Tracfone-adding service days?

Old July 18th 17, 10:06 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
Dennis

Default Tracfone-adding service days?

On Sun, 16 Jul 2017 23:17:58 -0700, The Real Bev
wrote:

On 07/16/2017 04:43 PM, Dennis wrote:
On Thu, 13 Jul 2017 15:02:46 -0700, The Real Bev
wrote:

On 07/13/2017 02:21 PM, ItsJoan NotJoann wrote:
On Thursday, July 13, 2017 at 3:36:50 PM UTC-5, The Real Bev wrote:

On 07/13/2017 01:12 PM, ItsJoan NotJoann wrote:

I got up to the billing info page without seeing that. I hesitate to
provide such info unless I actually want to buy...

I did add my phone number just to see what they would offer me after
choosing the $19.99 plan. Then it took me to the $49.95 yearly plan
after that I just X'd out of the site.

It recognized neither my home nor cellphone number. I wonder if
T-Mobile cheap-O prepaid doesn't count.

You may need a real Tracfone number before they show you the deal. I
dunno, it worked for me using my wife's Tracfone number.

But I said I wasn't a customer. Surely they wouldn't expect me to have
a Tracfone number.

I just tried it going in the Not A Customer route and giving a
valid-but-not-a-tracfone number. No dice: only minutes cards were
shown and no 365 day service extension offers.

I think the extra service time is purchased online and sent to your
tracfone wirelessly, whereas the minutes increments can be added
online/wirelessly or by buying a physical minutes card and entering
the pin on the keypad.

Maybe you should complain to Carlos. :-)

Dennis (evil)
--
My output is down, my income is up, I take a short position on the long bond and
my revenue stream has its own cash flow. -George Carlin
Old August 4th 17, 08:51 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
[email protected]

On Wednesday, July 12, 2017 at 4:27:29 PM UTC-4, drpepper888 wrote:
On Tuesday, January 20, 2009 at 6:37:23 AM UTC-5, Steve.IA wrote:
I've read here (I think) that one can add service days to a Tracfone
without purchasing more airtime minutes. I've searched the tracfone site
and googled for an answer but can't find a way.
If you know how this can be done, your help will be appreciated.
Thank you for sharing.

Steve

--
"I know that there are people in this world
who do not love their fellow man, and I hate people like that."

Actually, there is a cheaper way than has been explained. Shop on the tracfone site and go to airtime basic service plans. Put the cheapest plan in your cart (though it should not matter which one you put in). They will then give you an option for buying a full year of time for $49.95. Delete the first plan you put in the cart!!! The full year for $49.95 will stay in the cart! Buy it. That is what I did today. I had over 3,000 minutes on my cell phone which I only have for emergencies and leave it in my car. I did not need any more time. I only paid $49.95 + tax and got another full year. You do not have to buy more minutes!

I just did this and i worked perfectly! Thank you for the tip!!!!
Old August 5th 17, 03:28 AM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
ItsJoan NotJoann

On Friday, August 4, 2017 at 1:51:12 PM UTC-5, wrote:

I just did this and i worked perfectly! Thank you for the tip!!!!

Thanks for the report back to let us know it works!!

Old September 2nd 17, 06:16 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
[email protected]

On Friday, August 4, 2017 at 9:28:46 PM UTC-4, ItsJoan NotJoann wrote:
On Friday, August 4, 2017 at 1:51:12 PM UTC-5, wrote:

I just did this and i worked perfectly! Thank you for the tip!!!!

Thanks for the report back to let us know it works!!

Worked great for me..Total was just $52.99 for one year service (no minutes)..Thank You !!!
Old October 7th 17, 05:52 AM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
[email protected]

On Wednesday, July 12, 2017 at 1:27:29 PM UTC-7, drpepper888 wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the tip of just deleting the minutes at the purchase page. I did not need minutes, but airtime only, and was able to purchase the year of service for $49.99 only. Sweet!
Old November 3rd 17, 03:45 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
[email protected]

[...]

Wow, that worked great, thanks for that!