Flashlight

Old May 28th 17, 01:10 AM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
Vic Smith

Default Flashlight

On Sat, 27 May 2017 11:23:07 -0700, Bob F wrote:

I wonder if the current battery failure problems may result from the
modern practice of buying large blocks of batteries at Costco in one
purchase instead of a package of 4 when we need them. So they sit around
for years until we finally put them to use. No surprise they don't last
long.

I've been using the same Eneloop and Sony rechargeables for about 7
years. I have only AA and AAA Mini-Mags. I refuse to buy anything
using C or D or non-LED flashlights.
Went to Sony when a basement flood took out my Eneloop chargers.
IMO they last longer on a charge and have better chargers, which also
charge my older Eneloops.
The LED Mini-Mags are good, but not perfect. They will roll off a
work surface, so I put a tab tie loop in the lanyard hole.
The on/off/focus is clumsy to use one-handed. But I like them.

Old May 28th 17, 04:00 AM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
analogdial

Bob F wrote:

I wonder if the current battery failure problems may result from the
modern practice of buying large blocks of batteries at Costco in one
purchase instead of a package of 4 when we need them. So they sit around
for years until we finally put them to use. No surprise they don't last
long.

If my batteries failed after their expiration date, I wouldn't think
there was anything remarkable about that.

It could be that some distributors have extreme temperature variations
where they store the batteries and some don't.