Nina
August 7th 03, 06:05 PM
"Thurston Phoremost" > wrote

> > If you know of any good sites for baby clothes patterns I'd appreciate
it!

> And after you get these patterns, you can use some skin off a dead
> corpse to make the baby clothes out of.

Damn, I am glad I was done eating or I would have spewed my cereal all over
the monitor,lol.

Nina
August 7th 03, 06:05 PM
"Thurston Phoremost" > wrote

> > If you know of any good sites for baby clothes patterns I'd appreciate
it!

> And after you get these patterns, you can use some skin off a dead
> corpse to make the baby clothes out of.

Damn, I am glad I was done eating or I would have spewed my cereal all over
the monitor,lol.

Google