PDA

View Full Version : need 2 cheap gamecube controllers

OhioGuy
July 5th 09, 03:29 PM
I bought a Nintendo Gamecube with all the cables, a controller/joystick
and a game for $15 at a yard sale. Since then, the controller has gone bad,
and I am in need of a replacement. While I'm at it, I figure I might as
well get two, because there are some games that allow 2 player, and my son
always wants me to play with him.

I thought I could find something compatible for about $10 at closeout at
some local stores, but so far I've had no luck at all. In fact, I've been
having sticker shock - places are selling genuine Nintendo controllers for
$40 to $70 new. Buying 2, I'd pay more than 5 times what I paid for the
whole system & everything.

I would prefer genuine Nintendo, but do not HAVE to have it. However, I
do want to make absolutely sure I'm not stuck with some poor quality off
brand.

Once upon a time, I do recall liking a brand called "High Frequency" for
the Sega Genesis, but although I can find a model for the Gamecube (HF7050),
nobody seems to have it in stock.

Can anyone recommend either:

1) a place to get a couple of genuine Nintendo controllers cheap

or

2) a good quality brand of knockoff controllers?

I expected to spend $25 or less for the whole thing. It would be a plus
if I could get a memory card for the Gamecube for $10 or less in the same
order.

Thanks!

I'm hoping someone on here

Bob F
July 5th 09, 04:57 PM
OhioGuy wrote:
> I bought a Nintendo Gamecube with all the cables, a
> controller/joystick and a game for $15 at a yard sale. Since then,
> the controller has gone bad, and I am in need of a replacement. While I'm at
> it, I figure I might as well get two, because there are
> some games that allow 2 player, and my son always wants me to play
> with him.
> I thought I could find something compatible for about $10 at
> closeout at some local stores, but so far I've had no luck at all. In fact,
> I've been having sticker shock - places are selling genuine
> Nintendo controllers for $40 to $70 new. Buying 2, I'd pay more than
> 5 times what I paid for the whole system & everything.
>
> I would prefer genuine Nintendo, but do not HAVE to have it. However, I do
> want to make absolutely sure I'm not stuck with some
> poor quality off brand.
>
> Once upon a time, I do recall liking a brand called "High Frequency"
> for the Sega Genesis, but although I can find a model for the
> Gamecube (HF7050), nobody seems to have it in stock.
>
> Can anyone recommend either:
>
> 1) a place to get a couple of genuine Nintendo controllers cheap
>
> or
>
> 2) a good quality brand of knockoff controllers?
>
> I expected to spend $25 or less for the whole thing. It would be a
> plus if I could get a memory card for the Gamecube for $10 or less in
> the same order.

I frequently see them at thrift shops, and sometimes at yard sales.

Or, fix the bad one. It's probably just a mechanical problem.

OhioGuy
July 5th 09, 05:47 PM
Forgot to mention: I've found this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16878176054

Not sure if it is backward compatible with Gamecube. It might work as a
second controller, but not sure if it "rumbles". Also, shouldn't be the
primary controller, because without the color coded buttons, it would be
harder for my kids to learn games. (5 & 6 year olds)

Google