Old May 3rd 08, 11:30 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Graham2

Default Solar powered charger

"Dino M" wrote in message
My wife's friend has asked me if I can find a solar powered charger, which
she can plug her electric hair straighteners in to when she goes camping.

I have no idea if anything like this even exists, which is why I am asking
on here, to see if anyone knows of anything like this.

I have found a solar powered battery charger, but her straighteners are
electric, so it is something that is able to supply power to an electrical
product.

I know it seems a silly question, but I said I would ask for her and find
out if it exists.

You could buy an Inverter and run them from your car cigarette lighter
socket - assuming they don't draw too much power. (check the label on the
straighteners)

Something like :

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/43494/...-Inverter-120W

Graham