PDA

View Full Version : FREE OFFER

no way
September 22nd 03, 12:40 AM
Get your web site designed by Creative Web Design. Web designs begin at
$50.00.
buy one page... get 2 free!! Photos included!! Limited time offer.
We specialize in reunion, announcement, family, personal and small business
web design.
We accept Visa Mastercard PayPal and Money Order.

www.creative-web-design.8k.com

email us at
Please say you saw this post to receive freebie!!

Thanks to all,

Jen
CWD

Evan Platt
September 24th 03, 07:12 PM
On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 18:40:54 -0400, "no way" > wrote:

>Get your web site designed by Creative Web Design. Web designs begin at
>$50.00.
>buy one page... get 2 free!! Photos included!! Limited time offer.
>We specialize in reunion, announcement, family, personal and small business
>web design.
>We accept Visa Mastercard PayPal and Money Order.
>
> www.crappy-design.8k.com
>
> email us at
>Please say you saw this post to receive freebie!!
>
>Thanks to all,

That's got to be the WORST website I've seen in a while.

But don't worry, it'll be closed shortly. 8K doesn't like spammers,
and neither does consultant.com .

To e-mail me, remove theobvious from my e-mail address.

Evan Platt
September 24th 03, 07:16 PM
On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 18:40:54 -0400, "no way" > wrote:

>Get your web site designed by Creative Web Design. Web designs begin at
>$50.00.
>buy one page... get 2 free!! Photos included!! Limited time offer.
>We specialize in reunion, announcement, family, personal and small business
>web design.
>We accept Visa Mastercard PayPal and Money Order.
>
> www.crappy-web-design.8k.com
>
> email us at
>Please say you saw this post to receive freebie!!
>
>Thanks to all,

So who is ?
To e-mail me, remove theobvious from my e-mail address.

Evan Platt
September 24th 03, 11:12 PM
(Reply to a private e-mail reply sent to me from the original author:)

--On Wednesday, September 24, 2003 4:11 PM -0400 people <....> wrote:

> Dear Evan,
>
> Although, I respect others rights to an opinion, I think yours is harsh
> and uncalled for. I read your post and after visiting YOUR web site, I
> see no more spectacular a design on your site than on my web site;
> Creative Web Design. I posted for a "free offer" because Im trying a new
> marketing plan. I did not, nor do I tolerate SPAM and will defend my
> right to advertise without it being called SPAM. As for your opinion of
> my 'crappy web site', I have been somewhat busy so I have not re-designed
> the web site lately, so maybe the quality of my work is not being seen
> through the main page. I have several very satisfied customers and deal
> one-on-one with each customer to give them exactly what they want.

The newsgroup is called alt.consumers.free-stuff.nospam.

Seeing your offer was "Web designs begin at $50.00", I think this is
neither free-stuff, nor nospam. So if you're going to COMMERCIALLY
ADVERTISE (read: SPAM) your services, AND CHARGE, in a free stuff no
spam newsgroup, expect some harsh responses. You're right - there's
nothing spectacular in terms of web design on my site. Of course, I'm
not ADVERTISING my services as a web designer. I use publically
available authoring programsI do photography. None of which I charge
for, however I don't solicit my services, either. I'm not available
for hire.

Feel free to critisize my web design. I did it myself using freely
available tools. I got what I paid for.

> This is my right to an opinion.

Opinions are like a certain body orifice. Everyone has one.
To e-mail me, remove theobvious from my e-mail address.

JT
September 25th 03, 01:07 PM
Boy, I never thought such a heated debate would evolve over such a small
thing. So, in regards to this issue, I would like to apologize to anyone who
may or may not have been misled or misunderstood. The Free Offer I posted
here was with the intention of getting more people who MAY be interested in
a web design to find a bonus/freebie/discount to getting their web site
designed. I vehemently deny any intention of SPAMMING.

