Credit-card with cash-back, flexible online payment?

Old November 29th 06, 07:20 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
Peter Pearson

Default Credit-card with cash-back, flexible online payment?

I'm looking for a cash-back VISA card whose balance I can
pay (1) from my existing bank account (2) through a decent
web interface. No annual fee. I don't care about APR. I'm
hoping for 1% back on pretty much all purchases.

Reason for asking: My perfectly good card got taken over by
BankAmerica, whose web page apparently won't let me pay
online unless I open an account with them. I long for the
Visa equivalent of a Discover card: Discover makes it
perfectly easy (and free) for me to pay my balance by
entering various numbers from the bottoms of my checks.
(But, alas, Discover is not universally accepted.) Normal
online shopping for credit cards doesn't work because you
don't get to see the "make a payment" web page until you
have the card.

If you have a card that sounds like what I want, please
let me know the issuing bank or the web site where you
go to make payments. Thanks.

--
To email me, substitute nowhere-spamcop, invalid-net.
Old December 1st 06, 07:43 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
Peter Pearson

On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 12:25:45 GMT, Jerry Bank wrote:
In article , lid
says...
[...]

Look at some of the cards that CitiBank offers.

I have just been to
https://www.citibank.com/us/cards/index.jsp,
where I reviewed their "Rewards" cards without finding a card
fitting that description. Did you have a specific card
in mind? Do you have personal experience with their
payments web page?

--
To email me, substitute nowhere-spamcop, invalid-net.