PDA

View Full Version : The Lord of the Rings - illustrated hardback - £20 (rrp £50)

me
December 24th 03, 01:19 PM
Anybody currently swept up in the LOTR fever may like to know that the
large-print illustrated version of all 3 books has been reduced in the
Amazon sale from the rrp of £50 to £20

http://tinyurl.com/2z5fo

Find something for an extra fiver and it will be applicable for FREE
standard delivery......
Plenty of other good bargains on there too.

HTH

Merry Xmas
:)

Raiden
December 24th 03, 09:19 PM
me wrote:
> Anybody currently swept up in the LOTR fever may like to know that the
> large-print illustrated version of all 3 books has been reduced in the
> Amazon sale from the rrp of £50 to £20
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2z5fo
>
> Find something for an extra fiver and it will be applicable for FREE
> standard delivery......
> Plenty of other good bargains on there too.
>
> HTH
>
> Merry Xmas
> :)

Looks good but a review said it's impractical to read unless you have it on
a desk. Can imagine so being that big. Think I'll buy the books in the three
installment box set in the sales.

Raiden
December 24th 03, 09:19 PM
me wrote:
> Anybody currently swept up in the LOTR fever may like to know that the
> large-print illustrated version of all 3 books has been reduced in the
> Amazon sale from the rrp of £50 to £20
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2z5fo
>
> Find something for an extra fiver and it will be applicable for FREE
> standard delivery......
> Plenty of other good bargains on there too.
>
> HTH
>
> Merry Xmas
> :)

Looks good but a review said it's impractical to read unless you have it on
a desk. Can imagine so being that big. Think I'll buy the books in the three
installment box set in the sales.

Alex Butcher
December 30th 03, 01:59 AM
On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 20:19:34 +0000, Raiden wrote:

> me wrote:
>> Anybody currently swept up in the LOTR fever may like to know that the
>> large-print illustrated version of all 3 books has been reduced in the
>> Amazon sale from the rrp of £50 to £20
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/2z5fo
>>
>> Find something for an extra fiver and it will be applicable for FREE
>> standard delivery......
>> Plenty of other good bargains on there too.
>>
>> HTH
>>
>> Merry Xmas
>> :)
>
> Looks good but a review said it's impractical to read unless you have it
> on a desk. Can imagine so being that big. Think I'll buy the books in
> the three installment box set in the sales.

....Or the 7 book box set for £12.49 (half-price) from Waterstone's
<http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/tg/stores/detail/-/books/0007124015>.

They've used a much clearer and slightly larger font in this edition than
the other editions I've seen too.

Best Regards,
Alex.
--
Alex Butcher Brainbench MVP for Internet Security: www.brainbench.com
Bristol, UK Need reliable and secure network systems?

Alex Butcher
December 30th 03, 01:59 AM
On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 20:19:34 +0000, Raiden wrote:

> me wrote:
>> Anybody currently swept up in the LOTR fever may like to know that the
>> large-print illustrated version of all 3 books has been reduced in the
>> Amazon sale from the rrp of £50 to £20
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/2z5fo
>>
>> Find something for an extra fiver and it will be applicable for FREE
>> standard delivery......
>> Plenty of other good bargains on there too.
>>
>> HTH
>>
>> Merry Xmas
>> :)
>
> Looks good but a review said it's impractical to read unless you have it
> on a desk. Can imagine so being that big. Think I'll buy the books in
> the three installment box set in the sales.

....Or the 7 book box set for £12.49 (half-price) from Waterstone's
<http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/tg/stores/detail/-/books/0007124015>.

They've used a much clearer and slightly larger font in this edition than
the other editions I've seen too.

Best Regards,
Alex.
--
Alex Butcher Brainbench MVP for Internet Security: www.brainbench.com
Bristol, UK Need reliable and secure network systems?
PGP/GnuPG ID:0x271fd950 <http://www.assursys.com/>

Google