Sincerely,
Jen
CWD
"Evan Platt" > wrote in message
> (Reply to a private e-mail reply sent to me from the original author:)
>

> --On Wednesday, September 24, 2003 4:11 PM -0400 people <....> wrote:
>
> > Dear Evan,
> >
> > Although, I respect others rights to an opinion, I think yours is harsh
> > and uncalled for. I read your post and after visiting YOUR web site, I
> > see no more spectacular a design on your site than on my web site;
> > Creative Web Design. I posted for a "free offer" because Im trying a new
> > marketing plan. I did not, nor do I tolerate SPAM and will defend my
> > right to advertise without it being called SPAM. As for your opinion of
> > my 'crappy web site', I have been somewhat busy so I have not
re-designed
> > the web site lately, so maybe the quality of my work is not being seen
> > through the main page. I have several very satisfied customers and deal
> > one-on-one with each customer to give them exactly what they want.
>
> The newsgroup is called alt.consumers.free-stuff.nospam.
>
> Seeing your offer was "Web designs begin at $50.00", I think this is
> neither free-stuff, nor nospam. So if you're going to COMMERCIALLY
> ADVERTISE (read: SPAM) your services, AND CHARGE, in a free stuff no
> spam newsgroup, expect some harsh responses. You're right - there's
> nothing spectacular in terms of web design on my site. Of course, I'm
> not ADVERTISING my services as a web designer. I use publically
> available authoring programsI do photography. None of which I charge
> for, however I don't solicit my services, either. I'm not available
> for hire.
>
> Feel free to critisize my web design. I did it myself using freely
> available tools. I got what I paid for.
>
> > This is my right to an opinion.
>
> Opinions are like a certain body orifice. Everyone has one.
> To e-mail me, remove theobvious from my e-mail address.

Evan Platt
September 25th 03, 06:23 PM
On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 07:07:35 -0400, "JT" > wrote:

>Boy, I never thought such a heated debate would evolve over such a small
>thing. So, in regards to this issue, I would like to apologize to anyone who
>may or may not have been misled or misunderstood. The Free Offer I posted
>here was with the intention of getting more people who MAY be interested in
>a web design to find a bonus/freebie/discount to getting their web site
>designed. I vehemently deny any intention of SPAMMING.

Gee, even in an apology, you find a way to try and put in a plug.

Again, the name of this newsgroup is alt.consumers.FREE-STUFF.NOSPAM.

Nowhere do I see anything FREE in your post.

"Buy one web design at $50, get one free" isn't "FREE", it's $25 each.

So I once again ask:

Where's the Free Offer?

And where's the no spam?
To e-mail me, remove theobvious from my e-mail address.

JT
September 28th 03, 10:08 PM
Dear Mr Platt,

I would like to thank you publicly for having my email account closed. I
dont know why you had to pick me but I appreciate your instigating this
matter. I have never spammed anyone and I feel it was unfair of you to not
only criticize me as well as my web site and THEN have the gall to report me
for spamming. Mr Platt, it seems to me you need to find another hobby.

Thanks to you, I now need to re-order business cards and flyers to promote
my small business and the cost incurred to that will be eaten by me. Im
already fighting to make this small business work. So,thank you so much Mr
Platt.

I refused to answer to your last post because I thought I made myself clear
in my apology. But I see it wasnt enough and you felt the need to impose
yourself on my life again. Once more, Mr Platt, you need to get a new hobby.

If there is a moderator to this newsgroup I would appreciate it if you would
contact me privately. I would like to have this matter resolved by someone
"less obvious".

Jen
CWD

"Evan Platt" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 07:07:35 -0400, "JT" > wrote:
>
> >Boy, I never thought such a heated debate would evolve over such a small
> >thing. So, in regards to this issue, I would like to apologize to anyone
who
> >may or may not have been misled or misunderstood. The Free Offer I posted
> >here was with the intention of getting more people who MAY be interested
in
> >a web design to find a bonus/freebie/discount to getting their web site
> >designed. I vehemently deny any intention of SPAMMING.
>
> Gee, even in an apology, you find a way to try and put in a plug.
>
> Again, the name of this newsgroup is alt.consumers.FREE-STUFF.NOSPAM.
>
> Nowhere do I see anything FREE in your post.
>
> "Buy one web design at $50, get one free" isn't "FREE", it's $25 each.
>
> So I once again ask:
>
> Where's the Free Offer?
>
> And where's the no spam?
> To e-mail me, remove theobvious from my e-mail address.

JT
September 29th 03, 03:52 PM
Here is a copy of the email I got from Mail.com.
I tried to log into the account and couldnt so I wrote to their help
department.

Jen
CWD
***
[ - Sat Sep 27 20:08:23 2003]:

> Please tell me why I cant log into my account.

