PDA

View Full Version : carphonewarehouse out of stock

andrew cranston
January 2nd 04, 01:40 PM
anyone else got the email saying out of stock for the palm 7i zire?.

Andrew

Reestit Mutton
January 2nd 04, 01:41 PM
andrew cranston wrote:
> anyone else got the email saying out of stock for the palm 7i zire?.
>
> Andrew

See my previous post.

Clearly, they're trying it on - demand fulfilment or replacement with a
Tungsten T and tell them that trading standards wiould not look kindly
on what is effectively false advertising and potentially "bait and
switch" tactics.

If they meet enough resistance, I think they may relent.

RM
--
unlocking Nokia and SonyEricsson phones in the Edinburgh area
email: reestit_mutton AT lauriem DOT plus DOT com

Reestit Mutton
January 2nd 04, 01:41 PM

andrew cranston wrote:
> anyone else got the email saying out of stock for the palm 7i zire?.
>
> Andrew

See my previous post.

Clearly, they're trying it on - demand fulfilment or replacement with a
Tungsten T and tell them that trading standards wiould not look kindly
on what is effectively false advertising and potentially "bait and
switch" tactics.

If they meet enough resistance, I think they may relent.

RM
--
unlocking Nokia and SonyEricsson phones in the Edinburgh area
email: reestit_mutton AT lauriem DOT plus DOT com

rsn
January 2nd 04, 07:33 PM
Picked one up earlier from CPW store in Nottingham.

I phoned them up and they checked the whole of the Nottingham area and said
there was one in the whole of Nottm.

I reserved it over the phone and picked it up a few hours ago.

£99.99 was the price in store so was same as on the web

First impressions.....it looks pretty good.

Rsn
"andrew cranston" > wrote in message
> anyone else got the email saying out of stock for the palm 7i zire?.
>
> Andrew

rsn
January 2nd 04, 07:33 PM
Picked one up earlier from CPW store in Nottingham.

I phoned them up and they checked the whole of the Nottingham area and said
there was one in the whole of Nottm.

I reserved it over the phone and picked it up a few hours ago.

£99.99 was the price in store so was same as on the web

First impressions.....it looks pretty good.

Rsn
"andrew cranston" > wrote in message
> anyone else got the email saying out of stock for the palm 7i zire?.
>
> Andrew

rsn
January 2nd 04, 07:33 PM
Picked one up earlier from CPW store in Nottingham.

I phoned them up and they checked the whole of the Nottingham area and said
there was one in the whole of Nottm.

I reserved it over the phone and picked it up a few hours ago.

£99.99 was the price in store so was same as on the web

First impressions.....it looks pretty good.

Rsn
"andrew cranston" > wrote in message
> anyone else got the email saying out of stock for the palm 7i zire?.
>
> Andrew

Círdan Falassion
January 2nd 04, 08:32 PM
On 02 Jan 2004 "andrew cranston" > wrote in
:

> anyone else got the email saying out of stock for the palm 7i zire?.
>
> Andrew

Just checked and it's still there @ £99.99, so I've sent them this:

Thank you for your email below which I have read and understood.

I quote from your email below, "There is no need to contact us; your
order will be cancelled automatically after 7 days if we have not
heard from you."
Please DO NOT cancel my order.

I have just checked your website (7:29pm on 02/01/2004) and have
discovered that despite the claims made below, you are still offering
the Palm Zire 71 for sale on your site at £99.99 (see attached screen
print as confirmation).

As the item that I ordered is clearly still being sold on your
website at £99.99, I presume that it cannot be out of stock or
discontinued (as this would contravene the Trading Standards Act). I
therefore request that you reinstate my original order for the Palm
Zire 71 at £99.99.

I look forward to hearing from you with confirmation of my original
order.

Thank You

I'll follow up here if/when a reply is received.

:: Virus Database 349, Release Date 30/12/2003

Círdan Falassion
January 2nd 04, 08:32 PM
On 02 Jan 2004 "andrew cranston" > wrote in
:

> anyone else got the email saying out of stock for the palm 7i zire?.
>
> Andrew

Just checked and it's still there @ £99.99, so I've sent them this:

Thank you for your email below which I have read and understood.

I quote from your email below, "There is no need to contact us; your
order will be cancelled automatically after 7 days if we have not
heard from you."
Please DO NOT cancel my order.

I have just checked your website (7:29pm on 02/01/2004) and have
discovered that despite the claims made below, you are still offering
the Palm Zire 71 for sale on your site at £99.99 (see attached screen
print as confirmation).

As the item that I ordered is clearly still being sold on your
website at £99.99, I presume that it cannot be out of stock or
discontinued (as this would contravene the Trading Standards Act). I
therefore request that you reinstate my original order for the Palm
Zire 71 at £99.99.

I look forward to hearing from you with confirmation of my original
order.

Thank You

I'll follow up here if/when a reply is received.

:: Virus Database 349, Release Date 30/12/2003

Círdan Falassion
January 2nd 04, 08:32 PM
On 02 Jan 2004 "andrew cranston" > wrote in
:

> anyone else got the email saying out of stock for the palm 7i zire?.
>
> Andrew

Just checked and it's still there @ £99.99, so I've sent them this:

Thank you for your email below which I have read and understood.

I quote from your email below, "There is no need to contact us; your
order will be cancelled automatically after 7 days if we have not
heard from you."
Please DO NOT cancel my order.

