Showing results 1 to 25 of 49
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Beloved Leader
Forum: Frugal living October 16th 07, 03:41 AM Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
Replies: 7
Posted By Beloved Leader
flush da toilet with rain-water

On Oct 15, 1:51 pm, A Veteran wrote:
our local University has built a "green" bldg. it collects rain water to
flush the toilets. for at least 5 months in a very rainey...
Forum: Frugal living May 3rd 07, 10:50 PM Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.gardens.edible
Replies: 25
Posted By Beloved Leader
How much is fair to resale a good used Item.

Gary Heston wrote:
Yoko Onos' former driver tried to extort $2M from her, threating to
"release embarassing recordings...". What, he has a copy of her album?

Hahahahahahaha. Thanks.
Forum: Frugal living March 23rd 07, 07:29 PM Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
Replies: 0
Posted By Beloved Leader
Spam Blogs

Splogs? Whatever. I see a lot of them linked at MCFL. It's all done
for my benefit, I'm sure.

Researchers Track Down a Plague of Fake Web...
Forum: Frugal living March 11th 07, 06:01 AM Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair
Replies: 15
Posted By Beloved Leader
A clothes drying closet

clifto wrote:
Jeff wrote:
Donna wrote:
Hanging them outside on a rotary line is working well for me. Never heard
of a drying closet. Not sure I'd want to devote indoor space to...
Forum: Frugal living March 11th 07, 05:56 AM Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
Replies: 1
Posted By Beloved Leader
Attention....!!! Money Making Opportunities!!!!

wrote:
hi!!

Reported to
http://geocities.yahoo.com/v/alert.html
Forum: Frugal living March 10th 07, 06:12 PM Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair
Replies: 15
Posted By Beloved Leader
A clothes drying closet

wrote:
Beloved Leader wrote:

It's a lot easier just to hang them up.

And waste 14 times more energy? :-)

Nick

I seriously...
Forum: Frugal living March 10th 07, 06:08 PM Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
Replies: 21
Posted By Beloved Leader
Got my first 16-bit computer today - just $7.99!

OhioGuy wrote:
Yep, I found a TI 99/4a home computer in a box at the local thrift store
today.

I have a Timex Sinclair I found left out for the trash a few years
back, still in its original box....
Forum: Frugal living March 9th 07, 08:52 PM Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair
Replies: 15
Posted By Beloved Leader
A clothes drying closet

wrote:
If....
[snip]

It's a lot easier just to hang them up.
Forum: Frugal living March 9th 07, 08:48 PM Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
Replies: 0
Posted By Beloved Leader
FTC To Hold "Rebate Debate" Public Workshop in San Francisco

Free One-day Event Scheduled for April 27, 2007

The Federal Trade Commission will host a free public workshop on April
27, 2007, in San Francisco, California, to discuss the issues
surrounding the...
Forum: Frugal living March 9th 07, 08:46 PM Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
Replies: 0
Posted By Beloved Leader
FTC To Hold "Rebate Debate" Public Workshop in San Francisco

Free One-day Event Scheduled for April 27, 2007

The Federal Trade Commission will host a free public workshop on April
27, 2007, in San Francisco, California, to discuss the issues
surrounding the...
Forum: Frugal living February 28th 07, 04:21 AM Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
Replies: 14
Posted By Beloved Leader
Anyone Use Paperback Swap Web Site

Joe wrote:
[snip]

I used to work at [name deleted] Hospital. Every day at lunch time,
the pink ladies would set up a cart in one of the hallways. It was
full of secondhand paperback books. You could...
Forum: Frugal living February 13th 07, 12:11 AM Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
Replies: 8
Posted By Beloved Leader
The Best Pizza Comes From Your Own Kitchen

wrote:
The best pizzeria in town is your own kitchen.
[snip]

May I have that with a spam topping?
Forum: Frugal living January 28th 07, 05:27 AM Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
Replies: 17
Posted By Beloved Leader
Is Lo-Jack worth it on a new car

JackBenny wrote:
LoJack

Do your local police use LoJack? What do they say about it?
Forum: Frugal living January 22nd 07, 06:49 PM Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
Replies: 1
Posted By Beloved Leader
511 out of 1718 Members Have Already Earned a Total of $9119.45

New Concept Advertising wrote:
THIS HAS NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE!!

Spam? I see it here all the time.
Forum: Frugal living January 21st 07, 05:45 PM Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
Replies: 2
Posted By Beloved Leader
Free Cell Phones

wrote:
Get free*....

* The large print giveth, and the fine print taketh away.
Forum: Frugal living January 18th 07, 03:33 AM Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
Replies: 30
Posted By Beloved Leader
Returning a gift card

timeOday wrote:
... right to return gift cards....

I'd be first in line.
Forum: Frugal living December 21st 06, 06:24 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Replies: 6
Posted By Beloved Leader
Inkjet Refil Strategies

wrote:
I'm wondering if we can't start a discussion of refilling inkjets.

... now it is next to impossible to get brand
new HP26 cartridges,

As...
Forum: Frugal living December 19th 06, 07:24 PM Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
Replies: 13
Posted By Beloved Leader
Running a furnace blower motor 24/7

Chris Hill wrote:
1hp=746w. I'm sure most blower motors aren't 1hp, but 1/2 seams
possible.

(Rubbing chin) Yeah, could be. Color me enlightened. Thanks.
Forum: Frugal living December 19th 06, 07:01 PM Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
Replies: 13
Posted By Beloved Leader
Running a furnace blower motor 24/7

Chris Smolinski wrote:
... a typical furnace blower motor draws about 500
watts, so that would be 360 kWh a month. Quite a bit.

500 watts? That seems high, though I haven't any firsthand...
Forum: Frugal living December 8th 06, 03:15 AM Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
Replies: 9
Posted By Beloved Leader
Frugal Bicycle Recycling... sorta OT

quietguy wrote:
No idea what it is like in the US, but here in Oz there are bikes by the
score in the local tips - eg the tip in our nearest large town (pop
50,000) had around 30 bikes last...
Forum: Frugal living December 6th 06, 04:48 PM Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
Replies: 9
Posted By Beloved Leader
Frugal Bicycle Recycling... sorta OT

OldRoads wrote:
So many good bicycles can be found....

If you're not capable of fixing one up on your own, take it to your
local bike shop and have them do it.

Thanks for writing. My...
Forum: Frugal living December 3rd 06, 04:59 PM Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
Replies: 20
Posted By Beloved Leader
Pls help...6 cyl or 8 cylinder Luxury autos ?

anna wrote:
Pls help...6 cyl or 8 cylinder Luxury autos ?

Buying an expensive car + worrying about gas mileage = "that does not
compute."
Forum: Frugal living December 3rd 06, 12:18 AM Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
Replies: 4
Posted By Beloved Leader
OT - Help Me Identify A Fruit / Something

Joe wrote:
Can you help me identify this thing?

I didn't have to click on the picture to know that you were referring
to the over-the-top weird-looking osage orange. OK, I clicked anyway.
Yep, as...
Forum: Frugal living December 2nd 06, 03:02 AM Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
Replies: 9
Posted By Beloved Leader
Frugal Bicycle Recycling... sorta OT

Beloved Leader wrote:
I also get a lot of satisfaction knowing that I have kept something out
of the landfill, as well as knowing that I have contributed to the
United States's trade...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 49