PDA

View Full Version : has anyone found an ANTISPAM program that works?

Blackrat999
December 27th 03, 08:01 PM
please let me know if you have i have tried several trial versions and none
are worth paying for.
cheers

George
December 27th 03, 08:03 PM
"Blackrat999" > wrote in message
> please let me know if you have i have tried several trial versions and
none
> are worth paying for.
> cheers

K9
http://www.keir.net/k9.html

George
December 27th 03, 08:03 PM
"Blackrat999" > wrote in message
> please let me know if you have i have tried several trial versions and
none
> are worth paying for.
> cheers

K9
http://www.keir.net/k9.html

Mike Watson
December 27th 03, 08:11 PM
On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 19:01:56 -0000, "Blackrat999"
> wrote:

>please let me know if you have i have tried several trial versions and none
>are worth paying for.
>cheers

Popfile, its free too.

http://popfile.sourceforge.net/

Mike Watson
December 27th 03, 08:11 PM
On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 19:01:56 -0000, "Blackrat999"
> wrote:

>please let me know if you have i have tried several trial versions and none
>are worth paying for.
>cheers

Popfile, its free too.

http://popfile.sourceforge.net/

Ian F.
December 27th 03, 08:14 PM
"Blackrat999" > wrote in message

> please let me know if you have i have tried several trial versions and
none
> are worth paying for.

I use www.emailfiltering.co.uk OK, it costs a few quid a month but works
really well, especially when you get as much spam as I do.

Ian

Ian F.
December 27th 03, 08:14 PM
"Blackrat999" > wrote in message

> please let me know if you have i have tried several trial versions and
none
> are worth paying for.

I use www.emailfiltering.co.uk OK, it costs a few quid a month but works
really well, especially when you get as much spam as I do.

Ian

Zapp Brannigan
December 27th 03, 08:42 PM
Mike Watson wrote:

> On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 19:01:56 -0000, "Blackrat999"
> > wrote:
>

>>please let me know if you have i have tried several trial versions and none
>>are worth paying for.
>>cheers
>>

> Popfile, its free too.
>
> http://popfile.sourceforge.net/

Yep, POPFile is the buisness, everything else does not cut the mustard.,
It's giving me near as damit 100% accuracy here....

Zapp Brannigan
December 27th 03, 08:42 PM
Mike Watson wrote:

> On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 19:01:56 -0000, "Blackrat999"
> > wrote:
>

>>please let me know if you have i have tried several trial versions and none
>>are worth paying for.
>>cheers
>>

> Popfile, its free too.
>
> http://popfile.sourceforge.net/

Yep, POPFile is the buisness, everything else does not cut the mustard.,
It's giving me near as damit 100% accuracy here....

Erik The Bee
December 27th 03, 09:21 PM
Blackrat999 wrote:

> please let me know if you have i have tried several trial versions and none
> are worth paying for.
> cheers

I'm currently using Mailwasher which does the job for me.

--

Erik

Erik The Bee
December 27th 03, 09:21 PM
Blackrat999 wrote:

> please let me know if you have i have tried several trial versions and none
> are worth paying for.
> cheers

I'm currently using Mailwasher which does the job for me.

--

Erik

Blackrat999
December 28th 03, 10:41 AM
"Erik The Bee" > wrote in message
.. .
> Blackrat999 wrote:
>
> > please let me know if you have i have tried several trial versions and
none
> > are worth paying for.
> > cheers

Popfile looks hopeful, im giving it a go, thanks to everyone for the
suggestions, wish i had asked earlier !!
cheers
Blackrat999

Blackrat999
December 28th 03, 10:41 AM
"Erik The Bee" > wrote in message
.. .
> Blackrat999 wrote:
>
> > please let me know if you have i have tried several trial versions and
none
> > are worth paying for.
> > cheers

Popfile looks hopeful, im giving it a go, thanks to everyone for the
suggestions, wish i had asked earlier !!
cheers
Blackrat999

