Tesco Direct / Tesco Extra misleading price policy?

Old June 17th 12, 09:59 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-freebies
ejones

Default Tesco Direct / Tesco Extra misleading price policy?

"Mike Gathergood, G4KFK" wrote in message
Tesco Extra stores are currently dsiplaying a package deal comprising
a Technika 42" 3D LCD TV with Bluray Player, with a headline price of
399

Having seen this deal in Tesco Extra's Bracknell store, I was told
that TVs over 37" are for home delivery only, and that I should go
home and use the product code 901-9277 on the Tesco website.

Unfortunately that code is priced at 449 online.

I phoned Tesco Direct's helpline. After a rather "circular logic"
discussion with one gentleman, my call was forwarded to his supervisor
who gave his name as Lewis Tamplin. He explained that the package
priced at 399 was out of stock anyway, but that I could order the
package at 449 ss they had stock of the package at the higher price.

Can anybody help me to understand this? Surely the "bill of materials"
for 901-9277 is the same regardless of whether it's priced at Tesco
Extra's 399 or Tesco Direct's 449? And, that being the case, it's
either in stock or it isn't, regardless of whether the customer buys
it from Tesco Extra or Tesco Direct.

The upshot is that Tesco Extra are advertising an item at 399,
knowing that they cannot supply it, and suggesting customers buy it
from Tesco Direct for an additional 50
..

Unless it is for free its on the wrong forum.
Try uk.legal or uk.legal.moderated