PDA

View Full Version : Casio Digital Camera. 4MP, 3x optical zoom for £157.15

Reestit Mutton
January 1st 04, 04:16 PM
Dixons is doing free delivery for items over £100 for today only
If you use the discount code DCBYAW at checkout you get 7.5% off

So that means that the Casio QV-R40 is now (for today only)
£169.89 - 7.5% = £157.15

That's the cheapest that you're likely to get a 4MP camera for (with optical
zoom)

FWIW - I had a look at one of these in store and it is a very dinky little
camera - aluminium casing, much smaller than I had expected it to be.
Girlfriend really liked it. I would have bought one but it doesn't have an
AF assist lamp and that's a minimum requirement for my next digital camera
purchase.

Reviewd by Steve's Digicams here: http://tinyurl.com/3bqox

The product page can be found here: http://tinyurl.com/2d6ya

or, for those who like to know exactly what they're clicking on, here:
http://www.dixons.co.uk/product.php?sku=962572

cheers,
RM

spriggs
January 1st 04, 04:26 PM
Excludes Computing products and games consoles typical i was gonna buy a
printer.

Kay
"Reestit Mutton" > wrote in message
> Dixons is doing free delivery for items over £100 for today only
> If you use the discount code DCBYAW at checkout you get 7.5% off
>
> So that means that the Casio QV-R40 is now (for today only)
> £169.89 - 7.5% = £157.15
>
> That's the cheapest that you're likely to get a 4MP camera for (with
optical
> zoom)
>
> FWIW - I had a look at one of these in store and it is a very dinky little
> camera - aluminium casing, much smaller than I had expected it to be.
> Girlfriend really liked it. I would have bought one but it doesn't have an
> AF assist lamp and that's a minimum requirement for my next digital camera
> purchase.
>
> Reviewd by Steve's Digicams here: http://tinyurl.com/3bqox
>
> The product page can be found here: http://tinyurl.com/2d6ya
>
> or, for those who like to know exactly what they're clicking on, here:
> http://www.dixons.co.uk/product.php?sku=962572
>
> cheers,
> RM

spriggs
January 1st 04, 04:26 PM
Excludes Computing products and games consoles typical i was gonna buy a
printer.

Kay
"Reestit Mutton" > wrote in message
> Dixons is doing free delivery for items over £100 for today only
> If you use the discount code DCBYAW at checkout you get 7.5% off
>
> So that means that the Casio QV-R40 is now (for today only)
> £169.89 - 7.5% = £157.15
>
> That's the cheapest that you're likely to get a 4MP camera for (with
optical
> zoom)
>
> FWIW - I had a look at one of these in store and it is a very dinky little
> camera - aluminium casing, much smaller than I had expected it to be.
> Girlfriend really liked it. I would have bought one but it doesn't have an
> AF assist lamp and that's a minimum requirement for my next digital camera
> purchase.
>
> Reviewd by Steve's Digicams here: http://tinyurl.com/3bqox
>
> The product page can be found here: http://tinyurl.com/2d6ya
>
> or, for those who like to know exactly what they're clicking on, here:
> http://www.dixons.co.uk/product.php?sku=962572
>
> cheers,
> RM

MC_Emily
January 1st 04, 07:49 PM
Reestit Mutton wrote:
> Dixons is doing free delivery for items over £100 for today only
> If you use the discount code DCBYAW at checkout you get 7.5% off
>
> So that means that the Casio QV-R40 is now (for today only)
> £169.89 - 7.5% = £157.15
>
> That's the cheapest that you're likely to get a 4MP camera for (with
> optical zoom)
>
> FWIW - I had a look at one of these in store and it is a very dinky
> little camera - aluminium casing, much smaller than I had expected it
> to be. Girlfriend really liked it. I would have bought one but it
> doesn't have an AF assist lamp and that's a minimum requirement for
> my next digital camera purchase.
>
> Reviewd by Steve's Digicams here: http://tinyurl.com/3bqox
>
> The product page can be found here: http://tinyurl.com/2d6ya
>
> or, for those who like to know exactly what they're clicking on, here:
> http://www.dixons.co.uk/product.php?sku=962572
>
> cheers,
> RM

I'm hopeless with digicams - I know *nothing* about them at all. Is there
any reason NOT to buy this one? I don't need anything fancy but I'd like to
move to a digital. I'd want it for outdoor shots, close-up indoor and for
pics for eBay. Would it be any good for this? Are there any inherant
problems with digicams, like expensive cartridges with Lexmark printers -
you know, that sort of thing? I'd be very grateful for any advice. Thanks.

