PDA

View Full Version : Save money - quit smoking by hypnosis

geejaye
June 29th 09, 10:53 PM
Smoking can be one of the biggest expenditures in a household. At
$5-10 per pack, smoking can cost you $150-$300 per month if you smoke
one pack a day. That is $1800 to $3600 per year - for many, a
significant rent or mortgage payment.

There is a study that shows that hypnosis can be just as good as
counseling in quitting. Putting some money into hypnosis could be a
good way to save significant money. See
http://www.onlinehypnosisblog.com/get-a-good-nights-sleep-by-hypnosis/study-shows-that-getting-sleep-with-hypnosis-better-than-sleeping-pills
for more information.

Thanks!

Al[_3_]
June 30th 09, 01:00 AM
On Jun 29, 4:53 pm, geejaye > wrote:
> Smoking can be one of the biggest expenditures in a household. At
> $5-10 per pack, smoking can cost you $150-$300 per month if you smoke
> one pack a day. That is $1800 to $3600 per year - for many, a
> significant rent or mortgage payment.
>
> There is a study that shows that hypnosis can be just as good as
> counseling in quitting. Putting some money into hypnosis could be a
> good way to save significant money.
>
> Thanks!

I have heard that no one method works. They all work perhaps 30% or
less each. My niece tried every method including hypnosis to quit over
a 25 year period. Within that envelope, she passed many years without
trying to quit. That's the problem. Don't quit quitting. Find
something. When unrelated health problems came along at the age of 45,
she up and quit on her own with the use of willpower only.

The Real Bev[_7_]
June 30th 09, 03:03 AM
Al wrote:

> On Jun 29, 4:53 pm, geejaye > wrote:
>> Smoking can be one of the biggest expenditures in a household. At
>> $5-10 per pack, smoking can cost you $150-$300 per month if you smoke
>> one pack a day. That is $1800 to $3600 per year - for many, a
>> significant rent or mortgage payment.
>>
>> There is a study that shows that hypnosis can be just as good as
>> counseling in quitting. Putting some money into hypnosis could be a
>> good way to save significant money.

My mom tried that. It worked for a few weeks. Ultimately she quit when she
was in the hospital for something else and figured she might as well not start
again.

Anger at the *******s who would profit from killing me did it for me.

--
Cheers, Bev
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

The Real Bev[_7_]
June 30th 09, 06:06 PM
Balvenieman wrote:

> The Real Bev > wrote:
>
>>Anger at the *******s who would profit from killing me did it for me.
> LOL! That's what did it for me, too. I mean, trying to kill me is
> one thing (Hell, Lyndon Johnson did that for years and Old Yankee
> Retiree drivers do so daily) but the price increase for ciggies in 1997
> made it just too much to pay for what seems to me unfair competition.

It wasn't the killing, it was the profit! Granted, the government profited
more than anybody else from selling cigarettes, but they didn't actually do the
work -- they just collected the tax. OK, I'm angry at the government too, but
that reached a ceiling long before :-)

--
Cheers, Bev
"There is nothing wrong with it and I didn't do it and, my gosh,

Bea Foroni
June 30th 09, 06:15 PM
I tried quitting many many times and many many ways. It wasn't until
I learned how nicotine held me and I learned how to quit. I don't
think anyone has a vested intrest in you quitting. This free on-line
book showed me how. If you want to quit, this is at least as a good a
way as any other and its free. Please look up my posting history, I am
not a spammer and this not something I pitch all the time.

http://whyquit.com/NTAP_large_print_212_pages.pdf

I have been quit for 1 Year, 2 Months, 2 Weeks, 5 Days, 1 hour, 42
minutes and 8 seconds (445 days). I have saved $1,680.18 by not
smoking 8,901 cigarettes. I have saved 1 Month, 21 hours and 45
minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 4/11/2008 7:32 AM

Google