PDA

View Full Version : Digital cameras

Goodlass
December 26th 03, 07:42 AM
Hi,

My son has developed a liking for my digital camera (3 megapixel) and wants
to buy one for himself. Can anyone recommend the best place to get one at a
good price. Hew doesn't want anything too fancy, just good pics and ability
to insert a good memory card as he is off to Canada for a few weeks.

tHatDudeUK
December 26th 03, 10:30 AM
"Goodlass" > wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> My son has developed a liking for my digital camera (3 megapixel) and
wants
> to buy one for himself. Can anyone recommend the best place to get one at
> good price. Hew doesn't want anything too fancy, just good pics and
ability
> to insert a good memory card as he is off to Canada for a few weeks.

One possibility is to look on the net for the cheapest price and get Jessops
to price match removing problems associated with online purchases.

Try starting with www.amazon.co.uk I am quite taken by the Canon Ixus range
but others may declare these overpriced and underspecced in comparison with
some models they may like to direct you to.

tHatDudeUK
December 26th 03, 10:30 AM
"Goodlass" > wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> My son has developed a liking for my digital camera (3 megapixel) and
wants
> to buy one for himself. Can anyone recommend the best place to get one at
> good price. Hew doesn't want anything too fancy, just good pics and
ability
> to insert a good memory card as he is off to Canada for a few weeks.

One possibility is to look on the net for the cheapest price and get Jessops
to price match removing problems associated with online purchases.

Try starting with www.amazon.co.uk I am quite taken by the Canon Ixus range
but others may declare these overpriced and underspecced in comparison with
some models they may like to direct you to.

Tenex
December 26th 03, 11:27 AM
Goodlass wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My son has developed a liking for my digital camera (3 megapixel) and
> wants to buy one for himself. Can anyone recommend the best place to
> get one at a good price. Hew doesn't want anything too fancy, just
> good pics and ability to insert a good memory card as he is off to
> Canada for a few weeks.

PC World 4Mp 3x optical Casio until 31.12 £169.

Tenex
December 26th 03, 11:27 AM
Goodlass wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My son has developed a liking for my digital camera (3 megapixel) and
> wants to buy one for himself. Can anyone recommend the best place to
> get one at a good price. Hew doesn't want anything too fancy, just
> good pics and ability to insert a good memory card as he is off to
> Canada for a few weeks.

PC World 4Mp 3x optical Casio until 31.12 £169.

dusty
December 26th 03, 12:24 PM
http://www.ukdigital.co.uk/olympus_c350_zoom.htm
This might be ok,good price,extra memory,and not complicated to use

dusty
December 26th 03, 12:24 PM
http://www.ukdigital.co.uk/olympus_c350_zoom.htm
This might be ok,good price,extra memory,and not complicated to use

Lordy
December 26th 03, 02:14 PM
> One possibility is to look on the net for the cheapest price and get
> Jessops to price match removing problems associated with online
> purchases.

What problems ?

You don't get the 7 day 'cooling off' period during which you can change
your mind if you buy from a shop either...

--
Lordy

Lordy
December 26th 03, 02:14 PM
> One possibility is to look on the net for the cheapest price and get
> Jessops to price match removing problems associated with online
> purchases.

What problems ?

You don't get the 7 day 'cooling off' period during which you can change
your mind if you buy from a shop either...

--
Lordy

tHatDudeUK
December 26th 03, 06:31 PM
"Lordy" > wrote in message
.com...
> What problems ?
>
> You don't get the 7 day 'cooling off' period during which you can change
> your mind if you buy from a shop either...

True but it's all a hassle and costs money to post back etc and some online
retailers like to think you bought it now it's yours costing you lots of
money in phone calls etc etc... Better to check it out in store and then buy
it.

tHatDudeUK
December 26th 03, 06:31 PM
"Lordy" > wrote in message
.com...
> What problems ?
>
> You don't get the 7 day 'cooling off' period during which you can change
> your mind if you buy from a shop either...

True but it's all a hassle and costs money to post back etc and some online
retailers like to think you bought it now it's yours costing you lots of
money in phone calls etc etc... Better to check it out in store and then buy
it.

tox
December 26th 03, 06:38 PM
"Goodlass" > wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> My son has developed a liking for my digital camera (3 megapixel) and
wants
> to buy one for himself. Can anyone recommend the best place to get one at
> good price. Hew doesn't want anything too fancy, just good pics and
ability
> to insert a good memory card as he is off to Canada for a few weeks.

Take a look at the Fuji...
http://tinyurl.com/2y2de

HTH
tox

tox
December 26th 03, 06:38 PM
"Goodlass" > wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> My son has developed a liking for my digital camera (3 megapixel) and
wants
> to buy one for himself. Can anyone recommend the best place to get one at
> good price. Hew doesn't want anything too fancy, just good pics and
ability
> to insert a good memory card as he is off to Canada for a few weeks.

Take a look at the Fuji...
http://tinyurl.com/2y2de

HTH
tox

andrew cranston
December 27th 03, 05:11 PM
"tHatDudeUK" > wrote in message

> "Lordy" > wrote in message
> .com...
> > What problems ?
> >
> > You don't get the 7 day 'cooling off' period during which you can change
> > your mind if you buy from a shop either...
>
> True but it's all a hassle and costs money to post back etc and some
online
> retailers like to think you bought it now it's yours costing you lots of
> money in phone calls etc etc... Better to check it out in store and then
buy
> it.

just come back from klick in nottingham they were selling the kodak 1.3 meg
camera with docking station etc for 50 notes maybe a bargian as list was
249.99 when it came out or maybe not a bargain .

andrew

andrew cranston
December 27th 03, 05:11 PM
"tHatDudeUK" > wrote in message

> "Lordy" > wrote in message
> .com...
> > What problems ?
> >
> > You don't get the 7 day 'cooling off' period during which you can change
> > your mind if you buy from a shop either...
>
> True but it's all a hassle and costs money to post back etc and some
online
> retailers like to think you bought it now it's yours costing you lots of
> money in phone calls etc etc... Better to check it out in store and then
buy
> it.

just come back from klick in nottingham they were selling the kodak 1.3 meg
camera with docking station etc for 50 notes maybe a bargian as list was
249.99 when it came out or maybe not a bargain .

andrew

Sheila Clarke
December 28th 03, 01:56 AM
Sell it to him second hand and treat yourself to a new one.

Sheila Clarke
December 28th 03, 01:56 AM
Sell it to him second hand and treat yourself to a new one.

Google