A bargain and discount forum. BargainBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » BargainBanter forum » Discount and bargain forums » Frugal living
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

how to get replacement cables for Weider home Gym?



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old September 11th 17, 10:03 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
ItsJoan NotJoann
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 101
Default how to get replacement cables for Weider home Gym?

On Sunday, September 10, 2017 at 11:28:19 PM UTC-5, Bob F wrote:

On 9/6/2017 11:16 AM, ItsJoan NotJoann wrote:

On Tuesday, September 5, 2017 at 9:47:52 PM UTC-5, wrote:

On Saturday, ***December 20, 2008*** at 8:06:21 AM UTC-5, OhioGuy wrote:


I have a Weider System 3 (15922) Cross Trainer home Gym that is
having a problem.


Try
"Tractor Supply Company"


I SERIOUSLY doubt OhioGuy has been hanging around for the last
NINE YEARS waiting on yours or Bob F's reply.


And your are absolutely sure nobody else currently has the same problem?


If they are, they're not here checking a NINE YEAR old thread looking
for an answer.

Ads
  #12  
Old September 12th 17, 01:45 AM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
Bob F
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 726
Default how to get replacement cables for Weider home Gym?

On 9/11/2017 1:03 PM, ItsJoan NotJoann wrote:
On Sunday, September 10, 2017 at 11:28:19 PM UTC-5, Bob F wrote:

On 9/6/2017 11:16 AM, ItsJoan NotJoann wrote:

On Tuesday, September 5, 2017 at 9:47:52 PM UTC-5, wrote:

On Saturday, ***December 20, 2008*** at 8:06:21 AM UTC-5, OhioGuy wrote:

I have a Weider System 3 (15922) Cross Trainer home Gym that is
having a problem.


Try
"Tractor Supply Company"


I SERIOUSLY doubt OhioGuy has been hanging around for the last
NINE YEARS waiting on yours or Bob F's reply.


And your are absolutely sure nobody else currently has the same problem?


If they are, they're not here checking a NINE YEAR old thread looking
for an answer.


I have gotten multiple very positive feedback on a post I made many
years after the post. IT was still helping people with the problem.
  #13  
Old September 14th 17, 11:38 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
Beaver_[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 93
Default how to get replacement cables for Weider home Gym?

On Monday, September 11, 2017 at 4:47:10 PM UTC-7, Bob F wrote:
On 9/11/2017 1:03 PM, ItsJoan NotJoann wrote:
On Sunday, September 10, 2017 at 11:28:19 PM UTC-5, Bob F wrote:

On 9/6/2017 11:16 AM, ItsJoan NotJoann wrote:

On Tuesday, September 5, 2017 at 9:47:52 PM UTC-5, wrote:

On Saturday, ***December 20, 2008*** at 8:06:21 AM UTC-5, OhioGuy wrote:

I have a Weider System 3 (15922) Cross Trainer home Gym that is
having a problem.


Try
"Tractor Supply Company"


I SERIOUSLY doubt OhioGuy has been hanging around for the last
NINE YEARS waiting on yours or Bob F's reply.


And your are absolutely sure nobody else currently has the same problem?


If they are, they're not here checking a NINE YEAR old thread looking
for an answer.


I have gotten multiple very positive feedback on a post I made many
years after the post. IT was still helping people with the problem.


There is something weird going on in alt.true-crime where people intimately involved in crimes that took place during the group's heydey google themselves, find the posts and start participating.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...me/HlXFLdDKUc4

  #14  
Old November 8th 17, 06:48 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
NeedAlternatives
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1
Default how to get replacement cables for Weider home Gym?

On Saturday, December 20, 2008 at 8:06:21 AM UTC-5, OhioGuy wrote:
The trouble is, the plastic coating is coming off all the cables,
which makes it very difficult to do the exercises. The plastic coming
off and bulging out makes the resistance variable, and sometimes
downright impossible.

I tried searches online for replacement parts, and found that I could
easily spend $60 just replacing one cable with an official part. That
is about what I paid for the whole thing.


Thank you for the original post and keeping this thread alive. Here I am after 9 years .. this is one of the most useful post on Internet.

I have the same problem. Weider Gym cable broke. Weider wants ~ $95 for EACH of four cables! Total ~ $ 400. The entire Gym cost about that much! The cables probably cost no more than $25 each but greedy Icon Fitness gets you on parts. Aftermarket third party sellers charge these exorbitant prices.

I hate to throw away all this equipment (a ton of scrap iron?!) and buy a new for few hundred more over cost of replacement cables ... just because if Icon's extortionary prices for replacement parts.

So here I am looking for sane alternatives. Thanks for all the suggestions. I am going to check these out and post back.

We need more threads like these to break Icon's sleazy pricing. KEEP THIS THREAD ALIVE.

  #15  
Old November 8th 17, 08:51 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
Bob F
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 726
Default how to get replacement cables for Weider home Gym?

On 11/8/2017 9:48 AM, NeedAlternatives wrote:
On Saturday, December 20, 2008 at 8:06:21 AM UTC-5, OhioGuy wrote:
The trouble is, the plastic coating is coming off all the cables,
which makes it very difficult to do the exercises. The plastic coming
off and bulging out makes the resistance variable, and sometimes
downright impossible.

I tried searches online for replacement parts, and found that I could
easily spend $60 just replacing one cable with an official part. That
is about what I paid for the whole thing.


Thank you for the original post and keeping this thread alive. Here I am after 9 years .. this is one of the most useful post on Internet.

I have the same problem. Weider Gym cable broke. Weider wants ~ $95 for EACH of four cables! Total ~ $ 400. The entire Gym cost about that much! The cables probably cost no more than $25 each but greedy Icon Fitness gets you on parts. Aftermarket third party sellers charge these exorbitant prices.

I hate to throw away all this equipment (a ton of scrap iron?!) and buy a new for few hundred more over cost of replacement cables ... just because if Icon's extortionary prices for replacement parts.

So here I am looking for sane alternatives. Thanks for all the suggestions. I am going to check these out and post back.

We need more threads like these to break Icon's sleazy pricing. KEEP THIS THREAD ALIVE.


A question to ask is whether products are designed for pepetitive
bending around pulleys.

https://www.e-rigging.com/one-eighth...SABEgINYPD_BwE

More generally:
https://www.google.com/search?q=plas...utf-8&oe=utf-8
  #16  
Old November 9th 17, 12:35 AM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
ItsJoan NotJoann
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 101
Default how to get replacement cables for Weider home Gym?

On Wednesday, November 8, 2017 at 11:48:24 AM UTC-6, NeedAlternatives wrote:

On Saturday, December 20, 2008 at 8:06:21 AM UTC-5, OhioGuy wrote:


So here I am looking for sane alternatives. Thanks for all the suggestions. I am going to check these out and post back.

We need more threads like these to break Icon's sleazy pricing. KEEP THIS THREAD ALIVE.


By all means, keep this NINE YEAR OLD dead as a door nail thread alive.

 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HDMI cables and 3/4 handset home phones wanted Simon Finnigan UK discounts & bargains 3 December 16th 07 10:39 PM
HDMI cables and 3/4 handset home phones wanted Simon Finnigan UK discounts & bargains 0 December 16th 07 09:44 PM
Where to buy cables kramer31 Frugal living 17 July 21st 07 06:53 PM
8track alignment tape-new replacement drive motors-replacement pads-Ebay-$10 66fourdoor Frugal living 14 January 1st 06 04:32 PM
looking for cheap replacement modem cables, any ideas? James UK discounts & bargains 9 May 19th 04 07:36 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2017 BargainBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.