EddySon
December 28th 03, 12:55 PM
Yes my vote goes to Mailwasher http://www.firetrust.com/home/
At least you have the satisfaction of "bouncing" the mail back as an
incorrect E-Mail address.
eD
"Blackrat999" > wrote in message
> please let me know if you have i have tried several trial versions and
none
> are worth paying for.
> cheers

EddySon
December 28th 03, 12:55 PM
Yes my vote goes to Mailwasher http://www.firetrust.com/home/
At least you have the satisfaction of "bouncing" the mail back as an
incorrect E-Mail address.
eD
"Blackrat999" > wrote in message
> please let me know if you have i have tried several trial versions and
none
> are worth paying for.
> cheers

Gavin Gillespie
December 28th 03, 01:47 PM
"EddySon" > wrote in message
> Yes my vote goes to Mailwasher http://www.firetrust.com/home/
> At least you have the satisfaction of "bouncing" the mail back as an
> incorrect E-Mail address.

You should not be bouncing mail back, as most spam emails are usually
sent from forged addresses, which means that by bouncing them, you are
probably forwarding them to some poor soul, whose email address has
been used by the spammer. How would you like 20,000 plus messages,
which you had not sent, being 'returned' to your mail box?

Gavin Gillespie
December 28th 03, 01:47 PM
"EddySon" > wrote in message
> Yes my vote goes to Mailwasher http://www.firetrust.com/home/
> At least you have the satisfaction of "bouncing" the mail back as an
> incorrect E-Mail address.

You should not be bouncing mail back, as most spam emails are usually
sent from forged addresses, which means that by bouncing them, you are
probably forwarding them to some poor soul, whose email address has
been used by the spammer. How would you like 20,000 plus messages,
which you had not sent, being 'returned' to your mail box?

Psych
December 29th 03, 02:25 AM
Previously on alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains, Mike Watson said:

> On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 19:01:56 -0000, "Blackrat999"
> > wrote:
>
>>please let me know if you have i have tried several trial versions and none
>>are worth paying for.
>>cheers
>>
> Popfile, its free too.
>
> http://popfile.sourceforge.net/

for some reason i could never get it to work :(
personally, i prefer k9's ease of use.
that in combination with the bayesit plugin via the bat! means i barely
ever get any spam (to my inbox anyways) nowadays.

--
Psych (ICQ: 26170489)
the internet has had no effect on my life whatsoever.com

Psych
December 29th 03, 02:25 AM
Previously on alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains, Mike Watson said:

> On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 19:01:56 -0000, "Blackrat999"
> > wrote:
>
>>please let me know if you have i have tried several trial versions and none
>>are worth paying for.
>>cheers
>>
> Popfile, its free too.
>
> http://popfile.sourceforge.net/

for some reason i could never get it to work :(
personally, i prefer k9's ease of use.
that in combination with the bayesit plugin via the bat! means i barely
ever get any spam (to my inbox anyways) nowadays.

--
Psych (ICQ: 26170489)
the internet has had no effect on my life whatsoever.com
"If life is a waste of time and time is a waste of life,
then lets all get wasted and have the time of our lives."

Blackrat999
December 29th 03, 04:56 PM
Well i have tried Popfile for a couple of days and have now put it on mine
and my wifes laptop aswell as my PC !
what an excellent and free program, thanks for the recommendation.
if you cant get it to work then read the online manual, simple instructions
just a few settings to configure.
try it !!!
cheers
Blackrat999

Blackrat999
December 29th 03, 04:56 PM
Well i have tried Popfile for a couple of days and have now put it on mine
and my wifes laptop aswell as my PC !
what an excellent and free program, thanks for the recommendation.
if you cant get it to work then read the online manual, simple instructions
just a few settings to configure.
try it !!!
cheers
Blackrat999

Tân Coul
December 30th 03, 12:58 AM
On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 15:56:58 -0000, "Blackrat999"
> wrote:

>Well i have tried Popfile for a couple of days and have now put it on mine
>and my wifes laptop aswell as my PC !
>what an excellent and free program, thanks for the recommendation.

