PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a video recorder

Tony & Debs
December 28th 03, 10:16 PM
Hi all

We are looking to buy a Nicam video recorder no more that £100 that will
connect to our phillips 28" widescreen Tv.
We brought a DVD player from Asda (pacific 1002), and we were wondering if
there Video`s are any good or should i go for something like this:-

http://www.greatsaves.co.uk/product.asp?id=1396

Thanks for any help

Tony

Big Mc
December 28th 03, 11:16 PM
"Tony & Debs" > wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> We are looking to buy a Nicam video recorder no more that £100 that will
> connect to our phillips 28" widescreen Tv.
> We brought a DVD player from Asda (pacific 1002), and we were wondering if
> there Video`s are any good or should i go for something like this:-
>
> http://www.greatsaves.co.uk/product.asp?id=1396

if you are lucky your local Safeway may have some of their Broksonic Nicam
VCR's left a bargain at £49.98 the offer finishes on 31st December
unfortunately I missed out at my local Safeway.

Big Mc
December 28th 03, 11:16 PM
"Tony & Debs" > wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> We are looking to buy a Nicam video recorder no more that £100 that will
> connect to our phillips 28" widescreen Tv.
> We brought a DVD player from Asda (pacific 1002), and we were wondering if
> there Video`s are any good or should i go for something like this:-
>
> http://www.greatsaves.co.uk/product.asp?id=1396

if you are lucky your local Safeway may have some of their Broksonic Nicam
VCR's left a bargain at £49.98 the offer finishes on 31st December
unfortunately I missed out at my local Safeway.

tox
December 29th 03, 01:23 AM
"Tony & Debs" > wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> We are looking to buy a Nicam video recorder no more that £100 that will
> connect to our phillips 28" widescreen Tv.
> We brought a DVD player from Asda (pacific 1002), and we were wondering if
> there Video`s are any good or should i go for something like this:-
>
> http://www.greatsaves.co.uk/product.asp?id=1396

Save some dosh, try
http://www.unbeatable.co.uk/CatalogueItem_13210.html Good brand, six heads,
plenty of bells and whistles, under £60...

HTH
tox

tox
December 29th 03, 01:23 AM
"Tony & Debs" > wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> We are looking to buy a Nicam video recorder no more that £100 that will
> connect to our phillips 28" widescreen Tv.
> We brought a DVD player from Asda (pacific 1002), and we were wondering if
> there Video`s are any good or should i go for something like this:-
>
> http://www.greatsaves.co.uk/product.asp?id=1396

Save some dosh, try
http://www.unbeatable.co.uk/CatalogueItem_13210.html Good brand, six heads,
plenty of bells and whistles, under £60...

HTH
tox

Angus Rodgers
December 29th 03, 09:06 AM
On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 00:23:53 -0000, "tox"
<The Human > wrote:

> "Tony & Debs" > wrote in message
> > Hi all
> >
> > We are looking to buy a Nicam video recorder no more that
> > £100 that will connect to our phillips 28" widescreen Tv.
> > We brought a DVD player from Asda (pacific 1002), and we
> > were wondering if there Video`s are any good or should i
> > go for something like this:-
> >
> > http://www.greatsaves.co.uk/product.asp?id=1396
>
> Save some dosh, try
> http://www.unbeatable.co.uk/CatalogueItem_13210.html Good brand,
> six heads, plenty of bells and whistles, under £60...

(LG LV720)

I'll second that recommendation. I bought one of these from
Richer Sounds, and am happy with it (apart from the noise it
makes when running). See my posting in the thread "Christmas
Day Bargains" (on the 26th).

Note that the advertisement is incorrect in stating that this
model has VideoPlus.

--
Angus Rodgers ([email protected] eats spam; reply to [email protected])

<The Human > wrote:

> "Tony & Debs" > wrote in message
> > Hi all
> >
> > We are looking to buy a Nicam video recorder no more that
> > £100 that will connect to our phillips 28" widescreen Tv.
> > We brought a DVD player from Asda (pacific 1002), and we
> > were wondering if there Video`s are any good or should i
> > go for something like this:-
> >
> > http://www.greatsaves.co.uk/product.asp?id=1396
>
> Save some dosh, try
> http://www.unbeatable.co.uk/CatalogueItem_13210.html Good brand,
> six heads, plenty of bells and whistles, under £60...

(LG LV720)

I'll second that recommendation. I bought one of these from
Richer Sounds, and am happy with it (apart from the noise it
makes when running). See my posting in the thread "Christmas
Day Bargains" (on the 26th).

Note that the advertisement is incorrect in stating that this
model has VideoPlus.

--
Angus Rodgers ([email protected] eats spam; reply to [email protected])

Doug Ramage
December 29th 03, 09:30 AM
"Tony & Debs" > wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> We are looking to buy a Nicam video recorder no more that £100 that will
> connect to our phillips 28" widescreen Tv.
> We brought a DVD player from Asda (pacific 1002), and we were wondering if
> there Video`s are any good or should i go for something like this:-
>
> http://www.greatsaves.co.uk/product.asp?id=1396
>

> Thanks for any help
>
> Tony

If you can stretch you budget to £130 - John Lewis are doing a Super VHS
deck for £129.99 (delivery is about £4). Might be cheaper elsewhere.

As I have a recordable dvd player, this is the last video recorder I expect
to buy, so I decided on a brand name and good picture quality - Panasonic
NVSV120EBS. I have only had it for a few weeks, but it has been fine so far.
--
Doug Ramage

***Watch Spam Trap***

Doug Ramage
December 29th 03, 09:30 AM
"Tony & Debs" > wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> We are looking to buy a Nicam video recorder no more that £100 that will
> connect to our phillips 28" widescreen Tv.
> We brought a DVD player from Asda (pacific 1002), and we were wondering if
> there Video`s are any good or should i go for something like this:-
>
> http://www.greatsaves.co.uk/product.asp?id=1396
>

> Thanks for any help
>
> Tony

If you can stretch you budget to £130 - John Lewis are doing a Super VHS
deck for £129.99 (delivery is about £4). Might be cheaper elsewhere.

As I have a recordable dvd player, this is the last video recorder I expect
to buy, so I decided on a brand name and good picture quality - Panasonic
NVSV120EBS. I have only had it for a few weeks, but it has been fine so far.
--
Doug Ramage

***Watch Spam Trap***

Doug Ramage
December 29th 03, 01:26 PM

"Tony & Debs" > wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> We are looking to buy a Nicam video recorder no more that £100 that will
> connect to our phillips 28" widescreen Tv.
> We brought a DVD player from Asda (pacific 1002), and we were wondering if
> there Video`s are any good or should i go for something like this:-
>
> http://www.greatsaves.co.uk/product.asp?id=1396
>

> Thanks for any help
>
> Tony

If you can stretch you budget to £130 - John Lewis are doing a Super VHS
deck for £129.99 (delivery is about £4). Might be cheaper elsewhere.

As I have a recordable dvd player, this is the last video recorder I expect
to buy, so I decided on a brand name and good picture quality - Panasonic
NVSV120EBS. I have only had it for a few weeks, but it has been fine so far.
--
Doug Ramage

***Watch Spam Trap***

Google