PDA

View Full Version : Re: Olympus Mju300 & Mju 400 down in price?

CS
January 4th 04, 01:40 AM
"Brownie" > wrote in message

> I think they are both good but I was put off by the reviews which indicate
> that the battery flap opens too easily. That is exactly what has been
> happening to a friend with the 300 - the batteries have fallen out several
> times. Although you may get used to it yourself, I could then imagine
> asking someone to do a snap at a party or on holiday and the same thing
> happening to them. I'm tempted but this does seem to be a real problem
with
> this camera as that was one of the reasons I wanted it and to keep my more
> upmarket digital for other occasions.

I have got Mju300 and have never had a problem with the battery cover! If it
opens all the time the reviewers must be holding the camera in a very
strange way!

Colin

CS
January 4th 04, 01:40 AM

"Brownie" > wrote in message

> I think they are both good but I was put off by the reviews which indicate
> that the battery flap opens too easily. That is exactly what has been
> happening to a friend with the 300 - the batteries have fallen out several
> times. Although you may get used to it yourself, I could then imagine
> asking someone to do a snap at a party or on holiday and the same thing
> happening to them. I'm tempted but this does seem to be a real problem
with
> this camera as that was one of the reasons I wanted it and to keep my more
> upmarket digital for other occasions.

I have got Mju300 and have never had a problem with the battery cover! If it
opens all the time the reviewers must be holding the camera in a very
strange way!

Colin

Brownie
January 4th 04, 09:01 AM
"CS" > wrote in message
> "Brownie" > wrote in message
> >
> > I think they are both good but I was put off by the reviews which
indicate
> > that the battery flap opens too easily. That is exactly what has been
> > happening to a friend with the 300 - the batteries have fallen out
several
> > times. Although you may get used to it yourself, I could then imagine
> > asking someone to do a snap at a party or on holiday and the same thing
> > happening to them. I'm tempted but this does seem to be a real problem
> with
> > this camera as that was one of the reasons I wanted it and to keep my
more
> > upmarket digital for other occasions.
>
> I have got Mju300 and have never had a problem with the battery cover! If
it
> opens all the time the reviewers must be holding the camera in a very
> strange way!

Nice to hear that but both a friend and a reviewer claim the thumb falls
naturally in this position under the camera and can easily spring the cover
open?

Brownie
January 4th 04, 09:01 AM

"CS" > wrote in message
> "Brownie" > wrote in message
> >
> > I think they are both good but I was put off by the reviews which
indicate
> > that the battery flap opens too easily. That is exactly what has been
> > happening to a friend with the 300 - the batteries have fallen out
several
> > times. Although you may get used to it yourself, I could then imagine
> > asking someone to do a snap at a party or on holiday and the same thing
> > happening to them. I'm tempted but this does seem to be a real problem
> with
> > this camera as that was one of the reasons I wanted it and to keep my
more
> > upmarket digital for other occasions.
>
> I have got Mju300 and have never had a problem with the battery cover! If
it
> opens all the time the reviewers must be holding the camera in a very
> strange way!

Nice to hear that but both a friend and a reviewer claim the thumb falls
naturally in this position under the camera and can easily spring the cover
open?

CS
January 4th 04, 02:23 PM
"Brownie" > wrote in message

> Nice to hear that but both a friend and a reviewer claim the thumb falls
> naturally in this position under the camera and can easily spring the
cover
> open?

Fair enough - just tried it out - and my thumb does fall onto the battery
cover - but I still think it takes a bit of effort to open it holding it
like that!

Colin

CS
January 4th 04, 02:23 PM

"Brownie" > wrote in message

> Nice to hear that but both a friend and a reviewer claim the thumb falls
> naturally in this position under the camera and can easily spring the
cover
> open?

Fair enough - just tried it out - and my thumb does fall onto the battery
cover - but I still think it takes a bit of effort to open it holding it
like that!

Colin

Google