And my thanks also, a couple of days training it and performance is
superb - nice one :-)
--
www.oscartelos.co.uk
The best Chester Zoo photo website ever made by a cat (probably.)

Tân Coul
December 30th 03, 12:58 AM
On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 15:56:58 -0000, "Blackrat999"
> wrote:

>Well i have tried Popfile for a couple of days and have now put it on mine
>and my wifes laptop aswell as my PC !
>what an excellent and free program, thanks for the recommendation.

And my thanks also, a couple of days training it and performance is
superb - nice one :-)
--
www.oscartelos.co.uk
The best Chester Zoo photo website ever made by a cat (probably.)
Last updated March 13th 2003 but watch this space...

Sunil Sood
December 30th 03, 01:46 AM
"Blackrat999" > wrote in message
> please let me know if you have i have tried several trial versions and
none
> are worth paying for.

Norton AntiSpam is suprisingly good, though as with all such software you do
have to train it a little bit to help avoid the occasional "false positive"

Regards
Sunil

Sunil Sood
December 30th 03, 01:46 AM
"Blackrat999" > wrote in message
> please let me know if you have i have tried several trial versions and
none
> are worth paying for.

Norton AntiSpam is suprisingly good, though as with all such software you do
have to train it a little bit to help avoid the occasional "false positive"

Regards
Sunil

DCA
December 30th 03, 12:17 PM
"Zapp Brannigan" > wrote in message
| Mike Watson wrote:
|
| > On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 19:01:56 -0000, "Blackrat999"
| > > wrote:
| >

| >>please let me know if you have i have tried several trial versions and
none
| >>are worth paying for.
| >>cheers
| >>

| > Popfile, its free too.
| >
| > http://popfile.sourceforge.net/
|
| Yep, POPFile is the buisness, everything else does not cut the mustard.,
| It's giving me near as damit 100% accuracy here....

When it works - great
Today, the server is playing up and I can't get any mail!!!!!

DCA
December 30th 03, 12:17 PM
"Zapp Brannigan" > wrote in message
| Mike Watson wrote:
|
| > On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 19:01:56 -0000, "Blackrat999"
| > > wrote:
| >

| >>please let me know if you have i have tried several trial versions and
none
| >>are worth paying for.
| >>cheers
| >>

| > Popfile, its free too.
| >
| > http://popfile.sourceforge.net/
|
| Yep, POPFile is the buisness, everything else does not cut the mustard.,
| It's giving me near as damit 100% accuracy here....

When it works - great
Today, the server is playing up and I can't get any mail!!!!!

Zapp Brannigan
December 30th 03, 01:16 PM
DCA wrote:
> "Zapp Brannigan" > wrote in message
> | Mike Watson wrote:
> |
> | > On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 19:01:56 -0000, "Blackrat999"

> none
> | >>

> | > Popfile, its free too.
> | >
> | > http://popfile.sourceforge.net/
> |
> | Yep, POPFile is the buisness, everything else does not cut the mustard.,
> | It's giving me near as damit 100% accuracy here....
>
> When it works - great
> Today, the server is playing up and I can't get any mail!!!!!

Hmm, it's either your real POP3 server, or the POPFile Proxy POP3
server. I have not had any problems running POPFile under XP or
Win2000, but I don't know how well it works under older micky mouse OSes
liek 98 or Me... If you restart your system, POPFile will reload, and
that may fix things, (or end the popfileib.exe task and restart it).

Zapp Brannigan
December 30th 03, 01:16 PM
DCA wrote:
> "Zapp Brannigan" > wrote in message
> | Mike Watson wrote:
> |
> | > On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 19:01:56 -0000, "Blackrat999"

> none
> | >>

> | > Popfile, its free too.
> | >
> | > http://popfile.sourceforge.net/
> |
> | Yep, POPFile is the buisness, everything else does not cut the mustard.,
> | It's giving me near as damit 100% accuracy here....
>
> When it works - great
> Today, the server is playing up and I can't get any mail!!!!!

