PDA

View Full Version : Chaos and viability, my theory on that

phil scott
September 6th 09, 07:11 PM
This is a theory, not well formed..but a result of recent
experiences... two specifially.

Im learning high end CAD 'Solids Modeling'.. its considered a steep
learning curve, compounded by idiocy spliced into those technical
develpments rendering it arcane, buggy, or non functional in key
aspects, as the vendor tries to cover with lies.. spin, convoluted
back door fixes and... horse****.

so Im learning..and am about half good with the software now... for
instance could draw you a car engine showing the internals and cut
away sections of it etc. it would take me too long and it wouldnt be
set up for parts production on computer controlled machines (as is
done today), but it would be a pretty picture.. so thats where Im at.

Ive noticed that after a particularly fruitful learning curve I loose
other functions for a while until the new input has time to
integrate... it seems to be done at night, or over a few nights, then
I find myself more capable than ever...and my lost functions returned
(for example knowing how to woik my PDA).

I thnk that is what sleep is for actually.. down time with no sensory
input..so the brain can collate and integrate what it was involved
with earlier.

***
then a more extreme occurance... I was in a starbucks doing some CAD
work and had this wave of crapolla descend on me and an urge to leave
but I didnt want to drop what i was about to finish so stayed...I
noticed a philipino group a table away jabbering in tagalog, and
decided i could tolerate that for a few more minutes. but it was
irritating as hell, way more than usual.

On the way out I eyeballed the group, well dressed,well groomed
talking in moderate tones... it should not have been that
distractive... I took a closer look at the loudest person, and notice
her with dry ratty looking hair, an absolutely shrill voice, and
jabbering 40 miles a second.. so extreme I apparently couldnt even
compute on it... and it must have been disturbed as well.. it sure
as hell had disturbed me.

that night for the first time years I couldnt go to sleep, my brain
was trying to make sense of some things before I dropped off.. and
nothing would add up, it was a closed loop of trying to sort out
something, no doubt CAD related... and I think that chaos from that
shrill jabbering woman.. entirely uncomputable... it would not
reconcile.

**
Im fine more or less this morning, I will give it a rest for a day
however...

I think the phenomena is culture wide, and more so in some than
others, you can see it in the modes of speach.. loud screeching jabber
precludes coherent thought on more complex or meaningful issues... the
chaos does not collate. such cultures remain retarded.. the people
improving when they get away from them in many cases, but not others
of course.

**
and I see this in engineering, and professional offices... none of it
racial, but chaos of baloney, back ground noise, trivia mixed with
complex learning... I think its turned our brains to mush like Rush
Limbaugh...

**
a cure... avoid the chaos, seek peace, learn in peace, give yourself a
few days between learning sessions, or visits with der relatives etc
to recover.... our usual notion of a two week vacation to recover I
noticed decades ago is insufficient. I spend months in Honolllu
chasing women before I even began to unwind from my time in LA... I
notice the 2 week tourists had not recovered, they just bough hawaiian
shirts.

We are underestimating the time we need for sleep, and the damage
chaos does to our lives and health personally, and collectively as a
nation.

You can see these vast differences in driving cross country... once
you get out of a city by more than 30 or 40 miles the people change
dramatically..for the healthier in most aspects.

Phil Scott

Rod Speed[_1_]
September 6th 09, 09:23 PM
phil scott wrote

> This is a theory, not well formed..

As always.

> but a result of recent experiences... two specifially.

> Im learning high end CAD 'Solids Modeling'.. its considered a steep
> learning curve, compounded by idiocy spliced into those technical
> develpments rendering it arcane, buggy, or non functional in key
> aspects, as the vendor tries to cover with lies.. spin, convoluted
> back door fixes and... horse****.

> so Im learning..and am about half good with the software now... for
> instance could draw you a car engine showing the internals and cut
> away sections of it etc. it would take me too long and it wouldnt be
> set up for parts production on computer controlled machines (as is
> done today), but it would be a pretty picture.. so thats where Im at.