I have just checked your website (7:29pm on 02/01/2004) and have
discovered that despite the claims made below, you are still offering
the Palm Zire 71 for sale on your site at £99.99 (see attached screen
print as confirmation).

As the item that I ordered is clearly still being sold on your
website at £99.99, I presume that it cannot be out of stock or
discontinued (as this would contravene the Trading Standards Act). I
therefore request that you reinstate my original order for the Palm
Zire 71 at £99.99.

I look forward to hearing from you with confirmation of my original
order.

Thank You

I'll follow up here if/when a reply is received.

:: Virus Database 349, Release Date 30/12/2003

andrew cranston
January 2nd 04, 09:56 PM
"rsn" > wrote in message
> Picked one up earlier from CPW store in Nottingham.
>
> I phoned them up and they checked the whole of the Nottingham area and
said
> there was one in the whole of Nottm.
>
> I reserved it over the phone and picked it up a few hours ago.
>
> £99.99 was the price in store so was same as on the web
>
> First impressions.....it looks pretty good.
>
> Rsn
> "andrew cranston" > wrote in message
> > anyone else got the email saying out of stock for the palm 7i zire?.
> >
> > Andrew

rsn you beat me to the one in nottingham bums,
but hopefully they will have some next week then

andrew

andrew cranston
January 2nd 04, 09:56 PM

"rsn" > wrote in message
> Picked one up earlier from CPW store in Nottingham.
>
> I phoned them up and they checked the whole of the Nottingham area and
said
> there was one in the whole of Nottm.
>
> I reserved it over the phone and picked it up a few hours ago.
>
> £99.99 was the price in store so was same as on the web
>
> First impressions.....it looks pretty good.
>
> Rsn
> "andrew cranston" > wrote in message
> > anyone else got the email saying out of stock for the palm 7i zire?.
> >
> > Andrew

rsn you beat me to the one in nottingham bums,
but hopefully they will have some next week then

andrew

WebMonkey
January 2nd 04, 11:22 PM
Pete wrote:

> I rang them and was told "we are out of stock but will be getting more
> next week"

Next time if you can snip the post I will be grateful. Thanks.

WebMonkey
January 2nd 04, 11:22 PM

Pete wrote:

> I rang them and was told "we are out of stock but will be getting more
> next week"

Next time if you can snip the post I will be grateful. Thanks.

thepearce
January 3rd 04, 03:23 PM
"andrew cranston" > wrote in message
> anyone else got the email saying out of stock for the palm 7i zire?.
>
> Andrew

Yup...... one of my local stores has a plam zire 71.........but it's one of
those 14-day recondition/return things. They'll sell it to me for just £175
too (well they can try). :(

Mark

thepearce
January 3rd 04, 03:23 PM
"andrew cranston" > wrote in message
> anyone else got the email saying out of stock for the palm 7i zire?.
>
> Andrew

Yup...... one of my local stores has a plam zire 71.........but it's one of
those 14-day recondition/return things. They'll sell it to me for just £175
too (well they can try). :(

Mark

thepearce
January 3rd 04, 03:23 PM
"andrew cranston" > wrote in message
> anyone else got the email saying out of stock for the palm 7i zire?.
>
> Andrew

Yup...... one of my local stores has a plam zire 71.........but it's one of
those 14-day recondition/return things. They'll sell it to me for just £175
too (well they can try). :(

Mark

Rev Green
January 3rd 04, 04:01 PM
>> anyone else got the email saying out of stock for the palm 7i zire?.
>>
>> Andrew
>
> Yup...... one of my local stores has a plam zire 71.........but it's
> one of those 14-day recondition/return things. They'll sell it to me
> for just £175 too (well they can try). :(
>
> Mark

Yeah I got it as well, I rang my local store, they didnt have any but they
rang around their other stores and found one for me, they will have it for
me by Wednesday.

RG..............

Rev Green
January 3rd 04, 04:01 PM
>> anyone else got the email saying out of stock for the palm 7i zire?.
>>
>> Andrew
>
> Yup...... one of my local stores has a plam zire 71.........but it's
> one of those 14-day recondition/return things. They'll sell it to me
> for just £175 too (well they can try). :(
>
> Mark

Yeah I got it as well, I rang my local store, they didnt have any but they
rang around their other stores and found one for me, they will have it for
me by Wednesday.

RG..............

Rev Green
January 3rd 04, 04:01 PM
>> anyone else got the email saying out of stock for the palm 7i zire?.
>>
>> Andrew
>
> Yup...... one of my local stores has a plam zire 71.........but it's
> one of those 14-day recondition/return things. They'll sell it to me
> for just £175 too (well they can try). :(
>
> Mark

Yeah I got it as well, I rang my local store, they didnt have any but they
rang around their other stores and found one for me, they will have it for
me by Wednesday.

RG..............

MC_Emily
January 4th 04, 07:21 PM
andrew cranston wrote:
> anyone else got the email saying out of stock for the palm 7i zire?.
>
> Andrew

I placed an order this morning and got an email saying they'd received my
order and would be processing it shortly. Got another one at 4.13pm saying
it's out of stock and discontinued - yet it's *STILL* for sale on their
website at 6.15pm!!!

Jaqy

MC_Emily
January 4th 04, 07:21 PM