Hmm, it's either your real POP3 server, or the POPFile Proxy POP3
server. I have not had any problems running POPFile under XP or
Win2000, but I don't know how well it works under older micky mouse OSes
liek 98 or Me... If you restart your system, POPFile will reload, and
that may fix things, (or end the popfileib.exe task and restart it).

DCA
December 30th 03, 03:11 PM
"Zapp Brannigan" > wrote in message
| DCA wrote:
| > "Zapp Brannigan" > wrote in message
| > | Mike Watson wrote:
| > |

| > none

| > |
| > | Yep, POPFile is the buisness, everything else does not cut the
mustard.,
| > | It's giving me near as damit 100% accuracy here....
| >
| > When it works - great
| > Today, the server is playing up and I can't get any mail!!!!!
| >

| Hmm, it's either your real POP3 server, or the POPFile Proxy POP3
| server. I have not had any problems running POPFile under XP or
| Win2000, but I don't know how well it works under older micky mouse OSes
| liek 98 or Me... If you restart your system, POPFile will reload, and
| that may fix things, (or end the popfileib.exe task and restart it).

Outlook told me it was the 127.0.0.x server NOT my ntl server
Anyway, its back up now!
Thanks anyway
David

DCA
December 30th 03, 03:11 PM
"Zapp Brannigan" > wrote in message
| DCA wrote:
| > "Zapp Brannigan" > wrote in message
| > | Mike Watson wrote:
| > |

| > none

| > |
| > | Yep, POPFile is the buisness, everything else does not cut the
mustard.,
| > | It's giving me near as damit 100% accuracy here....
| >
| > When it works - great
| > Today, the server is playing up and I can't get any mail!!!!!
| >

| Hmm, it's either your real POP3 server, or the POPFile Proxy POP3
| server. I have not had any problems running POPFile under XP or
| Win2000, but I don't know how well it works under older micky mouse OSes
| liek 98 or Me... If you restart your system, POPFile will reload, and
| that may fix things, (or end the popfileib.exe task and restart it).

Outlook told me it was the 127.0.0.x server NOT my ntl server
Anyway, its back up now!
Thanks anyway
David

Zapp Brannigan
December 31st 03, 12:22 AM
DCA wrote:
> "Zapp Brannigan" > wrote in message
> | DCA wrote:
> | > |

> and
> | > none

> | > |
> mustard.,
> | >
> | > When it works - great
> | > Today, the server is playing up and I can't get any mail!!!!!
> | >

> | Hmm, it's either your real POP3 server, or the POPFile Proxy POP3
> | server. I have not had any problems running POPFile under XP or
> | Win2000, but I don't know how well it works under older micky mouse OSes
> | liek 98 or Me... If you restart your system, POPFile will reload, and
> | that may fix things, (or end the popfileib.exe task and restart it).
>
> Outlook told me it was the 127.0.0.x server NOT my ntl server
> Anyway, its back up now!
> Thanks anyway
> David

Outlook will always report the problem as being localhost (127.0.0.1),
as all email is received from there. POPfile works as a proxy. You
email talks to POPfile and POPfile then gets the mail from your NTL POP3
server. The same also applies to errors, if NTL server has problems
(which when I was using them up until recently, it did quite freqently),
then the problem will be reported as a problem with localhost (POPFile).
It's sometimes very diffucult work out where the problem is!! (I just
restart POPfile, if it still does not work, then I blame my ISP's
servers!!!).

Anyway glad to hear it's working.

