Baby monitor camera?

Old March 17th 04, 03:26 PM
Moldy

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 14:20:43 -0000, "rlftygwyn"
wrote:

snip

andy, I take it you dont have young children?

I do, and I agree with Andy. IMHO Unless there is a specific reason
(medical etc) to keep an eye on your bub then it is a bit much to have
a camera watching over him(her). The standard audio monitor is more
than enough. What are you going to do, stay up all night watching it
in case something happens? (If there is a specific reason then please
ignore me!)

--

I suppose the point is 'what does it have to do with anyone else why she
wants one - just that she does'!! If you don't have an answer regarding

Rachelle

Calm down! As a parent I was just passing on my own experience that
these are unnecessary and therefore money can be spent better
elsewhere, which is a good thing all round when it comes to parenting
(money that is) Just as the OP may choose to purchase one, the OP can
also choose to ignore my advice.

--

Moldy

"Then you have the low-carb dieters. This involves the active avoidance of
life-giving antioxidants while scarfing massive amounts of known carcinogens
until someone punches you to death for bragging about how much weight you
lost." - Scott Adams
Old March 17th 04, 03:28 PM
x-\)

"Andy" wrote in message
x-) wrote:

andy, I take it you dont have young children?

A little lad at 20 months, and a little girl 4 months.

To be fair I gave these monitors a once over when we were initially buying
all our parenthood kit, and being a bit of a gadget loon I did initially
feel some sort of impulse to buy one. I also assumed that video must be
better than audio alone, so assumed that must be the way to go. As things
transpired we were given a set of McRegular baby monitors and the all
singing all dancing variety never got bought.

I imagine that even if you did hear a cry, you'd switch over the tv, then
decide it looked too dark and murky to assess the situation for sure, so
you'd still end up taking a look at first hand. Besides, take it from me,
you won't have much time for the soaps once you've a little one to care

for
:-)

It is with hindsight that I now acknowledge that the camera based monitors
would've been a complete waste of money [for us!]. I can vouch for
Kiddicare - They're a great firm, I live not too far from their outlet in
Peterborough, and we've bought pretty much everything from there. Way way
cheaper than John Lewis, and with great service and aftersales care too.

If you want to ignore my view that it's not a neceassary purchase, I will
concede that £50 isn't that much over & above what you could expect to pay
for a decent radio only monitor.

Andy

decide it looked too dark and murky to assess the situation for sure, so
you'd still end up taking a look at first hand

alot are infrared

Old March 17th 04, 04:22 PM
MC_Emily

x-) wrote:

sometimes a baby cries in its sleep, if you can see that on the
camera you are happy, if you go in to the room to check it can wake
the babby up.

This only happens if you tip-toe around from day one. Get the baby used to
noise from the start and your life can continue as normal. A tired baby
*will* sleep through noise!

its not for surveillance but to stop running ap and down the stars to
check as often

No wonder people moan about not being able to lose weight after having
children!!

esp when its the 1st babby most people worry more.

People have raised babies for long enough without cameras. Why do we need
them all of a sudden?

I dont think the babby will think you are invading its privacy do you?

Of course not but maternal instincts will almost certainly be supressed.

Jaqy

Old March 17th 04, 04:51 PM
x-\)

"MC_Emily" wrote in message
x-) wrote:

sometimes a baby cries in its sleep, if you can see that on the
camera you are happy, if you go in to the room to check it can wake
the babby up.

This only happens if you tip-toe around from day one. Get the baby used

noise from the start and your life can continue as normal. A tired baby
*will* sleep through noise!

to start with our children slept through but when they got older they didnt
you obviously know better

its not for surveillance but to stop running ap and down the stars to
check as often

No wonder people moan about not being able to lose weight after having
children!!

esp when its the 1st babby most people worry more.

People have raised babies for long enough without cameras. Why do we need
them all of a sudden?

what a stupid comment

yes people used to live without baby monitors, cars, computers, telephones,
disposable nappies, calpol, television ect

why do we need

I dont think the babby will think you are invading its privacy do you?

Of course not but maternal instincts will almost certainly be supressed.

are you a member of nct?

Jaqy