PDA

View Full Version : Various adhesive clips seemingly out of production

September 2nd 09, 01:56 PM
There used to be a clip (20yrs ago) which when you put a pencil or
toothbrush or tubing in it, the pushing in caused part of the clip to
articulate around the object and grip it. It also worked well as a
cabinet closer. A Canadian firm made it but they lost their export
licence and they even offered me to find them a US importer. I think
they were called Super Klip but there are other products today on the
market similarly named that don't quite do the same. Anyone buy such
a thing recently.

Also there used to be a loop clip, that you could stick a toothbrush
or pen into and it would hold it. All it was a ring perpendicular to
an adhesive backing.

I can't find either online.

- = -
http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm http://www.facebook.com/vasjpan2

Al[_3_]
September 2nd 09, 10:41 PM
wrote:
> There used to be a clip (20yrs ago) which when you put a pencil or
> toothbrush or tubing in it, the pushing in caused part of the clip to
> articulate around the object and grip it. It also worked well as a
> cabinet closer. A Canadian firm made it but they lost their export
> licence and they even offered me to find them a US importer. I think
> they were called Super Klip but there are other products today on the
> market similarly named that don't quite do the same. Anyone buy such
> a thing recently.
>
> Also there used to be a loop clip, that you could stick a toothbrush
> or pen into and it would hold it. All it was a ring perpendicular to
> an adhesive backing.
>
> I can't find either online.
>
> I see the loop clip you speak about all the time in sizes for brooms and rakes. I have never seen one small enough for a pencil and maybe that's because sticking a pencil or toothbrush in something with a simple hole is so cheap and efficient.

I can't visualize the mechanics used in the Super Clip. Maybe you
could post a picture URL of various views. Fasteners are ever
changing. You should think in terms of purpose instead of searching
out an obsolete product. What happened? Did the dog ear their export
license?
> - = -
> Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus, BioStrategist
> http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm http://www.facebook.com/vasjpan2
> ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}---
> [Homeland Security means private firearms not lazy obstructive guards]
> [Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Phooey on GUI: Windows for subprime Bimbos]

September 11th 09, 07:53 AM
http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/trinx.jpg

the clasp is ELDON 1650

the small tethered fastener is LAUREL GRMANY

- = -
http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm http://www.facebook.com/vasjpan2