Zapp Brannigan
December 31st 03, 12:22 AM
DCA wrote:
> "Zapp Brannigan" > wrote in message
> | DCA wrote:
> | > |

> and
> | > none

> | > |
> mustard.,
> | >
> | > When it works - great
> | > Today, the server is playing up and I can't get any mail!!!!!
> | >

> | Hmm, it's either your real POP3 server, or the POPFile Proxy POP3
> | server. I have not had any problems running POPFile under XP or
> | Win2000, but I don't know how well it works under older micky mouse OSes
> | liek 98 or Me... If you restart your system, POPFile will reload, and
> | that may fix things, (or end the popfileib.exe task and restart it).
>
> Outlook told me it was the 127.0.0.x server NOT my ntl server
> Anyway, its back up now!
> Thanks anyway
> David

Outlook will always report the problem as being localhost (127.0.0.1),
as all email is received from there. POPfile works as a proxy. You
email talks to POPfile and POPfile then gets the mail from your NTL POP3
server. The same also applies to errors, if NTL server has problems
(which when I was using them up until recently, it did quite freqently),
then the problem will be reported as a problem with localhost (POPFile).
It's sometimes very diffucult work out where the problem is!! (I just
restart POPfile, if it still does not work, then I blame my ISP's
servers!!!).

Anyway glad to hear it's working.

Robert Holdford
December 31st 03, 12:32 AM
I know maybe I should'nt have spent the money, but, I did!!! Norton
AntiSpam, brilliant. Even without any training it sorted 83% of spam and
made no mistakes. That should improve over the next few days. I know it
was £24.95ish at PC World but I feel much better now. Seems to sort into
spam folder and can delete the whole lot at once etc. Possibly does more
but have not read the instructions yet :-)

Now maybe I can leave the room door open when reading emails!!!!!

relief.

Bob....

"Blackrat999" > wrote in message
> please let me know if you have i have tried several trial versions and
none
> are worth paying for.
> cheers

Robert Holdford
December 31st 03, 12:32 AM
I know maybe I should'nt have spent the money, but, I did!!! Norton
AntiSpam, brilliant. Even without any training it sorted 83% of spam and
made no mistakes. That should improve over the next few days. I know it
was £24.95ish at PC World but I feel much better now. Seems to sort into
spam folder and can delete the whole lot at once etc. Possibly does more
but have not read the instructions yet :-)

Now maybe I can leave the room door open when reading emails!!!!!

relief.

Bob....

"Blackrat999" > wrote in message
> please let me know if you have i have tried several trial versions and
none
> are worth paying for.
> cheers

Russell Turner
January 30th 04, 08:28 AM
> "Blackrat999" > wrote in message
> please let me know if you have i have tried several trial versions and none
> are worth paying for.
> cheers

You can trial M at http://m.geobytes.com/

Russell Turner
January 30th 04, 08:28 AM
> "Blackrat999" > wrote in message
> please let me know if you have i have tried several trial versions and none
> are worth paying for.
> cheers

You can trial M at http://m.geobytes.com/

Russell Turner
January 30th 04, 08:28 AM
> "Blackrat999" > wrote in message
> please let me know if you have i have tried several trial versions and none
> are worth paying for.
> cheers

You can trial M at http://m.geobytes.com/

Gummo
January 30th 04, 08:57 AM
I've scrapped SPAM altogether on my OE e-mail account by restricting senders
to people in my address book.

Gummo

"Russell Turner" > wrote in message
om...
> > "Blackrat999" > wrote in message
> > please let me know if you have i have tried several trial versions and
none
> > are worth paying for.
> > cheers
> >

> You can trial M at http://m.geobytes.com/

Gummo
January 30th 04, 08:57 AM
I've scrapped SPAM altogether on my OE e-mail account by restricting senders
to people in my address book.

Gummo

"Russell Turner" > wrote in message
om...
> > "Blackrat999" > wrote in message
> > please let me know if you have i have tried several trial versions and
none
> > are worth paying for.
> > cheers
> >

> You can trial M at http://m.geobytes.com/

Gummo
January 30th 04, 08:57 AM
I've scrapped SPAM altogether on my OE e-mail account by restricting senders
to people in my address book.

Gummo

"Russell Turner" > wrote in message
om...
> > "Blackrat999" > wrote in message
> > please let me know if you have i have tried several trial versions and
none
> > are worth paying for.
> > cheers
> >

> You can trial M at http://m.geobytes.com/

Phil
January 30th 04, 10:30 AM
Easy for you, what about if you use a business email for legitimate enquires
from strangers!