*** Their reply***

Hello

Your account has been deactivated for a violation of our massmail policy -
http://spamblock.outblaze.com/massmail.html

regards
postmaster

"Piper" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 16:08:36 -0400, "JT" > scribbled
> in red crayon:
>
> >Dear Mr Platt,
> >
> >I would like to thank you publicly for having my email account closed. I
> >dont know why you had to pick me but I appreciate your instigating this
> >matter. I have never spammed anyone and I feel it was unfair of you to
not
> >only criticize me as well as my web site and THEN have the gall to report
me
> >for spamming. Mr Platt, it seems to me you need to find another hobby.
> >
> >Thanks to you, I now need to re-order business cards and flyers to
promote
> >my small business and the cost incurred to that will be eaten by me. Im
> >already fighting to make this small business work. So,thank you so much
Mr
> >Platt.
> >
> >I refused to answer to your last post because I thought I made myself
clear
> >in my apology. But I see it wasnt enough and you felt the need to impose
> >yourself on my life again. Once more, Mr Platt, you need to get a new
hobby.

> >If there is a moderator to this newsgroup I would appreciate it if you
would
> >contact me privately. I would like to have this matter resolved by
someone
> >"less obvious".
> >
> >Jen
> >CWD
>
> Jen, I would have thought your ISP would have been more lenient with
> just a warning or something before cutting you off like that.
> Personally, your post about your services didn't deserve this
> treatment nor Mr. Platt's. I go to a lot of sites that offer free
> stuff and sometimes I have to wade through a ton of junk to get to the
> free thing. Sometimes it's just not worth it. Right off, I knew I
> wasn't interested in your offer, so I just clicked out. No problem.
> Sorry you are having to go to all this new expense because of an
> innocent post, especially after your apology to the group.
>
> Mr. Platt, you need to take a chill pill. Go jump on a pornography
> post or something.
>
> ~Piper~
> The older I get...the better I was!

Evan Platt
September 29th 03, 06:34 PM
On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 16:08:36 -0400, "JT" > wrote:

>Dear Mr Platt,
>
>I would like to thank you publicly for having my email account closed. I
>dont know why you had to pick me but I appreciate your instigating this
>matter.

<sarcasm>You're the only person I've ever reported for spamming. I
singled out you. I never have reported another spammer before, nor
will I ever report another. I singled out you.

> I have never spammed anyone and I feel it was unfair of you to not
>only criticize me as well as my web site and THEN have the gall to report me
>for spamming. Mr Platt, it seems to me you need to find another hobby.

I work at an ISP, however my complaint was from my personal e-mail
account at my personal domain. Obviously, other people complained, OR
your ISP has a VERY strick anti-spam policy, however I'm confident
it's the former, not the latter. Think about it. If you're an ISP, and
you get ONE complaint, you take a note of it. Nothing more. You get a
dozen or so - you act on it. I can guarantee you I wasn't the only one
who complained, OR you've had other complaints before.

Looking at a quick Deja search for www.creative-web-design.8k.com -
you posted a similiar spam^H^H^H^Hadvertisement to:
alt.community.local-money (Twice, September 12th & 13th)
alt.music.beckley-bunnel
alt.west-virginia.bluefieldnet

Of course, I just did that search NOW, after my original spam report.

Your original 'excuse' was that you believed you were offering a free
offer. What's your reason behind posting to a music group, and a
bluefieldnet group?

>Thanks to you, I now need to re-order business cards and flyers to promote
>my small business and the cost incurred to that will be eaten by me. Im
>already fighting to make this small business work. So,thank you so much Mr
>Platt.

Feel free to blame me, but as YOU spammed numerous groups, you brought
this upon yourself. I can guarantee you I wasn't the only one who
complained. Obviously, others did so silently.

>But I see it wasnt enough and you felt the need to impose
>yourself on my life again. Once more, Mr Platt, you need to get a new hobby.

You need to get a method of advertising that doesn't violate your
ISP's acceptable use policies.

>If there is a moderator to this newsgroup I would appreciate it if you would
>contact me privately. I would like to have this matter resolved by someone
>"less obvious".

You don't know how usenet works, it's quite obvious.
To e-mail me, remove theobvious from my e-mail address.

Google