Showing results 1 to 25 of 223
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Palindrome
Forum: UK discounts & bargains February 8th 09, 11:16 AM Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Replies: 9
Posted By Palindrome
new glasses?

johannes wrote:
Went to an optician shop today, but was horrified about the steep prices.
How do they justify this? And now they only provide coated lenses. What a cheek!
Coating is the green...
Forum: UK discounts & bargains December 13th 08, 02:52 PM Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Replies: 5
Posted By Palindrome
****Chocolate alert******* saturday

jackie green wrote:
Derek wrote:
Just got back from Thorntons (Altrincham) 25% off today just saved a
mint cough made the women in my life very happy and saved a bundle
. Mmmmmarzipan...
Forum: Free stuff (UK only) December 1st 08, 01:17 AM Posted to alt.consumers.uk-freebies
Replies: 9
Posted By Palindrome
Quid Co.

Nick wrote:
Do you recieve the funds from Quid Co or the seller/vendor

Quidco

Also how do recieve the funds? PayPal? or Do have to supply your bank
details? (is that safe?)

Your choice...
Forum: UK discounts & bargains November 30th 08, 11:12 AM Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Replies: 17
Posted By Palindrome
Microchip Catflap Pet Porte Win 20 in Photo Competition

Mike wrote:
snip
Exactly - but I'd like to know where I can find "A UPS that can power a
computer for several hours".

They are easy to come by - but known as "inverters + chargers" as...
Forum: Free stuff (UK only) November 7th 08, 09:23 AM Posted to alt.consumers.uk-freebies
Replies: 5
Posted By Palindrome
OT Help required

Saxon wrote:
Thank you for your replies I will try your suggestions. My email is Outlook
so not sure why my posting on this Newsgroup is Outlook Express. Why would
this be?

I don't have...
Forum: Free stuff (UK only) November 6th 08, 06:52 PM Posted to alt.consumers.uk-freebies
Replies: 5
Posted By Palindrome
OT Help required

Saxon wrote:
Can some one please advise me how to add an email address to a safe list.
Some of my emails from sources that I want to receive emails from are
bouncing. I am using Outlook.
Forum: UK discounts & bargains October 30th 08, 01:49 AM Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Replies: 0
Posted By Palindrome
BA: Tesco Belgian Chocs.

Hi,

My local Tesco had/has 400g boxes of "finest" Belgian Chocs for ~4.
Silver box with green, floral-decorated, lid.

If a box of those doesn't melt the ice...they are...
Forum: UK discounts & bargains October 29th 08, 05:16 PM Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Replies: 4
Posted By Palindrome
OT Hand Held Mains Vacuum Cleaner Recommendations Please

Angela wrote:
"Palindrome" wrote in message
| Hi,
|
| Sorry if this is the wrong place, but I am looking for...
Forum: UK discounts & bargains October 28th 08, 10:53 PM Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Replies: 4
Posted By Palindrome
OT Hand Held Mains Vacuum Cleaner Recommendations Please

Hi,

Sorry if this is the wrong place, but I am looking for recommendations
for a hand-held little vacuum cleaner with a lot of suction power.. at a
bargain price..

It's to suck up all the plastic...
Forum: UK discounts & bargains October 23rd 08, 12:00 PM Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Replies: 142
Posted By Palindrome
Being slowly strangled by Northern Rock - advice?

GB wrote:
Palindrome wrote:
GB wrote:
snip
I have RSI, and I had started to type out laboriously and painfully..

Have you tried a voice control computer interface ?

They...
Forum: UK discounts & bargains October 23rd 08, 11:26 AM Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains

GB wrote:
snip
I have RSI, and I had started to type out laboriously and painfully..

Have you tried a voice control computer interface ?

They were an absolute pain a few years ago, when they...
Forum: UK discounts & bargains October 23rd 08, 12:26 AM Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains

epoxy resin wrote:
"Palindrome" wrote in message
epoxy resin wrote:
snip tale of risk of defaulting on mortgage
Forum: UK discounts & bargains October 22nd 08, 10:30 PM Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains

epoxy resin wrote:
snip tale of risk of defaulting on mortgage

Citizen's Advice Bureau - pdq.

--
Sue
Forum: UK discounts & bargains October 21st 08, 02:05 PM Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains

Isis wrote:
Either UK or abroad ?

Any helpful comments appreciated.

I've bought from HK and USA companies for years - one problem has been
spares/repairs. If you break an arm, lose a...
Forum: UK discounts & bargains October 15th 08, 01:52 PM Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Replies: 2
Posted By Palindrome
Laptop Insurance

Any thoughts on where to go for accidental damage+loss+theft cover for a
laptop would be much appreciated!

The renewal premium for mine has gone from just over 40GBP to nearly
80GBP.

--
Sue
Forum: UK discounts & bargains September 20th 08, 05:05 PM Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains

june wrote:

Hi

not well up on this but is there a cheap GPS device that works
like a compass i.e. as you turn around the display will know its
pointing say North then 1 degree to the...
Forum: UK discounts & bargains September 12th 08, 08:43 PM Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Replies: 4
Posted By Palindrome
Any gardeners out there...lawnmower advice please

BIGEYE wrote:
I am looking for a new petrol lawnmower (self propelled) to replace my aging
(like myself) electric lawnmower.
My back garden is small to medium and undulating. Whereas my from...
Forum: UK discounts & bargains September 4th 08, 05:06 PM Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Replies: 9
Posted By Palindrome
B&Q Air Con on sale now

Jan wrote:
Cub wrote:
"Jan" wrote in message
Just bought 12,000btu Airforce Indoor and outdoor Air Con units for
total...
Forum: UK discounts & bargains September 3rd 08, 06:45 PM Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Replies: 9
Posted By Palindrome
B&Q Air Con on sale now

Cub wrote:
"Jan" wrote in message
Just bought 12,000btu Airforce Indoor and outdoor Air Con units for total
price of...
Forum: UK discounts & bargains September 2nd 08, 11:32 PM Posted to rec.food.cooking,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Replies: 59
Posted By Palindrome
buying old meat from supermarket

Dave Smith wrote:
Dimitri wrote:

Other members of the family thought this was truly awful. My view is
that although if you smell it closely, it is different; but that it
is...
Forum: Frugal living September 2nd 08, 11:32 PM Posted to rec.food.cooking,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Replies: 70

Dave Smith wrote:
Dimitri wrote:

Other members of the family thought this was truly awful. My view is
that although if you smell it closely, it is different; but that it
is...
Forum: UK discounts & bargains August 31st 08, 10:08 PM Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Replies: 23
Posted By Palindrome
Breakdown cover

Hi,

I've been told that there is a bank account, that doesn't charge a
monthly fee, but includes a (free) car breakdown cover. Problem is, I
haven't been able to find which bank offers it - if,...
Forum: UK discounts & bargains August 18th 08, 12:16 PM Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Replies: 7
Posted By Palindrome
Barbecue

The Litmus Test wrote:
"Palindrome" wrote in message

Didn't it used to be..don't skimp, get a Welsh Cottage?

Forum: UK discounts & bargains August 17th 08, 01:21 AM Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Replies: 7
Posted By Palindrome
Barbecue

Robin wrote:

"Bren" wrote in message
What are the best deals out there at the moment? I have tried
Googling...
Forum: UK discounts & bargains August 11th 08, 10:40 PM Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Replies: 9
Posted By Palindrome
Sky box

Sarah wrote:
My standard sky box packed up any ideas where I can get another cheaply ?

Thanks

They turn up quite frequently on my local freecycle group.

--
Sue
Showing results 1 to 25 of 223