"Gummo" > wrote in message
> I've scrapped SPAM altogether on my OE e-mail account by restricting
senders
> to people in my address book.
>
> Gummo
>
> "Russell Turner" > wrote in message
> om...
> > > "Blackrat999" > wrote in message
> > > please let me know if you have i have tried several trial versions and
> none
> > > are worth paying for.
> > > cheers
> > >

> > You can trial M at http://m.geobytes.com/

JK
January 30th 04, 12:15 PM
Russell Turner wrote:
>> "Blackrat999" > wrote in message
>> please let me know if you have i have tried several trial versions
>> and none are worth paying for.
>> cheers
>>

> You can trial M at http://m.geobytes.com/

Spampal works very well using blocking lists. Outclass is a very good
Bayesian classifier for Outlook. Both slow your mail retrieval. Both are
free.

JK
January 30th 04, 12:15 PM

Russell Turner wrote:
>> "Blackrat999" > wrote in message
>> please let me know if you have i have tried several trial versions
>> and none are worth paying for.
>> cheers
>>

> You can trial M at http://m.geobytes.com/

Spampal works very well using blocking lists. Outclass is a very good
Bayesian classifier for Outlook. Both slow your mail retrieval. Both are
free.

Geoff Winkless
January 30th 04, 12:49 PM
JK wrote:
> Russell Turner wrote:
>>> "Blackrat999" > wrote in message
>>> please let me know if you have i have tried several trial versions
>>> and none are worth paying for.
>>> cheers
>>>

>> You can trial M at http://m.geobytes.com/
>

> Spampal works very well using blocking lists. Outclass is a very good
> Bayesian classifier for Outlook. Both slow your mail retrieval. Both
> are free.

I've found popfile (http://popfile.sourceforge.net/ ) to be 99% effective.

Geoff

Geoff Winkless
January 30th 04, 12:49 PM

JK wrote:
> Russell Turner wrote:
>>> "Blackrat999" > wrote in message
>>> please let me know if you have i have tried several trial versions
>>> and none are worth paying for.
>>> cheers
>>>

>> You can trial M at http://m.geobytes.com/
>

> Spampal works very well using blocking lists. Outclass is a very good
> Bayesian classifier for Outlook. Both slow your mail retrieval. Both
> are free.

I've found popfile (http://popfile.sourceforge.net/ ) to be 99% effective.

Geoff

January 30th 04, 04:13 PM
"Geoff Winkless" ]> wrote in message
et...
> JK wrote:
> >>>

> >> You can trial M at http://m.geobytes.com/
> >

> > Spampal works very well using blocking lists. Outclass is a very good
> > Bayesian classifier for Outlook. Both slow your mail retrieval. Both
> > are free.
>
> I've found popfile (http://popfile.sourceforge.net/ ) to be 99% effective.
>
> Geoff

anyone tried Symantec's Norton AntiSpamT 2004

dont know if true but ad blurb says

filters unwanted email out of your inbox. Working with any POP3 email
program, it filters incoming mail on multiple levels, detecting and flagging
unsolicited messages while promptly delivering valid mail. To make your
online time more enjoyable, Norton AntiSpam also blocks intrusive pop-up and
banner ads.

January 30th 04, 04:13 PM
"Geoff Winkless" ]> wrote in message
et...
> JK wrote:
> >>>

> >> You can trial M at http://m.geobytes.com/
> >

> > Spampal works very well using blocking lists. Outclass is a very good
> > Bayesian classifier for Outlook. Both slow your mail retrieval. Both
> > are free.
>
> I've found popfile (http://popfile.sourceforge.net/ ) to be 99% effective.
>
> Geoff

anyone tried Symantec's Norton AntiSpamT 2004

dont know if true but ad blurb says

filters unwanted email out of your inbox. Working with any POP3 email
program, it filters incoming mail on multiple levels, detecting and flagging
unsolicited messages while promptly delivering valid mail. To make your
online time more enjoyable, Norton AntiSpam also blocks intrusive pop-up and
banner ads.

