PDA

View Full Version : PC World £300 Samsung TFT?

Joe3000
December 22nd 03, 06:02 PM
Is this monitor any good for the price?

http://tinyurl.com/2sfpq

Thanks - Joe

Dave Bracken
December 22nd 03, 09:36 PM
"Joe3000" > wrote in message
s.com...
> Is this monitor any good for the price?
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2sfpq
Joe,
This looks very similar to the "MON-ASM-TFT-IM17 17" Samsung-OEM TFT Super
Slim" listed on
http://www.aria.co.uk/productsList.asp?Category=29&Submit=submit at £287.88
inc the damage. You'll probably find it cheaper still elsewhere.

Dave.

Dave Bracken
December 22nd 03, 09:36 PM
"Joe3000" > wrote in message
s.com...
> Is this monitor any good for the price?
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2sfpq
Joe,
This looks very similar to the "MON-ASM-TFT-IM17 17" Samsung-OEM TFT Super
Slim" listed on
http://www.aria.co.uk/productsList.asp?Category=29&Submit=submit at £287.88
inc the damage. You'll probably find it cheaper still elsewhere.

Dave.

Dave Bracken
December 22nd 03, 09:47 PM
"Dave Bracken" > wrote in message

> "Joe3000" > wrote in message
> s.com...
> > Is this monitor any good for the price?
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/2sfpq
> Joe,
> This looks very similar to the "MON-ASM-TFT-IM17 17" Samsung-OEM TFT Super
> Slim" listed on
> http://www.aria.co.uk/productsList.asp?Category=29&Submit=submit at
£287.88
> inc the damage. You'll probably find it cheaper still elsewhere.

Hmmm, that said, does PCW have a price match/price beat offer? If so, I
suggest you haggle. http://tinyurl.com/2rvkg suggests there is a voucher
available but I don't know if this could be used against the monitor as they
may argue that it is already discounted and subsequently against the t&c's.

Let us know how you get on.

Dave Bracken
December 22nd 03, 09:47 PM
"Dave Bracken" > wrote in message

> "Joe3000" > wrote in message
> s.com...
> > Is this monitor any good for the price?
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/2sfpq
> Joe,
> This looks very similar to the "MON-ASM-TFT-IM17 17" Samsung-OEM TFT Super
> Slim" listed on
> http://www.aria.co.uk/productsList.asp?Category=29&Submit=submit at
£287.88
> inc the damage. You'll probably find it cheaper still elsewhere.

Hmmm, that said, does PCW have a price match/price beat offer? If so, I
suggest you haggle. http://tinyurl.com/2rvkg suggests there is a voucher
available but I don't know if this could be used against the monitor as they
may argue that it is already discounted and subsequently against the t&c's.

Let us know how you get on.

Panda
December 23rd 03, 01:05 PM
On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 20:47:47 -0000, "Dave Bracken" > wrote:

>"Dave Bracken" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Joe3000" > wrote in message
>> s.com...
>> > Is this monitor any good for the price?

My father somehow managed to get a bargain on a Samsung - he ordered from John Lewis but they could not give a delivery
date - he subsequently saw it advertised by Staples and asked JL to price match but they wouldn't as not in stock. So
he bought from Staples, then found a voucher in a newspaper, possibly the Sun, when he was at the Dentists, to get money
off it at PCW, so next morning hot-footed it back to Staples who pricematched the discounted PCW price, plus the 50%, so
got it for roughly £234. So he was a very happy pensioner!