"From: (Vera Heinau)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers
Subject: [DFN-CIS] Change of Name
Date: 10 Jul 2003 14:44:35 GMT

To all users of News.CIS.DFN.DE,

There will be some changes within the organization of the news-service
known as "News.CIS.DFN.DE" and operated by the computer center of Freie
Universitaet Berlin, Germany.

The computer center of Freie Universitaet Berlin (ZEDAT) has taken over
the task of supplying a central news-service for member organizations
of the German National Research and Education Network (DFN). As a
result of this, the well-known name "News.CIS.DFN.DE" will be used
exclusively in connection with this new service (DFNNetNews) from now
on.

Individually registered users that do not take part in DFNNetNews will
continue to have access to the service using two new names:

- News.Individual.NET (for international users)
- News.Individual.DE (for German-speaking users)

Announcements that concern this service will be tagged with
"[Individual]" in the subject line.

The change of name concerns both the name of the news-server itself
and the URLs that point to the web-space connected with the service:

http://news.individual.net/
http://news.individual.de/

As the service provided is identical for both servers, it is neither
necessary nor possible to register for both.

Note:
=====
Existing configurations will continue to work without the need for
modification because the technical separation of services will take
place internally on the server-side.

We do ask you to follow the new installation guides available via
http://news.individual.net/ for future setups though. Please make
a special note of the new e-mail addresses for registration:

(international users)
(German-speaking users)

Vera Heinau"

--Jerry Leslie (my opinions are strictly my own)
Note: is invalid for email

leslie
July 18th 03, 10:34 PM
Pat Meadows ) wrote:
: On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 04:45:05 GMT,
: (leslie) wrote:
:
: > http://makeashorterlink.com/?G15E21E45
: > News Server News.CIS.DFN.DE Name Change
: >
: > "From: (Vera Heinau)
: > Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers
:
: Thanks, Jerry. I use this service, and occasionally
: recommend it to others so this is good to know.
:

You're welcome.

I saw the announcement in the alt.online-services.roadrunner newsgroup,
and knew people in misc.consumers.frugal-living also used it.

Jerry

leslie
July 18th 03, 10:34 PM
Pat Meadows ) wrote:
: On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 04:45:05 GMT,
: (leslie) wrote:
:
: > http://makeashorterlink.com/?G15E21E45
: > News Server News.CIS.DFN.DE Name Change
: >
: > "From: (Vera Heinau)
: > Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers
:
: Thanks, Jerry. I use this service, and occasionally
: recommend it to others so this is good to know.
:

You're welcome.

I saw the announcement in the alt.online-services.roadrunner newsgroup,
and knew people in misc.consumers.frugal-living also used it.

Jerry

Google