Jaqy

MC_Emily
January 1st 04, 07:49 PM

Reestit Mutton wrote:
> Dixons is doing free delivery for items over £100 for today only
> If you use the discount code DCBYAW at checkout you get 7.5% off
>
> So that means that the Casio QV-R40 is now (for today only)
> £169.89 - 7.5% = £157.15
>
> That's the cheapest that you're likely to get a 4MP camera for (with
> optical zoom)
>
> FWIW - I had a look at one of these in store and it is a very dinky
> little camera - aluminium casing, much smaller than I had expected it
> to be. Girlfriend really liked it. I would have bought one but it
> doesn't have an AF assist lamp and that's a minimum requirement for
> my next digital camera purchase.
>
> Reviewd by Steve's Digicams here: http://tinyurl.com/3bqox
>
> The product page can be found here: http://tinyurl.com/2d6ya
>
> or, for those who like to know exactly what they're clicking on, here:
> http://www.dixons.co.uk/product.php?sku=962572
>
> cheers,
> RM

I'm hopeless with digicams - I know *nothing* about them at all. Is there
any reason NOT to buy this one? I don't need anything fancy but I'd like to
move to a digital. I'd want it for outdoor shots, close-up indoor and for
pics for eBay. Would it be any good for this? Are there any inherant
problems with digicams, like expensive cartridges with Lexmark printers -
you know, that sort of thing? I'd be very grateful for any advice. Thanks.

Jaqy

ZigzigZag
January 1st 04, 09:47 PM
"MC_Emily" > wrote in message
> Reestit Mutton wrote:
> > Dixons is doing free delivery for items over £100 for today only
> > If you use the discount code DCBYAW at checkout you get 7.5% off
> >
> > So that means that the Casio QV-R40 is now (for today only)
> > £169.89 - 7.5% = £157.15
> >
> > That's the cheapest that you're likely to get a 4MP camera for (with
> > optical zoom)
> >
> > FWIW - I had a look at one of these in store and it is a very dinky
> > little camera - aluminium casing, much smaller than I had expected it
> > to be. Girlfriend really liked it. I would have bought one but it
> > doesn't have an AF assist lamp and that's a minimum requirement for
> > my next digital camera purchase.
> >
> > Reviewd by Steve's Digicams here: http://tinyurl.com/3bqox
> >
> > The product page can be found here: http://tinyurl.com/2d6ya
> >
> > or, for those who like to know exactly what they're clicking on, here:
> > http://www.dixons.co.uk/product.php?sku=962572
> >
> > cheers,
> > RM
>
> I'm hopeless with digicams - I know *nothing* about them at all. Is there
> any reason NOT to buy this one? I don't need anything fancy but I'd like
> move to a digital. I'd want it for outdoor shots, close-up indoor and for
> pics for eBay. Would it be any good for this? Are there any inherant
> problems with digicams, like expensive cartridges with Lexmark printers -
> you know, that sort of thing? I'd be very grateful for any advice.
Thanks.

> Jaqy

No - there are definately no expensive ink cartdridges to buy for this one
:-)

---
My mail is Virus free - like me !