> Ive noticed that after a particularly fruitful learning curve I loose
> other functions for a while until the new input has time to integrate...
> it seems to be done at night, or over a few nights, then I find
> myself more capable than ever...and my lost functions returned
> (for example knowing how to woik my PDA).

Thats just the Altzheimers...

> I thnk that is what sleep is for actually.. down time with no sensory input..
> so the brain can collate and integrate what it was involved with earlier.

> ***
> then a more extreme occurance... I was in a starbucks doing some
> CAD work and had this wave of crapolla descend on me and an
> urge to leave but I didnt want to drop what i was about to finish
> so stayed...I noticed a philipino group a table away jabbering in
> tagalog, and decided i could tolerate that for a few more minutes.
> but it was irritating as hell, way more than usual.

> On the way out I eyeballed the group, well dressed,well groomed
> talking in moderate tones... it should not have been that distractive...
> I took a closer look at the loudest person, and notice her with dry
> ratty looking hair, an absolutely shrill voice, and jabbering 40 miles
> a second.. so extreme I apparently couldnt even compute on it... and
> it must have been disturbed as well.. it sure as hell had disturbed me.

> that night for the first time years I couldnt go to sleep, my brain
> was trying to make sense of some things before I dropped off..
> and nothing would add up, it was a closed loop of trying to sort
> out something, no doubt CAD related... and I think that chaos
> from that shrill jabbering woman.. entirely uncomputable...
> it would not reconcile.

Or the mental state that made sleep difficult also reacted badly to that woman.

> **
> Im fine more or less this morning, I will give it a rest for a day however...

> I think the phenomena is culture wide, and more so in some than
> others, you can see it in the modes of speach.. loud screeching
> jabber precludes coherent thought on more complex or meaningful
> issues... the chaos does not collate. such cultures remain retarded..
> the people improving when they get away from them in many cases,
> but not others of course.

Or thats just your racism talking.

> **
> and I see this in engineering, and professional offices... none of it racial,
> but chaos of baloney, back ground noise, trivia mixed with complex
> learning... I think its turned our brains to mush like Rush Limbaugh...

Its only those with 'brains' that are already mush that take any notice of that drug addict fool.

> **
> a cure... avoid the chaos, seek peace, learn in peace, give yourself a few
> days between learning sessions, or visits with der relatives etc to recover....

Makes a hell of a lot more sense to have a decent place to work
that doesnt involved the sort of **** thats inevitable with Starbucks.

> our usual notion of a two week vacation to
> recover I noticed decades ago is insufficient.

If you organise you life properly, you dont need to 'recover' at all.

> I spend months in Honolllu chasing women before I even
> began to unwind from my time in LA... I notice the 2 week
> tourists had not recovered, they just bough hawaiian shirts.

> We are underestimating the time we need for sleep, and the damage
> chaos does to our lives and health personally, and collectively as a nation.

I dont.

> You can see these vast differences in driving cross country...
> once you get out of a city by more than 30 or 40 miles the
> people change dramatically..for the healthier in most aspects.

In fact the health stats show the exact opposite.

Nice theory, pity about the real world.

phil scott
September 7th 09, 03:56 AM
On Sep 6, 12:23*pm, "Rod Speed" > wrote:
> phil scott wrote

Rod Speed[_1_]
September 7th 09, 05:40 AM
phil scott wrote:
> On Sep 6, 12:23 pm, "Rod Speed" > wrote:
>> phil scott wrote

Never ever could bull**** its way out of a wet paper bag.

Malcom \Mal\ Reynolds
September 7th 09, 07:18 AM
In article
>,
"Rod Speed" >
wrote:

> phil scott wrote:
> > On Sep 6, 12:23 pm, "Rod Speed" > wrote:
> >> phil scott wrote

> Never ever could bull**** its way out of a wet paper bag.

Not everyone has the misfortune to be an
aussie

Google