Return envelopes

Old September 15th 17, 06:27 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
KenK

Default Return envelopes

You noticing the same thing as I am? Fewer return envelpoes included with
the bills. No big deal but annoying to have to hand-address the envelopes.
My local newspaper, AT&T Credit Card bill, etc. Another every few months.

Remember when the return envelopes were postage paid?

Old September 15th 17, 06:52 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
The Real Bev[_6_]

On 09/15/2017 10:27 AM, KenK wrote:
You noticing the same thing as I am? Fewer return envelpoes included with
the bills. No big deal but annoying to have to hand-address the envelopes.
My local newspaper, AT&T Credit Card bill, etc. Another every few months.

I pay everything I can on line through my bank. No reason not to.
OTOH, I pay some large bills separately via CC for the 1% rebate. Free
money, why not?

Remember when the return envelopes were postage paid?

I'm still bitter because it's illegal to use the unused stamps stuck to
the envelopes that charities used to include in their begging letters.

--
Cheers, Bev
Sign on restroom hand-dryer:

Old September 15th 17, 06:53 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
[email protected]

On 15 Sep 2017 17:27:06 GMT, KenK wrote:

You noticing the same thing as I am? Fewer return envelpoes included with
the bills. No big deal but annoying to have to hand-address the envelopes.
My local newspaper, AT&T Credit Card bill, etc. Another every few months.

Remember when the return envelopes were postage paid?

Yeah. I just run a dozen envelopes through the printer and have my own handy.
Old September 15th 17, 09:56 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
ItsJoan NotJoann

On Friday, September 15, 2017 at 12:27:12 PM UTC-5, KenK wrote:

You noticing the same thing as I am? Fewer return envelpoes included with
the bills. No big deal but annoying to have to hand-address the envelopes.
My local newspaper, AT&T Credit Card bill, etc. Another every few months.

Remember when the return envelopes were postage paid?

I signed up y-e-a-r-s ago to have all my utility bills automatically
deducted from my checking account. I still receive the bill in the
mail each month but I no longer have to waste stamps or make a trip
to the post office.

Like Bev, I pay everything else online and have NEVER had a problem.
I'm down to writing perhaps 3-4 checks per year now. The only reason
I do write two particular checks, car tag renewal and property taxes,
is because the company doing their billing charges a 'convenience
fee.' The city nor the state receive any of this fee from either
using a debit or credit card.
Old September 15th 17, 09:57 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
ItsJoan NotJoann

On Friday, September 15, 2017 at 12:53:31 PM UTC-5, wrote:

On 15 Sep 2017 17:27:06 GMT, KenK wrote:

Remember when the return envelopes were postage paid?

Yeah. I just run a dozen envelopes through the printer and have my own handy.

Pay online and you can save your ink and the cost of your envelopes
plus the price of the stamp.

Old September 15th 17, 11:23 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
tb[_2_]

On 9/15/2017 at 12:52:23 PM The Real Bev wrote:

On 09/15/2017 10:27 AM, KenK wrote:
You noticing the same thing as I am? Fewer return envelpoes
included with the bills. No big deal but annoying to have to
hand-address the envelopes. My local newspaper, AT&T Credit Card
bill, etc. Another every few months.

I pay everything I can on line through my bank. No reason not to.
OTOH, I pay some large bills separately via CC for the 1% rebate.
Free money, why not?

How does this paying-online-through-my-bank work? You tell your bank
where the payment check needs to be mailed? And the bank does not
charge you anything for that??

--
tb
Old September 15th 17, 11:43 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
ItsJoan NotJoann

On Friday, September 15, 2017 at 5:23:54 PM UTC-5, tb wrote:

How does this paying-online-through-my-bank work? You tell your bank
where the payment check needs to be mailed? And the bank does not
charge you anything for that??

tb

When I set up my utilities to be automatically deducted from my
checking account it was before home computers had REALLY caught
on. Yes, they were around but people weren't quite as comfortable
and familiar with them as they are now. I contacted each utility
and gave them a voided check so they could set up the billing.

On my bank's website there is a heading called 'Pay Bills' (how
original!) and it's there I have set up credit cards, and insurance
payments, and such. I fill in the account name and if it's a well
known company such as Bank of America, Wells Fargo, Home Depot,
etc., it will automatically fill in the billing address. If it's
not a nationally known company then you'll have to fill in address
and phone number, and any other pertinent information.

My bank, and I guess most all do, gives the option if I want to pay
a certain amount and what frequency I'd like to pay this. It also
gives me the option to pay X number of payments, the frequency, and
when the last payment is to be paid. That's convenient if you've
made a purchase and have gotten free financing and want to pay it
off in a required length of time. Whenever the payment was sent to
the lender I received an e-mail notice from my bank it had been sent.

Bev's might be different from mine as yours might be, too. Log onto
your bank's website and poke around and see what options and how
theirs is set up. It really is convenient and a time and money saver.
No stamps and no trips to the post office!

Old September 16th 17, 09:43 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
The Real Bev[_6_]

On 09/15/2017 03:23 PM, tb wrote:
On 9/15/2017 at 12:52:23 PM The Real Bev wrote:

On 09/15/2017 10:27 AM, KenK wrote:
You noticing the same thing as I am? Fewer return envelpoes
included with the bills. No big deal but annoying to have to
hand-address the envelopes. My local newspaper, AT&T Credit Card
bill, etc. Another every few months.

I pay everything I can on line through my bank. No reason not to.
OTOH, I pay some large bills separately via CC for the 1% rebate.
Free money, why not?

How does this paying-online-through-my-bank work? You tell your bank
where the payment check needs to be mailed? And the bank does not
charge you anything for that??

Sometimes they do a direct transfer, sometimes they send a check. You
tell them when and they do it, telling you before finalization when it
will actually arrive. Yes, it's free with BofA, maybe because I have
direct deposit, maybe for everybody, maybe for all/most/some banks. It's
just SOOOO much better than doing all that writing!

--
Cheers, Bev
"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short.
Old September 17th 17, 01:24 AM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
ItsJoan NotJoann

On Saturday, September 16, 2017 at 3:43:29 PM UTC-5, The Real Bev wrote:

Yes, it's free with BofA, maybe because I have
direct deposit, maybe for everybody, maybe for all/most/some banks. It's
just SOOOO much better than doing all that writing!

I've got direct deposit too, with SunTrust, but if they decided to start
charging for bill pay, like they almost tried a few years ago with using
a debit card, I'd switch banks in a heartbeat. There's too many banks
around that appreciate your business and reward customers with these small
perks to stay with a fee gouging bank. I also pay no fee for my checking
account.

Envelopes °°°Rachel°°° Free stuff (UK only) 3 October 27th 06 12:21 PM
Used Envelopes PaPaPeng Frugal living 9 October 22nd 05 01:42 AM
C5 Envelopes Gummo UK discounts & bargains 2 December 8th 04 09:28 PM
Envelopes Jason UK discounts & bargains 0 May 5th 04 10:18 PM
envelopes Lesley Blakey UK discounts & bargains 0 July 23rd 03 02:34 PM