ZigzigZag
January 1st 04, 09:47 PM

"MC_Emily" > wrote in message
> Reestit Mutton wrote:
> > Dixons is doing free delivery for items over £100 for today only
> > If you use the discount code DCBYAW at checkout you get 7.5% off
> >
> > So that means that the Casio QV-R40 is now (for today only)
> > £169.89 - 7.5% = £157.15
> >
> > That's the cheapest that you're likely to get a 4MP camera for (with
> > optical zoom)
> >
> > FWIW - I had a look at one of these in store and it is a very dinky
> > little camera - aluminium casing, much smaller than I had expected it
> > to be. Girlfriend really liked it. I would have bought one but it
> > doesn't have an AF assist lamp and that's a minimum requirement for
> > my next digital camera purchase.
> >
> > Reviewd by Steve's Digicams here: http://tinyurl.com/3bqox
> >
> > The product page can be found here: http://tinyurl.com/2d6ya
> >
> > or, for those who like to know exactly what they're clicking on, here:
> > http://www.dixons.co.uk/product.php?sku=962572
> >
> > cheers,
> > RM
>
> I'm hopeless with digicams - I know *nothing* about them at all. Is there
> any reason NOT to buy this one? I don't need anything fancy but I'd like
> move to a digital. I'd want it for outdoor shots, close-up indoor and for
> pics for eBay. Would it be any good for this? Are there any inherant
> problems with digicams, like expensive cartridges with Lexmark printers -
> you know, that sort of thing? I'd be very grateful for any advice.
Thanks.

> Jaqy

No - there are definately no expensive ink cartdridges to buy for this one
:-)

---
My mail is Virus free - like me !

MC_Emily
January 1st 04, 10:33 PM
ZigzigZag wrote:

>> I'm hopeless with digicams - I know *nothing* about them at all. Is
>> there any reason NOT to buy this one? I don't need anything fancy
>> but I'd like to move to a digital. I'd want it for outdoor shots,
>> close-up indoor and for pics for eBay. Would it be any good for
>> this? Are there any inherant problems with digicams, like expensive
>> cartridges with Lexmark printers - you know, that sort of thing?
>> I'd be very grateful for any advice. Thanks.
>> Jaqy

> No - there are definately no expensive ink cartdridges to buy for
> this one :-)

LOL!! You know *exactly* what I was saying!!! :o)))

Jaqy

MC_Emily
January 1st 04, 10:33 PM

ZigzigZag wrote:

>> I'm hopeless with digicams - I know *nothing* about them at all. Is
>> there any reason NOT to buy this one? I don't need anything fancy
>> but I'd like to move to a digital. I'd want it for outdoor shots,
>> close-up indoor and for pics for eBay. Would it be any good for
>> this? Are there any inherant problems with digicams, like expensive
>> cartridges with Lexmark printers - you know, that sort of thing?
>> I'd be very grateful for any advice. Thanks.
>> Jaqy

> No - there are definately no expensive ink cartdridges to buy for
> this one :-)

LOL!! You know *exactly* what I was saying!!! :o)))

Jaqy

tox
January 2nd 04, 11:04 AM
"MC_Emily" > wrote in message

> I'm hopeless with digicams - I know *nothing* about them at all. Is there
> any reason NOT to buy this one? I don't need anything fancy but I'd like
> move to a digital. I'd want it for outdoor shots, close-up indoor and for
> pics for eBay. Would it be any good for this? Are there any inherant
> problems with digicams, like expensive cartridges with Lexmark printers -
> you know, that sort of thing? I'd be very grateful for any advice.
Thanks.

Hi Jaqy

Have a look at http://tinyurl.com/2ppry I'm not sure if it's the best price
available, however, you get some seriously fine camera for the money. Fuji
really have had some great reviews recently...well worth a look.

HTH
tox

tox
January 2nd 04, 11:04 AM

"MC_Emily" > wrote in message

> I'm hopeless with digicams - I know *nothing* about them at all. Is there
> any reason NOT to buy this one? I don't need anything fancy but I'd like
> move to a digital. I'd want it for outdoor shots, close-up indoor and for
> pics for eBay. Would it be any good for this? Are there any inherant
> problems with digicams, like expensive cartridges with Lexmark printers -
> you know, that sort of thing? I'd be very grateful for any advice.
Thanks.

Hi Jaqy

Have a look at http://tinyurl.com/2ppry I'm not sure if it's the best price
available, however, you get some seriously fine camera for the money. Fuji
really have had some great reviews recently...well worth a look.

HTH
tox

Google