January 30th 04, 04:13 PM
"Geoff Winkless" ]> wrote in message
et...
> JK wrote:
> >>>

> >> You can trial M at http://m.geobytes.com/
> >

> > Spampal works very well using blocking lists. Outclass is a very good
> > Bayesian classifier for Outlook. Both slow your mail retrieval. Both
> > are free.
>
> I've found popfile (http://popfile.sourceforge.net/ ) to be 99% effective.
>
> Geoff

anyone tried Symantec's Norton AntiSpamT 2004

dont know if true but ad blurb says

filters unwanted email out of your inbox. Working with any POP3 email
program, it filters incoming mail on multiple levels, detecting and flagging
unsolicited messages while promptly delivering valid mail. To make your
online time more enjoyable, Norton AntiSpam also blocks intrusive pop-up and
banner ads.

Zapp Brannigan
January 30th 04, 04:26 PM
Geoff Winkless wrote:
> JK wrote:

>>>You can trial M at http://m.geobytes.com/
>>

>>Spampal works very well using blocking lists. Outclass is a very good
>>Bayesian classifier for Outlook. Both slow your mail retrieval. Both
>>are free.
>

> I've found popfile (http://popfile.sourceforge.net/ ) to be 99% effective.
>
> Geoff

POPFile works perfectly for me... I would say it's the best one out
there for accuracy and it's free....

Zapp Brannigan
January 30th 04, 04:26 PM

Geoff Winkless wrote:
> JK wrote:

>>>You can trial M at http://m.geobytes.com/
>>

>>Spampal works very well using blocking lists. Outclass is a very good
>>Bayesian classifier for Outlook. Both slow your mail retrieval. Both
>>are free.
>

> I've found popfile (http://popfile.sourceforge.net/ ) to be 99% effective.
>
> Geoff

POPFile works perfectly for me... I would say it's the best one out
there for accuracy and it's free....

Robert Holdford
January 31st 04, 01:43 AM
"x" > wrote in message ...

> "Geoff Winkless" ]> wrote in message
> et...
> > JK wrote:

> > > Spampal works very well using blocking lists. Outclass is a very good
> > > Bayesian classifier for Outlook. Both slow your mail retrieval. Both
> > > are free.
> >
> > I've found popfile (http://popfile.sourceforge.net/ ) to be 99%
effective.

> > Geoff
>
> anyone tried Symantec's Norton AntiSpamT 2004
>
> dont know if true but ad blurb says
>
> filters unwanted email out of your inbox. Working with any POP3 email
> program, it filters incoming mail on multiple levels, detecting and
flagging
> unsolicited messages while promptly delivering valid mail. To make your
> online time more enjoyable, Norton AntiSpam also blocks intrusive pop-up
and
> banner ads.

It seemed to work really well, then Internet Explorer stopped working???

Bob....

Robert Holdford
January 31st 04, 01:43 AM

"x" > wrote in message ...

> "Geoff Winkless" ]> wrote in message
> et...
> > JK wrote:

> > > Spampal works very well using blocking lists. Outclass is a very good
> > > Bayesian classifier for Outlook. Both slow your mail retrieval. Both
> > > are free.
> >
> > I've found popfile (http://popfile.sourceforge.net/ ) to be 99%
effective.

> > Geoff
>
> anyone tried Symantec's Norton AntiSpamT 2004
>
> dont know if true but ad blurb says
>
> filters unwanted email out of your inbox. Working with any POP3 email
> program, it filters incoming mail on multiple levels, detecting and
flagging
> unsolicited messages while promptly delivering valid mail. To make your
> online time more enjoyable, Norton AntiSpam also blocks intrusive pop-up
and
> banner ads.

It seemed to work really well, then Internet Explorer stopped working???

Bob....

Google