Showing results 1 to 25 of 82
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Steve[_5_]
Forum: Frugal living April 1st 07, 02:23 AM Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
Replies: 11
Posted By Steve[_5_]
I Love Home Depot

Maybe things will get better - here's what Morningstar has to say in
their report published 3-29-07:

=====================

Home Depot is re-evaluating its business strategy following the ouster
of...
Forum: Frugal living March 26th 07, 08:25 AM Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
Replies: 10
Posted By Steve[_5_]
For the truly Nieve

ahhh, another candidate for ESL...

--

My friends tell me I have an intimacy problem.
But they don't really know me.

....Garry Shandling
Forum: Frugal living March 24th 07, 04:48 AM Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
Replies: 0
Posted By Steve[_5_]
Conspicuous virtue?

Excerpts from http://online.wsj.com/article/SB117462054041346510.html

Conspicuous consumption stays with us today. But many consumers are
not seeking an outright demonstration of wealth. Instead,...
Forum: Frugal living March 23rd 07, 01:41 AM Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
Replies: 14
Posted By Steve[_5_]
The Forever Stamps

"val189" wrote:
Guess you aren't supporting Hallmark, huh? With the price of an
average greeting card now, it's a wonder they all don't go under.

Yup, the inflation in...
Forum: Frugal living March 22nd 07, 02:02 AM Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
Replies: 9
Posted By Steve[_5_]
WHAT BIG CHAINS OF MOTELS ACCEPT DOGS???

"meteore" wrote:
I am aware Best Western accepts dogs. I do not wish to make a
reservation, as I am not 100 percent sure I am going. What other big
motel chains on route 95S...
Forum: Frugal living March 20th 07, 10:39 PM Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
Replies: 7
Posted By Steve[_5_]
Goodbye Wris****ch. Hello iPods.

Odd Bob wrote:
It seems like every damn piece of electronics I buy has a clock built in, whether I want one or not.

Yup, lots of fun twice a year when the time changes...

--...
Forum: Frugal living March 20th 07, 03:52 PM Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
Replies: 20
Posted By Steve[_5_]
Reminder about 800 numbers

Anthony Matonak wrote:
This was before the advent of cheap cell phones. Cell phones are what
spelled the doom of pay phones everywhere. You'll still see pay...
Forum: Frugal living March 19th 07, 04:08 PM Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
Replies: 22
Posted By Steve[_5_]
Shoes have a "Use By" date?

Anthony Matonak wrote:
I don't know the reason either but it's likely the rubber wasn't made
properly in the first place. I have heard that defective rubber...
Forum: Frugal living March 19th 07, 06:44 AM Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
Replies: 1
Posted By Steve[_5_]
Walmart and banking

Excerpts from
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB117425733423040858.html?mod=opinion_main_review_and_outlooks

Wal-Mart abandoned its plans to seek a banking license last week, and
all of Washington...
Forum: Frugal living March 18th 07, 10:23 PM Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
Replies: 20
Posted By Steve[_5_]
Reminder about 800 numbers

"www.Queensbridge.us" wrote:
that is why when a telemarketer leaves a message with an 800#
I call them back from a payphone.

You can still find a payphone?!

--

Fig...
Forum: Frugal living March 18th 07, 10:21 PM Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living

Does PP use the same network, whether I purchase the phone thru them
or purchase a Verizon Inpulse phone and then activate it with PP? Am
I better off with the Verizon phone?

--

Fig Newton: The...
Forum: Frugal living March 17th 07, 11:09 PM Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living

imascot wrote:
No, they are a reseller of Verizon service. They also win the award for worst corporate website, small
company division (most corporate websites win for...
Forum: Frugal living March 16th 07, 10:46 PM Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
Replies: 34
Posted By Steve[_5_]
PagePlus prepaid cellular

I activated a Verizon phone, so I guess it's using the Verizon
network. Otherwise, does PP have its own network? Any differences?

--

Fig Newton: The force required to accelerate a fig 39.37...
Forum: Frugal living March 16th 07, 06:53 AM Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living

Derald wrote:
What's the URL for Page Plus?

You gots your Pageplus Wireless:
http://www.pagepluswireless.com/

and then you gots your Pageplus...
Forum: Frugal living March 15th 07, 09:05 PM Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
Replies: 16
Posted By Steve[_5_]
prescription at Walgreens: $117 Costco: $12

wrote:
Augmention $95 at Safeway $54 at Wal-Mart.

That's right up there with splitting hares.

--

The wages of sin are death,
but by the time taxes are taken out,
Replies: 16
Posted By Steve[_5_]
prescription at Walgreens: $117 Costco: $12

George Grapman wrote:
Last time I needed a pharmacy was after a visit to the dentist. There
was no line at Walgreens but they told me it would be a 15 minute wait.
I...
Forum: Frugal living March 15th 07, 09:02 PM Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
Replies: 34
Posted By Steve[_5_]
PagePlus prepaid cellular

Derald wrote:
Can't you purchase refills directly from the Page Plus site, or am I
missing something

Well, they'll refer you to pageplus cellular, a separate site.

What's...
Forum: Frugal living March 15th 07, 05:31 AM Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
Replies: 34
Posted By Steve[_5_]
PagePlus prepaid cellular

Derald wrote:
And why wouldn't Page
Plus do the activation themselves for free,

Yes, minutes roll over and most of the
digital services may be disabled, which requires a...
Forum: Frugal living March 15th 07, 01:50 AM Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
Replies: 34
Posted By Steve[_5_]
PagePlus prepaid cellular

After being told by both Verizon and Page Plus that it wouldn't work,
naturally I ignored them and followed the advice of folks here that my
Inpulse phone could be activated with Page Plus. Bought...
Forum: Frugal living March 14th 07, 03:58 PM Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
Replies: 20
Posted By Steve[_5_]
Prepaid cellphone

" wrote:
I asked around, and I decided to go with Virgin Mobile. The coverage
area seems good. The people that have it all like it and...
Forum: Frugal living March 13th 07, 05:34 PM Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
Replies: 20
Posted By Steve[_5_]
Prepaid cellphone

SMS wrote:
Remember, with T-Mobile prepaid there is no roaming onto any 800 MHz GSM
networks (such as Cingular's huge network), only onto the limited number
of 1900...
Forum: Frugal living March 13th 07, 05:31 PM Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
Replies: 20
Posted By Steve[_5_]
Prepaid cellphone

" wrote:
I asked around, and I decided to go with Virgin Mobile. The coverage
area seems good. The people that have it all like it and haven't...
Forum: Frugal living March 12th 07, 12:40 AM Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
Replies: 38
Posted By Steve[_5_]
Item pricing vs shelf pricing

Anthony Matonak wrote:
I have heard that they are working on electronic shelf tags for stores.

The article mentions something about that -

Stores in...
Forum: Frugal living March 11th 07, 03:31 PM Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
Replies: 20
Posted By Steve[_5_]
Prepaid cellphone

George wrote:
Since different carriers have different networks it isn't a good idea to
buy a cellphone service based on price if you want to be sure you aren't
buying a...
Forum: Frugal living March 11th 07, 07:57 AM Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
Replies: 38
Posted By Steve[_5_]
Item pricing vs shelf pricing

Excerpts from http://online.wsj.com/article/SB117349375317732996.html

New York and several other states have an Item Pricing Law (IPL)
requiring that, for most goods in retail stores, each item...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 82