PDA

View Full Version : OT - How do I find out???? - PDA

Titus A Ducksass
December 22nd 03, 07:57 PM
What a PDA can do?

I want one to store data from 2-500 clients being interviewed
(database of yes/no, postcode, name, interests(welding, joinery,
patining etc (20-30 categories), comments etc.

Data will then be transfered to a PC for analysis.

Trader1
December 22nd 03, 08:08 PM
"Titus A Ducksass" > wrote in message
> What a PDA can do?
>
> I want one to store data from 2-500 clients being interviewed
> (database of yes/no, postcode, name, interests(welding, joinery,
> patining etc (20-30 categories), comments etc.
>
> Data will then be transfered to a PC for analysis.

Guess you could use Access?

Trader1
December 22nd 03, 08:08 PM
"Titus A Ducksass" > wrote in message
> What a PDA can do?
>
> I want one to store data from 2-500 clients being interviewed
> (database of yes/no, postcode, name, interests(welding, joinery,
> patining etc (20-30 categories), comments etc.
>
> Data will then be transfered to a PC for analysis.

Guess you could use Access?

Titus A Ducksass
December 22nd 03, 08:29 PM
On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 19:08:58 -0000, "Trader1"
> wrote:

>"Titus A Ducksass" > wrote in message
>> What a PDA can do?
>>
>> I want one to store data from 2-500 clients being interviewed
>> (database of yes/no, postcode, name, interests(welding, joinery,
>> patining etc (20-30 categories), comments etc.
>>
>> Data will then be transfered to a PC for analysis.
>
>Guess you could use Access?
Will a PDA run Access?
I was thinking more of a smaller footprint application on the PDA...

Titus A Ducksass
December 22nd 03, 08:29 PM
On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 19:08:58 -0000, "Trader1"
> wrote:

>"Titus A Ducksass" > wrote in message
>> What a PDA can do?
>>
>> I want one to store data from 2-500 clients being interviewed
>> (database of yes/no, postcode, name, interests(welding, joinery,
>> patining etc (20-30 categories), comments etc.
>>
>> Data will then be transfered to a PC for analysis.
>
>Guess you could use Access?
Will a PDA run Access?
I was thinking more of a smaller footprint application on the PDA...

Hywel Jenkins
December 22nd 03, 08:36 PM
In article >,
says...
> What a PDA can do?
>
> I want one to store data from 2-500 clients being interviewed
> (database of yes/no, postcode, name, interests(welding, joinery,
> patining etc (20-30 categories), comments etc.
>
> Data will then be transfered to a PC for analysis.

You need to find out what software can do that - even my old Palm 3e
*could* do that.

--
Hywel I do not eat quiche
http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/

Hywel Jenkins
December 22nd 03, 08:36 PM
In article >,
says...
> What a PDA can do?
>
> I want one to store data from 2-500 clients being interviewed
> (database of yes/no, postcode, name, interests(welding, joinery,
> patining etc (20-30 categories), comments etc.
>
> Data will then be transfered to a PC for analysis.

You need to find out what software can do that - even my old Palm 3e
*could* do that.

--
Hywel I do not eat quiche
http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/
http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/mfaq.php

Trader1
December 22nd 03, 09:48 PM
">=(8888)=<" > wrote in message
> ">=(8888)=<" emitted :
>
> >"Titus A Ducksass" emitted :
> >
> >>What a PDA can do?
> >>
> >>I want one to store data from 2-500 clients being interviewed
> >>(database of yes/no, postcode, name, interests(welding, joinery,
> >>patining etc (20-30 categories), comments etc.
> >>
> >>Data will then be transfered to a PC for analysis.
> >
> >If you are going the Palm route, there are Access-like applications
> >which will integrate with Access on your PC. You can design data entry
> >forms and queries for your Palm application, just like you would on
> >the PC. Unfortunately I've forgotten the name of the application I
> >used, but
>
> Now I remember.. it was "ThinkDB"
>

> --
> S i g n a l @ l i n e o n e . n e t

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c9596888-4fe4-4f5d-864d-bc7f30263317&DisplayLang=en

Watch that the line doesn't break!

Trader1
December 22nd 03, 09:48 PM
">=(8888)=<" > wrote in message
> ">=(8888)=<" emitted :
>
> >"Titus A Ducksass" emitted :
> >
> >>What a PDA can do?
> >>
> >>I want one to store data from 2-500 clients being interviewed
> >>(database of yes/no, postcode, name, interests(welding, joinery,
> >>patining etc (20-30 categories), comments etc.
> >>
> >>Data will then be transfered to a PC for analysis.
> >
> >If you are going the Palm route, there are Access-like applications
> >which will integrate with Access on your PC. You can design data entry
> >forms and queries for your Palm application, just like you would on
> >the PC. Unfortunately I've forgotten the name of the application I
> >used, but
>
> Now I remember.. it was "ThinkDB"
>

> --
> S i g n a l @ l i n e o n e . n e t