Solar powered garden lights.

Old July 19th 04, 11:55 AM
David FitzGerald

Default Solar powered garden lights.

I'm looking for some solar powered garden lights - their intended
purpose is to line a driveway.

The best I can find is a 4 pack for £19.99 from Robert Dyas at:

http://www.robertdyas.co.uk/acatalog...r_Leisure.html
(KENT COLLECTION Solar Power Lights - Pack of 4)

Delivery charge not applicable from these guys, because they have them
in stock in the shop across the road from the office.

But, I know these can be had cheaper since I bought some for €17.99
(again, 4 pack) in Dublin.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
David.
Old July 19th 04, 12:27 PM
GB

"Eres" wrote in message

"David FitzGerald" wrote in message
om...
I'm looking for some solar powered garden lights - their intended
purpose is to line a driveway.

The best I can find is a 4 pack for £19.99 from Robert Dyas at:

http://www.robertdyas.co.uk/acatalog...r_Leisure.html
(KENT COLLECTION Solar Power Lights - Pack of 4)

Delivery charge not applicable from these guys, because they have them
in stock in the shop across the road from the office.

But, I know these can be had cheaper since I bought some for ?17.99
(again, 4 pack) in Dublin.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
David.

forget em, there absolute crap, i bought 4 for the garden once, threw em

in
the bin, bigest waste of money ever. The light that comes off them is very
VERY dim i mean like a single white LED thats all.

Agreed - they're just a glimmer in the darkness.

Old July 19th 04, 12:34 PM
Dr Zoidberg

David FitzGerald wrote:
I'm looking for some solar powered garden lights - their intended
purpose is to line a driveway.

The best I can find is a 4 pack for £19.99 from Robert Dyas at:

http://www.robertdyas.co.uk/acatalog...r_Leisure.html
(KENT COLLECTION Solar Power Lights - Pack of 4)

Delivery charge not applicable from these guys, because they have them
in stock in the shop across the road from the office.

But, I know these can be had cheaper since I bought some for ?17.99
(again, 4 pack) in Dublin.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Yep , don't bother.
Get the mains powered 12v ones as they will actually provide a useful light.
The solar ones are so faint as to be useless.

--
Alex

"I laugh in the face of danger"
"Then I hide until it goes away"

www.drzoidberg.co.uk
www.upce.org.uk

Old July 19th 04, 12:49 PM
Mary Fisher

"GB" wrote in message

"Eres" wrote in message

[...]

I don't agree. You don't need bright lights to guide you on a driveway,
you're not looking for spotlights!

We use them to light the route to the caravan on our daughter's farm where,
when there's no moon, it's VERY dark. They are perfect.

We bought ours extremely cheaply from Homebase but I've seen them in other
places for very low prices. We think they're worth having and have decided
to buy some more for our other caravan and tents. They're ideal to place
near pegs to prevent tripping.

We also use one to provide constant, low level light in the caravan and
tents for when we have to get up in the night. That way we don't disturb
each other by switching on a light.

True, they don't provide enough light to read by but they do the job we want
and, I suspect, the OP's too.

Mary