PDA

View Full Version : Freezing pizza dough

July 18th 03, 04:06 PM
I have a question for all you breadmakers/bakers about freezing homemade
pizza dough:

Do you freeze it directly after kneading it, or should you let it rise
once first before freezing?

Thanks!
Diva

SoCalMike
July 18th 03, 08:10 PM
> wrote in message
> I have a question for all you breadmakers/bakers about freezing homemade
> pizza dough:
>
> Do you freeze it directly after kneading it, or should you let it rise
> once first before freezing?

freeze after kneading, then let rise when thawing.

SoCalMike
July 18th 03, 08:10 PM
> wrote in message
> I have a question for all you breadmakers/bakers about freezing homemade
> pizza dough:
>
> Do you freeze it directly after kneading it, or should you let it rise
> once first before freezing?

freeze after kneading, then let rise when thawing.

Joan R.
July 30th 03, 04:21 AM
I pre-bake for about five minutes. ( the shaped pizza dough) then cool
and freeze.

I also put dough (after raise and punch down), in frig for a day or so.
Especially good if you like thin crust.
Joan

chucklhead
January 12th 04, 12:52 AM
On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 18:10:11 GMT, "SoCalMike"
> wrote:

> wrote in message
>> I have a question for all you breadmakers/bakers about freezing homemade
>> pizza dough:
>>
>> Do you freeze it directly after kneading it, or should you let it rise
>> once first before freezing?
>
>freeze after kneading, then let rise when thawing.

Won't the freezing put the yeasts back into hibernation or at least
cause them to no longer 'rise' even when it's thawed?

chucklhead
January 12th 04, 12:52 AM
On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 18:10:11 GMT, "SoCalMike"
> wrote:

> wrote in message
>> I have a question for all you breadmakers/bakers about freezing homemade
>> pizza dough:
>>
>> Do you freeze it directly after kneading it, or should you let it rise
>> once first before freezing?
>
>freeze after kneading, then let rise when thawing.

Won't the freezing put the yeasts back into hibernation or at least
cause them to no longer 'rise' even when it's thawed?

chucklhead
January 12th 04, 12:52 AM
On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 18:10:11 GMT, "SoCalMike"
> wrote:

> wrote in message
>> I have a question for all you breadmakers/bakers about freezing homemade
>> pizza dough:
>>
>> Do you freeze it directly after kneading it, or should you let it rise
>> once first before freezing?
>
>freeze after kneading, then let rise when thawing.

Won't the freezing put the yeasts back into hibernation or at least
cause them to no longer 'rise' even when it's thawed?

Lou
January 12th 04, 01:41 AM
<chucklhead> wrote in message
> On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 18:10:11 GMT, "SoCalMike"
> > wrote:
>

> > wrote in message
> >> I have a question for all you breadmakers/bakers about freezing
homemade
> >> pizza dough:
> >>
> >> Do you freeze it directly after kneading it, or should you let it rise
> >> once first before freezing?
> >
> >freeze after kneading, then let rise when thawing.
> >

> Won't the freezing put the yeasts back into hibernation or at least
> cause them to no longer 'rise' even when it's thawed?

No.

Lou
January 12th 04, 01:41 AM
<chucklhead> wrote in message
> On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 18:10:11 GMT, "SoCalMike"
> > wrote:
>

> > wrote in message
> >> I have a question for all you breadmakers/bakers about freezing
homemade
> >> pizza dough:
> >>
> >> Do you freeze it directly after kneading it, or should you let it rise
> >> once first before freezing?
> >
> >freeze after kneading, then let rise when thawing.
> >

> Won't the freezing put the yeasts back into hibernation or at least
> cause them to no longer 'rise' even when it's thawed?

No.

Lou
January 12th 04, 01:41 AM
<chucklhead> wrote in message
> On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 18:10:11 GMT, "SoCalMike"
> > wrote:
>

> > wrote in message
> >> I have a question for all you breadmakers/bakers about freezing
homemade
> >> pizza dough:
> >>
> >> Do you freeze it directly after kneading it, or should you let it rise
> >> once first before freezing?
> >
> >freeze after kneading, then let rise when thawing.
> >

> Won't the freezing put the yeasts back into hibernation or at least
> cause them to no longer 'rise' even when it's thawed?

No.

Google